celtic park

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:46 AM

Come on then, there's a lack of banter on this! stats are:

England and Scotland have met 111 times.

England win 46, draws 24, Scotland wins 41. England have scored 195 goals, Scotland 170.

Last win in Scotland for Scotland: May 1985, 1-0 (Richard Gough). England's last win north of the border: November 1999. 2-0 (Paul Scholes 2).

The first ever match between the sides was at Hamilton Crescent in Glasgow in November 1872. It wasn't a thriller, finishing 0-0.

I was at the win over the Republic on Friday and I'll be at the game tonight as well.

Scotland will be making some changes but I expect them to still put out a regularish team.

This is the return fixture from the English FA's 150th anniversary game at Wembley last year which was a 3-2

Scott Brown has been talking it up some what as one would expect him too...he's captain and an antagonistic bastard :lol:

A clash between the Auld Enemy really doesn't need spicing up. But Scotland skipper Scott Brown is clearly taking no chances.

In a remarkable interview in today's Daily Record, Brown says he is - and this is the polite version - 'cheesed off' that the English 'couldn't care less about Scottish football'.

"We know the English really don't bother about us. they have this sense of superiority that comes with thinking how much better they are than us," he said.

"And that's why we go into a game like this absolutely bursting to prove a point."

Scotland skipper Scott Brown isn't finished yet. He goes on to tell the Daily Record: "To be perfectly honest this fixture means much, much more to us than it does to the English boys.

"We are brought up with a different mentality in Scotland. We are brought up to believe beating England is as good as it gets.

"We're going into a game against our arch enemy and that's the best thing any Scot could experience."

England, if they didn't already know it, could be in for one heck of a battle.

#2 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:50 AM

It might be me but it's only the Scots (on the radio and TV) making a big deal out of this game. I don't think the English are that bothered. Sorry Scott :P

#3 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:52 AM

It's of much less significance than our game on Friday but you'll care if you get beat ;)

#4 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:24 AM

Scott Brown - the missing link.

#5 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

I hope you beat the shower of sh!t that is the current England team. 

#6 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:08 AM

Scott Brown - the missing link.

That's the spirit!

#7 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:12 AM

have a lot of respect for Strachen ,

#8 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:16 AM

I had no idea this game was happening. Now I do know, I still don't care....

#9 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

I had no idea this game was happening. Now I do know, I still don't care....

Neither do the England players.... sadly.

#10 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:44 AM

England can barely beat Estonia these days so I can understand the apathy :poke:

#11 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 10:59 AM

Adrian Chiles on 5Live (and Colin Murray on Talksport) is trying his best to talk it up but it's still just two sub-standard teams playing another pointless friendly. I'm sure the sweaties will be motivated for it but apathy reigns supreme down here. I think the England fans post-referendum chants will be more interesting than anything on the pitch.

#12 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:43 AM

lol yes, I expect a fair amount of stick.  Hey ho.

There's chat on the news of intelligence of known hooligans heading to the game so might be a shambles outside but good luck with that if they do, I wouldn't want to mess with Strathclyde's finest.

#13 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

lol yes, I expect a fair amount of stick.  Hey ho.

There's chat on the news of intelligence of known hooligans heading to the game so might be a shambles outside but good luck with that if they do, I wouldn't want to mess with Strathclyde's finest.

I suspect the hooligans are on both sides.

For me.. it is football, so could barely care one bit. I expect it to descend into the dark ages.

#14 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:30 PM

Just savour it a bit longer! This is the story Chris http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...otland-30081378

#15 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:33 PM

But that is a one-sided discussion is it not. Surely we can't believe that there won't be a large number of Scottish 'anti-nationalists' attending who intend on causing problem because they can.

#16 nicollow

nicollow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,801 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:50 PM

Im going to the game tonight for a works thing. More excited about seeing England playing than Scotland. Theyre both sh!t though. I'll be happy if I don't get stabbed :)

#17 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:02 PM

I can hardly name the England team these days. The only player I recognise is Rooney and maybe Wellbeck? Sterling if he's not poofed out again? Former Celtic man Forster should get a start hopefully he's far better than Joe Hart and is in the goals for Southampton...they're doing alright eh?

Went to see Southampton v QPR in September the day before we sailed out for cruise. Truely some great stuff being played, one of the most entertaining matches I've been at for years. One touch football, end to end stuff, superb goals. The fans had cracking banter too and Harry Redknapp got plenty of stick. Very impressed thumbsup

#18 oggster

oggster

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts
  • Interests:Staying alive 😉

Posted 18 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

Mon the jocks get in tae them:)

#19 Rickwoo118

Rickwoo118

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,800 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:15 PM

It's going to be a good match......can't wait for it.

#20 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 07:54 PM

...and mark my words...Scottish goal keepers are/ will / going to be shite......... :)

..shame there is no Mo J or John Mc around anymore....

HH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users