for sale fsh turbo 2003 touring pack

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 lilpidge

lilpidge

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:09 PM

[color=#2f4f4f;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]For Sale: Silver VX220 Turbo[/color][/font]

Posted Image

Reluctantly, I’m putting my metallic silver Vauxhall VX220 Turbo up for sale. Unfortunately, two babies, some pending building work and a lack of time to enjoy it means that it’s time to part!

I am clearly biased, but this is a great car – mechanically sound and cosmetically clean – and I shall miss it a great deal. However, it’s time to go!

It is an “03” plate vehicle, first registered in July 2003 and has two previous owners (I am the third owner). The two previous owners lived in the same block of flats in London - with secure underground parking - and I have always kept the car garaged, so it has always been well looked after.

The ODO is currently sitting on 35,998 miles – but it will tick over to 36,000 miles on the first test drive – but still good mileage for a car of this age.

The car is taxed until February 2015 and MOT’d until the end of June 2014.

£10,950 or very near offer.

The car can be viewed in Dunchurch, Warwickshire (CV22).

[font="symbol;"]·         [/font](M6, Junction 1 – Rugby and M1, Junction 20 - Lutterworth)

Whilst I am keen to sell the car, I am also more than happy to keep it for a little while longer, so I won’t be accepting any ridiculous offers.

Please click on this link to find a LOT of hi-res photos…

[color=#008080;]Options[/color]

The car was fitted with the factory ‘Touring Pack’ option and I also have a matching Hard Top for this vehicle. If you would like to make an offer for this, please do, but I am intending to sell this separately and it is not included in the sales of the vehicle.

The stereo, speakers and amplifier unit were upgraded many years ago (by the original owner), and includes a six-disc CD changer unit. I have never used this (this type of car isn't really about the stereo!), but it makes all of the correct mechanical sounds. The head unit even has SatNav, although again, I've never really used it, but it did get me out of trouble when I got totally lost a few years ago!!

There is a Milltek VXR Exhaust system fitted to the car as well. Again, this was organised by the original owner and I understand that it only really alters the exhaust note to a more pleasing note, rather than any annoying rasp, or performance gain.

Posted Image

[color=#008080;]Service History and Mechanical Info[/color]

The car was last serviced by Vauxhall in September 2013 at 34,642 miles. It has been serviced by Vauxhall every year since new. I have had additional work completed on the car by a local trusted garage who deal with many types of motor sport vehicle as my local Vauxhall garage only see a VX220 once in a blue moon!

The car has brand new tyres on the rear and the front tyres have covered less than 1,000 miles. All the tyres are Bridgestone Potenzas. The geometry (tracking) was checked and set in March 2014.

Posted Image

The brakes were replaced in July 2013, and the car hasn't covered too many miles at all since then. Mintex 1144 pads were fitted all round, with a new disks on each corner too. The brake fluid was also renewed with DOT5 fluid.

All four engine mounts were replaced in January 2014. The left and right mounts have been upgraded to Vibratech parts from ‘EliseParts’ and the front and rear brackets and mounts are new OEM parts.

A new alternator was fitted in July 2013 and a new steering column was fitted in October 2013 as the universal joints had a little too much play for my liking.

The timing belt and water pump were replaced in November 2011.

The auxiliary battery (in the boot compartment) was replaced in December 2011.

To my knowledge the car has never been raced or abused. I took the car on a fantastic ‘Walshy’ airfield driver training day at the beginning of the year, where the car performed beautifully and was an absolute joy. This type of day is very low impact on the car – and simply exposes the weaknesses of the driver!!

Posted Image

[color=#008080;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Other Stuff[/color][/font]

The seats are red leather, and don’t have any rips or tears.

There is no bubbling in the paintwork (however, some of the existing paperwork I have shows that some bubbling was rectified under warranty when the car was nearly new).

The header tank was also replaced under warranty some years ago, and I fitted a UV protector to the header tank to keep things nice and protected.

I keep the car covered in the garage (see photos) and this cover is included in the sale – as is an additional can of tyre repair goo (I don’t trust that the original one will still be any good!).

The car has a clean history and is NOT a category C or D write off.

Posted Image

[color=#008080;][font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Bad Stuff[/color][/font]

There is some damage to the paintwork on the top of the front wing. I've tried to photograph it, but it doesn't come out very well. It looks as if someone has had some keys in their hand as they've leant on the car, and then twisted their hand around. Difficult to explain, but please see the photo…

There is also some damage to the door where the MoT guy opened the car door on to his garage door… Grrr… I've got a close up photo of it – which is the opposite of the above and it looks worse than it really is!

That’s it really… There’s the odd stone chip consistent with a car 11 years old, and completed 36k miles, but you have to work hard to find them!

If you see anything in the attached photos that concerns you, please let me know and I’ll take additional photos if required.

If I've missed anything else off – please let me know and I’ll do my best to fill in the gaps!

Please email me through the forum, or directly at WillsVX220@gmail.com

Many thanks!

Will.

Posted Image

#2 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 16 April 2014 - 06:20 PM

Love the colour, nice looking car good luck with the sale

#3 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 07:01 PM

Now that's how to write a for-sale ad.. :)

GLWTS..  thumbsup

#4 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 16 April 2014 - 09:56 PM

That's a fine looking car and a cracking price. I doubt it will be for sale for more than a few days. Glwts thumbsup

#5 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 16 April 2014 - 10:06 PM

Great ad! It's cheap too (dare I say under-priced?)

Doubt you'll have any problems selling this.  thumbsup

#6 lilpidge

lilpidge

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 06:35 AM

Thanks for your kind comments! Hopefully I've priced it about right for a sensible sale, but we'll have to see! I'll certainly miss it...especially with the sun coming out...I'm so tempted to go out for one last horrah, but must resist!!!

#7 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 17 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

No do it !!!!!!!!!!!   you might change your mind and keep it :D

#8 Tom220SC

Tom220SC

Whiiiiine Addiction

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Football, My VX220.

Posted 18 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Looks like a nice example, Good luck with the sale

#9 Rob Monty

Rob Monty

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:45 PM

Hi Will Glad to hear the family is expanding! Congrats on the extra arrival. I can't believe you are contemplating selling the car... Wish I had the money/space. I should talk to the mrs to see if I can pursuade her I need it, but can't imagine that ending well! For the benifit of potential buyers I'm the previous owner and good friends with original owner from whom I bought it. So I know the full history of this car and have occasionally had updates from Will over the years as he has maintained it. Not only is the car IMO a fantastic example of a vxt with all the 'right' upgrades, Will was a pleasure to deal with when I sold him the car. And a top bloke over the last few years. Will- good luck with the sale, but I mean that only half-heatedly as : 1) I want you to keep it as I know how well you have looked after it, and I want to keep it 'in the family'; 2) if you do have to sell it I wish it was to me.... :) Let me know how you get on with he sale. No doubt you'll have a lot of interest. Cheers, Rob

#10 lilpidge

lilpidge

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:52 PM

Deposit taken. Thanks for your comments guys.

#11 lilpidge

lilpidge

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 05:48 PM

Sale complete. Hard top included in sale, so I'm afraid that one won't be going separately now. Thanks everyone. Hope to be back in the VX fold again sometime...it was/is a great car...and I'll miss it!!!

#12 ARN68

ARN68

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:55 PM

Just got back from picking up my new car. What a great drive home in such a great car.

Obviously been well looked after over the last few years by Will (lilpidge)

Would like to thank Will for the car, the whole buying process and especially the tank of fuel. 

Top chap and hope to see him again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: for sale, fsh, turbo, 2003, touring pack

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users