• 8,120 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 12:52 PM

thx you've just reminded me that I have to tell them about a TD on 30/5

#243 P11 COV

P11 COV

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,683 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Music, God, Family. Holidays.

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:05 PM

thx you've just reminded me that I have to tell them about a TD on 30/5

You with them?!!! though you were skeptical?

#244 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 03 June 2016 - 08:20 AM

I renewed with them yesterday. Insurance was due to expire at midnight and I had a hangover so couldn't face phoning round getting quotes.  Renewal price was identical to what I paid last year. He phoned me and asked if I wanted to renew and I said yes. Most painless insurance renewal ever.

#245 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:17 AM

Just insured with Matt at HT.

Gave me a quote very quickly over the phone last week and was significantly cheaper than most others including my previous insurer CCI who when I asked if they could get my quote any lower said it was as low as they could go and the conversation on there end ended so I've happily just renewed with HT. Documentation over shortly to check out so will report back if anything seems amiss but 5 TD's is more than enough for me per year.

#246 robin

robin

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:41 AM

Must admit Henderson is really helpful and nothing's a problem I don't even bother looking for other quotes as been spot on with me Keep up the good work

#247 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:42 AM

I agree, he is easy to deal with.

#248 kipper

kipper

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,364 posts
  • Interests:Things that rotate.
    Smoking various types
    of fish.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:23 PM

Just changed today from Classicline to Henderson Taylor. Saved about £100 on the cost of the policy, but the most important thing was the Track day cover for European circuits. Classicline wanted £200 per track day, with one weeks notice, while at Henderson Taylor, the days are at no extra charge with only 24 hours notice.

This is all very interesting at both companies policies are underwritten by the same syndicate, Equity Red Star!

Overall very good service and prompt relies from Matt, a good chap to deal with, but slightly worried as he seems to be a one man band. Hopefully he is just as efficient when a claim is made :unsure: 

#249 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:53 PM

I too have just renewed with Matt at HT... price was reasonable again, and phone call to renew took about as long as it takes to read the long number on the front of the card!  thumbsup

#250 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

I emailed Matt asking for a copy of my insurance certificate and he said he would "have to request it", and he hasn't got it to me yet (it's been a week)  :huh:

#251 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 05 July 2016 - 08:36 PM

I'm still waiting also. Two weeks now.

#252 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

He sent me a certificate, which shows my insurance expiring on 2nd June 2016 (which is the day I renewed), and my car is not showing as insured on AskMID.

If you are insured with Henderson Taylor, I would double check on AskMID that your car is actually insured...

#253 pigbag04

pigbag04

• Pip
  • 216 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 05:48 PM

I was with competition car Insurance. Had the roof slashed on our Audi A4 claimed on a different insurance and car got wrote off due to quote of £5600 to replace!!.

Anyway insurance was due on VX so told them about this claim and insurance quote went from £420 to £655!!

After i woke up gave them a piece of my mind but wouldnt budge so looked on here got Henderson Taylors details .

Great guy! Gave details including the claim and are now insured for less than £300

Just checked on AskMID and are insured !! Job done

Thanks Competition car Insurance!!!!!!!

#254 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

Thought I'd update this thread, seeing as I've gone and used what we all pay our premiums for (a claim)! :lol: As most know I hit some diesel on track ;) and therefor hit some tyres and made my shoddy vx look even worse. This was the first and only time I emailed HT about my track day prior to it all, so was lucky in that respect. Called up on the Monday after, to let Matt know what happened. He was very professional and concerned if I was okay. Told me to ring ERS and register the claim with them. Called them up and let them know what happened and left it with them to call me back. Phone call around 2 hours later and I explained I wanted to keep the car regardless and wanted to get my own quotes to fix the car. They were more than happy to let me do this and for the car to stay with me while the process went on. I contacted 3 well known companies on .org, 2 had the good grace to reply and quote me from the list of damage I gave them. Now, my car was agreed at £21,000 and the track day excess was 10% so minus £2100. I was told by ERS that anything over 60% will write the car off, and with the quotes I was getting back this would be the case. I submitted my quotes, and awaited to hear back. One week went by and nothing so I rung up. They hadn't received my email and said I didn't have agreed value on my policy. My heart stopped for a moment and after a swift call to Matt, he sorted the issue out. It seems when you renew your policy they have to transfer over your valuation and pictures, which they hadn't. Long story short there was 3 weeks of back and forth with me having to constantly call ERS for updates and info. Each time either someone hadn't done their job or info hadn't been passed on or processed. If I'm honest it was very unprofessional of ERS, that simple things weren't being addressed. I was unhappy and made that clear to whom I spoke to, but nothing really sunk in. Eventually the pictures I had sent made it to the engineers who would say if it was a write off. No one was sent physically to look over my car, it was all done digitally and agreed my car was a cat D write off. Another week went by and I finally got a phone call with a figure of what the buy back was. In most cases, buy back can be anywhere between 20-30%, this was the case for PeterVXR. It was to my shock that the buy back on a cat D was 44% (for reference cat C is 36%). So £9240 is knocked off which was hard to swallow, but I agreed to doing so as the car is worth much more than that. I could of taken £18,900, but to get my car back to what it was, would not be covered by this figure. In the end I kept my car (now registered cat D) and £9660 in the bank. I have complete control of how that money is spent as apposed to sending it to a body shop and loosing some control to the rules and like for like policy. I have already bought a complete vx body set and lights, along with the intent for a complete colour change and upgrade which is something that wouldn't of happened with an insurance repair. All this and still money left over for things like PA fuel tank and other shiny goods for the car. Might even invest in traction control! :lol: My conclusion of the policy HT offer, is it's worth having and everything stacks up in hindsight. However, you will be dealing with welsh teenagers who know little of this type of cover and will need to put the hours in to secure what is on paper. You should also state when you renew or open a policy that you want sole right to buy the car back. I only found this out when going through the process and in theory could of lost the car as ERS have no legal obligation to sell back to you. I do feel somewhat guilty that I've made money out of my stupid mistake, but then again that's what insurance is for. I'm sure I'll feel a pinch come the end of the policy but that's neither here nor there. I hope this helps some people who doubt what the policy offers and gives some kind of clarity.

#255 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Owe and I bought an MG for track! Best thing that come from all this. :lol:

#256 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,555 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 17 October 2016 - 10:12 PM

Good to know it all (eventually) works with Henderson Taylor. I think a few people, myself included, will be quite relieved that their policies are worth something. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#257 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 11:57 PM

I didn't realise they were in Swansea. They are opposite one of my offices. Small world.

#258 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:54 AM

Now, my car was agreed at £21,000 and the track day excess was 10% so minus £2100. I was told by ERS that anything over 60% will write the car off, and with the quotes I was getting back this would be the case.

That must have been some damage. 60% by my calculation is £12,600. You could buy a reasonable condition whole VX for that!

Edited by Wolfstone, 18 October 2016 - 08:56 AM.

#259 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:51 PM

Good outcome Stuart from a non believer and I have just renewed. I've valued mine at £13.5k though. You've obviously got far more goodies on the car than I have!

#260 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 03:55 PM

£21,000 does sound high but these cars are hard to value when they're not standard as you never know what buyer is waiting. Where did you get your valuation from?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: insurance, track days, cock rings, badgers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users