• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 09:55 PM

Hello mate and welcome to the site, all it is in your profile you say you have a 4 point harness. Can you get some photos up of where it fits body work. Information on who done it and how much it cost. there would be more than 1 interested party here cheers Ian

#2 speedyK

speedyK

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,846 posts
  • Interests:Er... cars?

Posted 05 May 2003 - 10:08 PM

Can you get some photos up

If that takes too long, just give us the details for a start and put us out of our misery!

Welcome from me too. :)

#3 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 10:12 PM

Also another point, what seats do you have? Are they the originals, and if so are the shoulder straps a problem. Or have they been changed to incorporate holes for said straps. Just a thought. Ian

#4 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:26 PM

I met Richard at Prestwold last Friday. His was the car that Safety Devices did originally that lead me to instigate the group buy (before they dicked me around completely) I have some pics that I will post. It involves welding a block to the roll bar and then fastening the harness bar to it (as the VX doesn't have the Elise bushes in the roll bar). Since each car would need modding individually, Safety Devices wanted £560 + VAT per car and workshop time for each car. Not an option in my book. I am still looking for ways to persuade someone else to do similar but according to Thorney, Vauxhall are looking at a solution. Paul

#5 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 05 May 2003 - 11:51 PM

Thanx for the info Paul. That is a tad on the dear side, must be someone to help us out there. what is your view on the seats, only the missus insists on ones with holes for shoulder straps cheers Ian

#6 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 06 May 2003 - 08:09 AM

I'm still on this one. Vauxhall know its an issue and are working on it. Sprint will have harness's so the fix will be retro fixable.

#7 rubber

rubber

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:05 AM

This is the sprint that you will have at the chase meet?

#8 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:56 AM

I know it is expensive. I had a group buy lined up for 5 bars with Safety Devices, gave them my car and they turned round later that day and said it would be much more expensive (we were going to pay just over £200 each).

Here are some pics of Richard's I took last week. He is still using standard seats. I am trying to find an engineering firm capable of welding in the car (this is what Safety Devices did) who are also capable of powder coating the bar when finished.

Posted Image
Posted Image

If nothing comes out from Vauxhall by the beginning of July, I will be off on a mission again to try and solve this problem.

If I was getting one made up, I would go for the ones where the harness bolts to the bar, not wraps around as this should ease the problems of not having seat cutouts.

That said, the Elise Parts seats do look the business...

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users