Changing The Rocker Cover Gasket On A Vxt

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 A-GAME

A-GAME

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:14 PM

Got the bits from Autovaux and watched the really helpful YouTube vid of this being done on a Z20LET Astra turbo. All seemed OK, removed the rubber pipes, coil pack etc but sadly I can't get a socket on the 2 male torx bolts down low on the black plastic cam cover. It's pretty tight getting to it from the engine bay but the main problem is that triangular metal plate thing (with 3 large bolts in it) getting the the way of getting a small socket set on it. What's the solution? Can these bolts be slackened off? Also the long thin black plastic bit that runs parallel to the rocker cover, does that simply clip off? Any pointers gratefully received. Going to try and finish the job tmw a.m Cheers Andy

#2 out on the bike

out on the bike

• PipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Interests:fast bikes and fast cars

Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:56 PM

The easiest way to get at the bolts for the cambelt cover is through the wheel arch as for the black plastic bit that is parallel to the rocker cover I'm sure that is not actually attached to the rocker cover and will flex over enough for the rocker cover to come off past it.

#3 A-GAME

A-GAME

• Pip
  • 244 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:27 PM

Great, thanks. Is it definitely a wheel off job then? I still think the metal triangle will be in the way of the cam cover bolt though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users