West Midlands Owners?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Truly Skint

Truly Skint

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 June 2014 - 09:10 PM

Hi, I am considering a VXT. I currently have a Westfield SEIW, Zetec 181BHP, owned this for 6 years and fancy a change with something a little more usable.

I would like to hear from any owners in the Stourbridge or surrounding areas who are prepared to share their thoughts and let me interrogate them, maybe  in exchange for beer  :huh:

Are there any Midlands owners meets?

I look forward to hearing from you

I can be contacted via the forum or 07825 161872

Many thanks

Mike

#2 Truly Skint

Truly Skint

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:46 PM

I saw a nice VXT advertised either on PH or Autotrader just before my hols at the back end of May. It was black, one owner for 8 years in Chester....I think. Does anyone recall seeing this or know whether it was sold in the end?

Many thanks

Mike

#3 WrightStuff

WrightStuff

i am sheldon cooper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,238 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

You just missed the peak district meet in May. The midlands meets do occur fairly regularly tho'

There are a ton of VXs in the east midlands, but sure about west.

You could put a few questions in here...I, or someone else who owns a turdo (thats what the na owners call us) will answer..

#4 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 09:12 PM

I'm in Redditch, but have stage 2 SC.  Off the road until I get the exhaust fixed though

#5 Crunchie

Crunchie

• PipPip
  • 473 posts
  • Interests:Lots of different things, in lots of different places

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:47 AM

I'm up in Cannock I have a Turbo that you are welcome to have a trip out in if you like.

I'm also an ex Kit Car owner....Fisher Fury with 320BHP Cosworth lump, I changed probably for the reasons you are looking to...namely more road use-ability, less time fixing more time driving and abit more practicality (it does have a boot and a roof)....also a radio ( not that you can hear it) and a heater not that it works that well in the depths of winter but is enough to keep your feet warm on roof off days.

#6 Duncan VXR

Duncan VXR

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,273 posts
  • Interests:Anything to do with making cars faster and better than the original

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:53 AM

Crunchie may live in Cannock but does drive buys on his bad arse road bike round other VX owners ares rallly ;)

Good to speak briefly last night, small world in deed

DG

#7 simonlpearce

simonlpearce

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 933 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:32 PM

Work in Solihull and live in Dirtwich just off the M5 jct 5 so not all too far from you. That said mine is an NA and is by no means a pristine example. I would say more akin to a well used smoking jacket, a little rough round the edges, smells a bit funky but functions more or less as it should.

#8 sford

sford

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 01:41 PM

So there are a few of us around the redditch/droitwich area. We should organise a meet!

#9 Truly Skint

Truly Skint

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 05:42 PM

I'm up in Cannock I have a Turbo that you are welcome to have a trip out in if you like.

I'm also an ex Kit Car owner....Fisher Fury with 320BHP Cosworth lump, I changed probably for the reasons you are looking to...namely more road use-ability, less time fixing more time driving and abit more practicality (it does have a boot and a roof)....also a radio ( not that you can hear it) and a heater not that it works that well in the depths of winter but is enough to keep your feet warm on roof off days.

Hi, I would certainly welcome popping by for a chat, thank you for the offer. Are you around over the week-end? I am supposed to be going away but may be able to combine both. Can you text me your number and I will call you? - 07825 161872

Thanks

#10 Truly Skint

Truly Skint

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:10 PM

Hi guys, quick update, Westfield is now SOLD, being collected tomorrow and driven down to Sussex......not something I would be looking forward to in this weather !!

Anyway, if you hear of anything turbo'd, late age, low miles please let me know

Cheers

Mike

07825 161872

#11 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hi guys, quick update, Westfield is now SOLD, being collected tomorrow and driven down to Sussex......not something I would be looking forward to in this weather !!   Anyway, if you hear of anything turbo'd, late age, low miles please let me know   Cheers Mike 07825 161872

Have you managed to have a look round a turbo yet? I'm only 5 mins from Merryhill if you wanted to have a look at mine before you purchase one.

#12 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 05:59 PM

Where are all these Midland owners srouting up from???  When I lived in Wolverhampton there were a fair few but seems like there are loads now :) Thankfully there are a fair few in the South West so I still have people to talk geeky car sh1t with :D

#13 Dunny

Dunny

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Karting weekends with the team, Ten Pin Bowling, BBQs, and naturally my VX

Posted 01 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

I'm in Cradley Heath, Sharpz1984 is in Rowley and Woody is in Sedgley, plus Deno I believe is around Old Hill too, so a fair few of us by you :)

I'm hoping those names are correct lol

#14 JonnyS

JonnyS

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I'm in Quinton and would love to meet up to see what I'll be purchasing and ask a few question!

#15 JonnyS

JonnyS

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

Hi Crispin. I came to view your Fury if you remember but ran into unforseen costs before I could buy. Still think about it! Is the new owner using it well? Funny how things come around!

#16 Dunny

Dunny

• Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Interests:Karting weekends with the team, Ten Pin Bowling, BBQs, and naturally my VX

Posted 02 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Well when Denno bumped into me by chance at the local KFC one dinnertime we suggested we should get a few together for a mini meet up so when that does happen, one of us can always come and get you.  However there is no set date for that yet other than within a few weeks.  I can always be about if you wanted to take a look at mine (it's not for sale though!) and ask any questions etc :)

#17 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Well when Denno bumped into me by chance at the local KFC one dinnertime we suggested we should get a few together for a mini meet up so when that does happen, one of us can always come and get you.  However there is no set date for that yet other than within a few weeks.  I can always be about if you wanted to take a look at mine (it's not for sale though!) and ask any questions etc :)

Good shout Dunny, when we decide on a date we'll put a post up in the meet section, might get a few more up for it.

#18 Dunny

Dunny

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

Sounds like a plan!

#19 JonnyS

JonnyS

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

Great, look forward to it!

#20 Hark

Hark

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 04 August 2014 - 03:59 PM

I'll try and make it. (Redditch - Cradley up until 6 months ago)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users