• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 thoughtless

thoughtless

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:56 AM

Dear All

I am having a midlife crisis in reverse and selling the sports-car to get a caravan!! I always intended to keep it as a track car but kids came along and I wont have time and it is a shame to have it sitting there unused. I guess I will have to get the little boy into karting or something to vent my petrol head urges!

As you can probably see from the pics this is the one with the hinged rear clam. I have listed the upgrade mods below.Its mechanically very sound and goes like stink. The general condition of the car is good (no bubbling etc) as it has always been garaged and there is no damage i.e. all lights are clear, no damaged sills etc. The bonnet has the usual peppering of stone chips but no worse than average.  I still have some tidy up cosmetic mods to do after the hinge. Minor glassing mods, cabling in the boot and some respray touch ups but the car is on the road and is mechanically finished. I am putting the car up for sale now as there may be someone out there who is happy to take this on or wants the car only for track etc.

The total bill for all mods and parts at TMS was iro 22K and a lot of work has gone into the clam. I will also be throwing in all of the originals including a mint set of wheels, the original seats, shocks and brakes, I will throw in the moulds for the modified roll bar cover that could be used to make further parts for doing other cars and the tubby ears and boot and I am happy to give advice on making the parts. You could use the car as the template for doing others. Also note that because of the way that I have done the mods,  that it would be perfectly pssible to rebond the clam along the original lines and restore this to original (although I dont know why anyone would want to)

Im not in a hurry to sell and so I am putting the car up for £20K to guage interest and see if there are offers. Im gonna put it on pistonheads etc in a few weeks. I know that you guys will give me some invaluable feedback.

ENGINE AND TRANSMISSION

TMS Stage 4

Charge Cooler Kit

Lightened Flywheel

Racing Clutch

Uprated Astra VXR Turbo

Pro-alloy inlet pipe

Uprated Injectors

New Aluminium Radiator for track use

High Flow Cat Assembly

Milltek Full SS exhaust

ITG panel Filter

Iridium Spark Plugs

OEM intercooler removed and replaced with straight pipe (increases cooling to engine bay)

RUNNING GEAR

Team Dynamics Wheels and Toyo R888 tyres

Nitron 2 Way adjustable suspension all round

Fast road set up

AP Dual Pot Brake Kit with Braided hoses and Pagid RS15 Pads

New Lightened Hubs, Bells and Discs

BODY AND OTHER

Harness Bar

4 point Harnesses

Carbon/Kevlar Seats

Carbon Rear Wing

QR Momo Steering Wheel

Carbon (V lightweight) boot lid. These were custom made by me using vacuum bagging techniques

Carbon Tubby ears

Hinged rear clam

the preliminary pics are in the link below. I am waiting for a nice day to clean the car and a friend with a better camera to get some pics of it looking shiny!!

Pics are at: http://1drv.ms/ZFncI1

#2 G-Bob

G-Bob

Embarrassing VX's in an MX5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,256 posts
  • Interests:Silver VX Bashing!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:28 PM

Nice car.    Underpriced if you ask me. 

GLWS  thumbsup

#3 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,421 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:38 PM

Does that mean this has been knocked on the head? http://www.vx220.org...akes-for-turbo/

GLWS also thumbsup

#4 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

20k underpriced?! You are joking?

#5 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

I didn't want to be the first to say.. :ninja:

Lovely spec undoubtedly, but I think I've seen a VX220 hit the £20k mark about once in years of looking.. Perhaps £14-15k is realistic if you want to sell it - the clam modifications are 'cool', but many might just prefer the standard car if not into tinkering...

#6 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:26 PM

I was waiting for the price wars to start :sleep: I personally think this should be kept of for sale adds

Edited by Bumblebee, 23 September 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#7 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:29 PM

I was waiting for the price wars to start :sleep:

I wouldnt normally comment but the seller as good as asked for comments. Frostys old CS st4 (widely accepted as the best st4 to have) with forged internals and other spec similar to this just sold for £15k and that didnt sell straight away and it didnt need a front stone chip respray and other repairs that the seller has mentioned. A bit of carbon and a hinged rear clam doesnt make it worth £20k. Sorry OP but you did invite comments.

Edited by fiveoclock, 23 September 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#8 thoughtless

thoughtless

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

Does that mean this has been knocked on the head? http://www.vx220.org...akes-for-turbo/

GLWS also thumbsup

Ive been trying my damnedest to get some time to do these and I would really love to but since the second baby I havent even had time to take a crap in peace!

whats that saying -

when youre young you have time and health but no money

when youre middle aged you have health and money but no time

when youre old you have time and money but no health

Im in the very deepest middle of middle age then!! and the wife wants another kid!!

If there is anyone in the Bucks area that wants to do these with my vac kit then they are welcome to borrow it. They can reimburse me at cost for the materials.

its not been cancelled but is descending down my to do list at a rapid rate...so as good as!

#9 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

I personally think this should be kept of for sale adds

The OP invited comments on the price

#10 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 01:35 PM

Ah fair enough,didn't notice that :)

#11 doctorfrag

doctorfrag

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

I was waiting for the price wars to start :sleep:

I wouldnt normally comment but the seller as good as asked for comments. Frostys old CS st4 (widely accepted as the best st4 to have) with forged internals and other spec similar to this just sold for £15k and that didnt sell straight away and it didnt need a front stone chip respray and other repairs that the seller has mentioned. A bit of carbon and a hinged rear clam doesnt make it worth £20k. Sorry OP but you did invite comments.

Thanks :) , I'm very happy with the car and running nicely!

#12 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

I didn't want to be the first to say.. :ninja:

Lovely spec undoubtedly, but I think I've seen a VX220 hit the £20k mark about once in years of looking.. Perhaps £14-15k is realistic if you want to sell it - the clam modifications are 'cool', but many might just prefer the standard car if not into tinkering...

IMO I think you're more or less right with the price 14-15k. FYI I sold my stage 4, late 05 reg VX 6 mths ago and it was minter for a little less than 14k despite me spending 22k on it in only 18mths ownership.  

Edited by Rickwoo118, 23 September 2014 - 02:14 PM.

#13 thoughtless

thoughtless

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Btw, forgot to mention. Mileage is 52k.

#14 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

I didn't want to be the first to say.. :ninja:   Lovely spec undoubtedly, but I think I've seen a VX220 hit the £20k mark about once in years of looking.. Perhaps £14-15k is realistic if you want to sell it - the clam modifications are 'cool', but many might just prefer the standard car if not into tinkering...  

IMO I think you're more or less right with the price 14-15k. FYI I sold my stage 4, late 05 reg VX 6 mths ago and it was minter for a little less than 14k despite me spending 22k on it in only 18mths ownership.  

Stage four cost you 22k?? Or do you mean including the car? I personally think you under sold your car

#15 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

I didn't want to be the first to say.. :ninja:   Lovely spec undoubtedly, but I think I've seen a VX220 hit the £20k mark about once in years of looking.. Perhaps £14-15k is realistic if you want to sell it - the clam modifications are 'cool', but many might just prefer the standard car if not into tinkering...  

Stage four cost you 22k?? Or do you mean including the car? I personally think you under sold your car

No Aimy, 22k all in.  

#16 doctorfrag

doctorfrag

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

I added up the costs looking at the various receipts that came with Frostys old car and looks like it would have cost between 12-14k for the modifications alone, Courtneys charge near 7k for the stage 4 engine work.

#17 Bumblebee

Bumblebee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,592 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:45 PM

Yeah modding certainly not cheap!

#18 thoughtless

thoughtless

• Pip
  • 53 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:54 PM

I know its not easy to compare cars as the stages only describe core mods. For example the carbon seats aren't part of a stage 4 but they were 600 each and although only for the ultra hard-core on the road they make a world of difference to the feedback from the car. I'm not too worried though as I am sure that a serious buyer will do their homework.

#19 J13ME

J13ME

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, cars that are faster than bikes!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:08 PM

I'm trying my hardest to think and I'm sure I will be laughed at.. but ST4? whats that?

#20 J13ME

J13ME

• PipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Interests:Cars, bikes, cars that are faster than bikes!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:09 PM

ooo stage 4?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users