Photo

Toad Alarm - Can I Just Remove The Siren ?

alarm siren remove

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 vpsteve

vpsteve

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:petrolhead - 2 and 4 wheels - mostly 2 wheeled BMW's and 4W Porsche ......(:-))

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:59 PM

Hi - any experts out there on alarms ? have a Toad CI606 .... very occasionallly goes off without cause and ive always been close by to reset. Change of job means if it goes off while I am travelling my neighbours will have burned the car ......

can I simply disable the siren by removing it ...its self powered I know but underwater for a few days will sort that.

Im concerned about the systen disabling the car forever after tampering

id be happy if there was no siren and relied on the hazards and immobilizer...it'll be parked up in a garage

Any advise based on experience would be greatfully received

:huh:

Cheers Steve

#2 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Alarm is separate to the immobiliser. You can remove it.

#3 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

Standard Alarm is separate to the immobiliser. You can remove it.

EFA. Who knows with an aftermarket alarm as to how it's been wired up. Could well be using it's own integral immobiliser as well as, or instead of the standard immobiliser.

#4 vpsteve

vpsteve

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:petrolhead - 2 and 4 wheels - mostly 2 wheeled BMW's and 4W Porsche ......(:-))

Posted 28 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

for what its worth ive been advised by Toad technical team thatI can simply disarm the alarm and unplug the siren at the siren end of the loom

seems a bit simple - but ill report back at the weekend

cheers steve

#5 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,508 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

I would of just tried it lol

#6 vpsteve

vpsteve

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 05:07 PM

OK - good news - It worked now have fully functioning alarm without any noise ...I know I know its lost a lot of the deterrent quality but it allows me to sleep at night when away....

for those that want to know ...disarm on the key fob    remove siren from mounting cradle...take siren rear cover off - just peel back the 4 plastic clips moulded into the body....peer inside the cover and there is a micro plug at the end of the wire which goes through the rear cover ...simply pull it off the printed circuit board...no damage its just a connector with no retention clips.... either remove the siren or tape it up and reassemble ...I did this so that it can be put back in 15 mins ...simples

Steve 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users