• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#1 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:40 PM

8 part series starts on Monday at 9pm. I managed to avoid the cameras when they came down to us so you shouldn't find me on their. Some information about the series here. http://www.telegraph...e-Commando.html The point it makes about broken legs in the commando tests is true, one of the lads in my troop had his leg snap jumping down the last 2 steps at the end of the endurance course (one of the commando tests). I broke my foot at week 25 of training, joined hunter troop (rehab) for 8 weeks and hated it so just pushed through the tests to get out of there. Joined back into training where I had left off and felt another bone snap in week 27. I didn't want to go back to hunter so I prescribed myself a regime of waking up and having 2 co-codamol and 2 ibuprofen. 2 hours later I would have 2 more ibuprofen and 2 hours after that 2 more co-codamol. I would dose up before doing physical activities. I finished the final 5 weeks and after the 30 miler I finally went for an x - ray. They found 3 bones in various states of repair including the original one that still hadn't healed fully. The great thing was I still put in a great time for the endurance course and tarzan assault course ;) Should be worth a watch anyway so set it in your planners.

#2 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 12 July 2014 - 09:48 PM

8 part series starts on Monday at 9pm. I managed to avoid the cameras when they came down to us so you shouldn't find me on their. Some information about the series here. http://www.telegraph...e-Commando.html The point it makes about broken legs in the commando tests is true, one of the lads in my troop had his leg snap jumping down the last 2 steps at the end of the endurance course (one of the commando tests). I broke my foot at week 25 of training, joined hunter troop (rehab) for 8 weeks and hated it so just pushed through the tests to get out of there. Joined back into training where I had left off and felt another bone snap in week 27. I didn't want to go back to hunter so I prescribed myself a regime of waking up and having 2 co-codamol and 2 ibuprofen. 2 hours later I would have 2 more ibuprofen and 2 hours after that 2 more co-codamol. I would dose up before doing physical activities. I finished the final 5 weeks and after the 30 miler I finally went for an x - ray. They found 3 bones in various states of repair including the original one that still hadn't healed fully. The great thing was I still put in a great time for the endurance course and tarzan assault course ;) Should be worth a watch anyway so set it in your planners.

Goose needs you for a "job". He has a little spider he needs looking after😊

#3 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:29 AM

Worked at Poole Royal Marines and other sites including Bovington for many years with the DRA, watched plenty of recruits going through the paces, all of our armed forces are under rated and too many spending cuts to allow the correct equipment for the many challenges they all face by the government, all my own opinion mind.

#4 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:21 AM

A good job there is no Olympic type drug testing then  :lol:

Nutter.

#5 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Bit of lingo explanation for you. http://www.telegraph...yal-Marine.html

#6 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

Chap I work with just referred to you chaps as Cabbageheads or Sea-hats.

He's ex-Para.

I'm sure you have similar affectionate terms for them :lol:

#7 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

Hats is an army term for a beret so they call people all sorts of hats. So sea hats sort of fits. Cabbage comes from the green part of our beret. Sadly as their average IQ is about the same as a lamp post they don't realise that cabbage also comes in red. (Also red is the only colour cabbage comes in our military food)

#8 VX Mark

VX Mark

• Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:49 PM

I might drag my stinking pongo arse in front of the TV tonight to watch this.

#9 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I remember a bunch of us going to 2 Para in Aldershot and when we got off the coach one of the greeting party paras was wearing a green beret (green rates a higher status above red  after all, all you have to do to get one is fall out of a plane a few times) B)  He was greeted with a chorus of  "Where'd you nick one of our berets from?  Give it back" and was not best amused as all his mates laughed at him. [/font]

Hats is an army term for a beret so they call people all sorts of hats. So sea hats sort of fits.

Cabbage comes from the green part of our beret. Sadly as their average IQ is about the same as a lamp post they don't realise that cabbage also comes in red. (Also red is the only colour cabbage comes in our military food)

#10 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,275 posts
  • Interests:Plane spotting

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

What on earth am I watching?

#11 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:02 PM

Well that was a little disappointing and embarrassing. Hopefully next week will be a little better!

#12 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

Well that was a little disappointing and embarrassing. Hopefully next week will be a little better!

Why?

#13 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

The start showed a few guys stroking each other heads but as a clip to the future it didn't explain why and left it at that. The DL is a bit sh*t and showing him eating constantly isn't great. Is he really what Nods should be looking at and aspiring to be?

#14 Sticky

iTB lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

The naked ironing clip worried me! Was it 5 or 6 weetabix he had?

#15 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

Understatement alert :) I really hope that was hammed up for viewing figures.. Are they really that stupid they need to be told to wash under their foreskin? while the black dude had a closer butchers? I fear the whole thing will be shot/edited to make you all look bad

#16 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

We do do alot of things naked. Sleeping naked isn't a rule though. I quite happily sleep in boxers. It was a large portion. From foundation onwards tell rest of the training staff get more involved. Will be interesting to see if there is a properly nasty cpl.

#17 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:14 PM

Understatement alert :) I really hope that was hammed up for viewing figures.. Are they really that stupid they need to be told to wash under their foreskin? while the black dude had a closer butchers? I fear the whole thing will be shot/edited to make you all look bad
Some people just don't know they are supposed too. You need to run the lesson then they have no excuse. You really go back to basics so everyone's on the same level and build from there. I remember my penis washing lesson in that same shower.

#18 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:21 PM

I think the other issue is they only showed 5 of the 60 lads. Most when told something got it and did it. But that's not interesting for TV. So only showing the fuckups makes them all look stupid.

#19 jules_s

jules_s

Iceman

• 15,275 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Blimey

#20 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:29 PM

My mate came home a couple of weeks ago having failed at the final hurdle. He passed out on the endurance run and ate some mud. Instructor picked him up and sent him home. Gutted isn't the word poor lad. Sounds brutal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users