rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 18 January 2015 - 07:49 PM

Got my eye on a classic Alfa or similar

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item4ae38f4468
That sort of thing would be my plan  
Make me an offer then ;)
That looks really tidy but the steering wheel is on the wrong side for me And my other half would have no chance 😀

#23 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:01 PM

Make me an offer then ;)
That looks really tidy but the steering wheel is on the wrong side for me And my other half would have no chance 😀

Not for a classic Spider it isnt. All factory cars were LHD. RHD were converted by Seaking or Bell and Colvil and are not a good conversion. 

#24 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

There should be some good news on all cars but it's the low mileage ones that are heading up of course. The VX is the hardest to find a good example of. I would reckon we are maybe 2/3 years from 20k been reasonable for a low mileage turbo and 15 for a good NA.

......proof is in the pudding.....give me a quote on a LY85.....less than 30k.......well looked after, cant guarrentee last owner info though....   ;)
well ill tell you one thing if someone came to me with a LY or other good NA with the mileage and condition #85 was in it would be a good offer.The calypso I have in at the moment is not far off the ly but it has been used in the wet. Next time I find a dry weather na with less than 20k on the clock its going in my garage permenantly! Been looking a couple of years. I am being ultra picky there but to get the best/lowest mileage one left would be quite something. Y91 GAJ will be stopping with me until someone stumps up or I somehow find a lower mileage one. 19800 must be one of the lowest mileages now?

#25 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:11 PM

Make me an offer then ;)
Not for a classic Spider it isnt. All factory cars were LHD. RHD were converted by Seaking or Bell and Colvil and are not a good conversion. 
My other half would no way drive a left hooker One of the reasons we are considering moving the Vx is she can't get in and out very easily So it doesn't get used unless I go out on my own

#26 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Make me an offer then ;)
My other half would no way drive a left hooker One of the reasons we are considering moving the Vx is she can't get in and out very easily So it doesn't get used unless I go out on my own

A lot of RHD conversions can have notchy steering because of the angle of the column, not all of them so that tells you a bit about the conversions!!!!! The throttle action can be stiff and notchy and hard to get right and as there are no factory right hand drives all of the necc dash parts for the RHD are aftermarket and seem to be made from recycled yoghurt pots!

#27 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 18 January 2015 - 09:08 PM

Make me an offer then ;)
A lot of RHD conversions can have notchy steering because of the angle of the column, not all of them so that tells you a bit about the conversions!!!!! The throttle action can be stiff and notchy and hard to get right and as there are no factory right hand drives all of the necc dash parts for the RHD are aftermarket and seem to be made from recycled yoghurt pots!
Thanks wasn't aware of that Might change my view now

#28 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

Well I am in for happy days then as I paid £6k for my NA.   Still in great condition (just need to tidy a couple of bits up) and on 85k and non-cat.  Jonny what's your crystal ball saying (you've seen my car I think...)

Edited by TheRealVXed, 19 January 2015 - 09:40 AM.

#29 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:13 AM

I think the days of tidy none cat 6k cars are probably behind us. The market is split as always though its the same with the Lotus cars. The low mileage/pristine ones are always highly sought after but you hope theres trickle down. I've long thought that the VX will have its day in the future. Its got all the ingredients of a classic. Properly limited numbers now, never will be made again, like it or not it has solid Lotus heritage and its a great car to drive.

I see the red NA with 13k came and went instantly at the weekend. Looks to have been tidied up since I was offered it a few months back. Wouldnt have minded that in here!

#30 Kenni

Kenni

• PipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:50 AM

Well in that case, another excuse to the wife not to sell it. 24k miles, N/a in pristine condition..lol

#31 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 10:56 AM

The problem is they both need work, Low mile cars and high mile cars all need suspension refurbs and brake refurbs and pipes are usually cracking etc IMO and from experience

Edited by The Batman, 19 January 2015 - 10:56 AM.

#32 Mike (Cliffie)

Mike (Cliffie)

Back in a VX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,352 posts
  • Interests:Weaving weasels woolly hats.

Posted 19 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Make me an offer then ;)

Blimey, Spiders go for good money. 

#33 ratboiler

ratboiler

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 12:33 PM

So a properly registered VXR220 of which I read on this forum there are only two (mine being one of them) should be worth a fortune.

As I now see all you VXR owners rushing to check your V5, it will say VX220!

#34 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 03:49 PM

:yeahthat:  VXR no20 definitely says VX220 Turbo on the V5  (I know because I used to own it....)

Edited by TheRealVXed, 19 January 2015 - 03:49 PM.

#35 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 04:03 PM

When selling I guess mileage matters to most. When buying (for me) miles is irrelevant. Condition is everything for me. Especially as the 2.2 sees galactic miles in other vauxhalls with no issues. As Joe says any VX will need freshening up with age so a fit 80k miler is more attractive to me as a driver than a 30k on 14 year old running gear. Great to see them firming up though, the cat cars drag the market price down.

Edited by pete-r, 19 January 2015 - 04:06 PM.

#36 Tony VXR 56

Tony VXR 56

• PipPip
  • 373 posts

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:52 PM

So a properly registered VXR220 of which I read on this forum there are only two (mine being one of them) should be worth a fortune. As I now see all you VXR owners rushing to check your V5, it will say VX220!

Mine very clearly shows VXR220 had the pleasure of correcting with dvla when I got it from JJJ and they sent me the v5 back as vx220!!

#37 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

thumbsup

Cue all other VXR220 owners phoning the DVLA this week.... :lol:

#38 myles

myles

Sausagefest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

thumbsup

Cue all other VXR220 owners phoning the DVLA this week.... :lol:

.....and ratboiler's VXR being devalued overnight!

#39 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:37 AM

it does seem winter prices are really holding up now. Used to be able to snap up a VX for 5k in okish condition in the depths of winter. Also noticed the number of VX for sale in summer is much much lower than previous years. think the huge new prices for lotus and the complexities (things to go wrong) on modern cars is really helping VX prices.

#40 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

When selling I guess mileage matters to most. When buying (for me) miles is irrelevant. Condition is everything for me. Especially as the 2.2 sees galactic miles in other vauxhalls with no issues. As Joe says any VX will need freshening up with age so a fit 80k miler is more attractive to me as a driver than a 30k on 14 year old running gear. Great to see them firming up though, the cat cars drag the market price down.

Totally agree. I viewed and drove lower mileage cars before buying mine with higher mileage. Need to judge case by case and how they've been looked after. Personally rather have one that's been driven then sat but that's my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users