4 replies to this topic

#1 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 13 November 2014 - 08:57 PM

Anybody with traction control.... What power and torque are you making? and how effective is the traction control? Just trying to figure it for urban driveability.

#2 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

Anybody with traction control.... What power and torque are you making? and how effective is the traction control? Just trying to figure it for urban driveability.

TC is configurable and works perfect for any power or torque engine. I have used it from 260 onwards. You can set the slip level that you allow and in steps cut off the injectors, 25, 50 or 100% but that you can also change. For example at 8 % slip you cut 25 percent power, at 10% you cut 50% and at 15% you stop all injectors. Manual you can find online (Racelogic). And offset to all levels you can set with adjuster while driving. E.g. wet or dry conditions. Driveability is great, if configured properly you can full throttle out of corners. Only concern is that misfire detection will put ECU into safemode if you use the system a lot. Stop/start resets but you can also program the ECU to disable misfire detection.

Edited by manus, 14 November 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#3 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:03 PM

just needs to "ASR" MIASRS demand data sent to Ecu , and it would do all the cut (injection masking) for you without chopping up the loom.

#4 speedster

speedster

Future of Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,600 posts
  • Interests:Music Engines Birds Whiskey and Cosmology

Posted 14 November 2014 - 09:04 PM

Thanks folks. Just conscious its not used wildly in the vx. Do you have the standard diff manus?

#5 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 06:19 AM

Thanks folks. Just conscious its not used wildly in the vx. Do you have the standard diff manus?

In the Spexige (VXt with Exige body) I have an LSD, which is another reason for using TC, as the 400-plus horses now tend to spin both wheels when throttle is used with enthusiasm which I find harder to correct myself. You need a bigger area on the road, not always available, to manually correct a both-wheel-loose-traction compared to single wheel wheelspin. With TC doing the job, I do not need to worry as it catches traction before the car develops a drift. In the Europa I don't have LSD, 'only' 275-ish horses and in corners mostly the inner wheel looses traction which I can/could correct myself. I still have and love TC in that car for the surprises the road and weather may have for me. Over the last 5 years I think TC has saved me 5 to 10 times from serious damages.

Edited by manus, 15 November 2014 - 06:39 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: traction control, power, torque

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users