Project 77U

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#21 ollie2007

ollie2007

Sir drink a lot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  • Interests:Working on the VX ,alcohol, drunk street fighting with Rudy. life doesn't get much better than that

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:44 AM

Do you mean rule 😀😀 nice looking car, I like to do the odd bit of tinkering with my tubby amazing how many hours it takes, this is the part where Rudy will join in, use it clean it and cherish it, getting rarer by the year. Nice work, are those Fezzas lenses??

#22 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:42 AM

Yes, they're from me. 

Very tidy looking car

#23 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Other essential (but bit boring) jobs that needed completing have been carried out...

Brand new OEM header tank as old one was showing age related hairline cracks and was discoloured. Also replaced temperamental battery for a brand new one.

Big thanks to stevie dubyah for his rear billies as mine were leaking. Collars were also seriously corroded, so replacement shocks have Elisepart alloy collars. These will tie me over nicely until I upgrade to coilovers...
Posted Image

Not essential but whilst upgrading my headlights with HIDs and LEDs, I opted for LED rear number plate lights. Its a cheap mod but makes the car look more modern. Not a great picture but looks looks awesome at night...
Posted Image

#24 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

Other essential (but bit boring) jobs that needed completing have been carried out...

Brand new OEM header tank as old one was showing age related hairline cracks and was discoloured. Also replaced temperamental battery for a brand new one.

Big thanks to stevie dubyah for his rear billies as mine were leaking. Collars were also seriously corroded, so replacement shocks have Elisepart alloy collars. These will tie me over nicely until I upgrade to coilovers...
Posted Image

Not essential but whilst upgrading my headlights with HIDs and LEDs, I opted for LED rear number plate lights. Its a cheap mod but makes the car look more modern. Not a great picture but looks looks awesome at night...
Posted Image

#25 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

Yes, they're from me.    Very tidy looking car

I was blown away with the quality of your lenses, if there's anyone in doubt about these... don't be. Totally transformed my car, arguably the bit that let it down the most previously but now they're like brand new :D

#26 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

Fcuk me, I've only changed a rear bulb in 18 months! Finger out going to fit the gear gate I bought last year...now how do I take the momo gear knob off (cup of tea)...and rest.

Haha! Like your style! :lol:

#27 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Looking good thumbsup So....with Batman round the corner is supercharging next on the list?

He only tries to sell me one every time I see him! One day I will cave... Its on the list but not just yet.

#28 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:01 AM

I was a little bored so tried my hand at a bit of carbon fibre wrapping as my door handles were faded and seen Karl had done a decent job on his...
Posted Image

Also the condition of the 'rattle canned' centre console was shocking. Loads of runs, finger prints and scratches. I bought a nice new ally gear knob off Joe to replace the aftermarket one that was there. Also refurbished the cup holder and forward console too.

Before...
Posted Image
Posted Image

After...
Posted Image

Next jobs: (no particular order)
- Replace heater flexi pipe
- Vocky booked in to replace timing chains and water pump
- Refurbish and tubby up rear lights with new lenses
- Fit carbon fibre goodies when the arrive after UC group buy
- Buy fire extinguisher and fit TAT fire extinguisher bracket
- Remove front clam, fit new OEM grill with carbon fibre grill
- Fit interior centre brace
- Brake fluid change
- Book in for some paint correction

#29 mitm

mitm

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:16 AM

Fcuk me, I've only changed a rear bulb in 18 months! Finger out going to fit the gear gate I bought last year...now how do I take the momo gear knob off (cup of tea)...and rest.

No seriously...before I get the adjustable hammer out, the gear knob feels like something is holding it in place! Tea time.

#30 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:29 AM

No seriously...before I get the adjustable hammer out, the gear knob feels like something is holding it in place! Tea time.

loctite.

Use a rubber strap tool, usually sold to old women to open jam jars: http://www.amazon.co...QSN5QZDMEG0MJCA

#31 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:33 AM

If it's a Momo gear knob, it'll probably be held on with grub screws that are hidden by a collar on the underside of the gear knob. Unscrew the collar to reveal the grub screw(s) and then tiny allen key to undo those.

#32 mitm

mitm

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 11:39 AM

Cheers for the fast responses...didn't even get the kettle on! It feels more like a grub screw as it will almost 1/4 turn then stop. Head torch at the ready, now where's that cake.

#33 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

Timing chains and water pump arrived today... all ready for Vocky to work his magic! Don't you just love parcels arriving for the car... Or is that just me?! :lol:

#34 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:16 PM

Little update... Quite a productive couple of weeks!

Firstly bought a few bits including some anti rattle door pins and a boot carpet as I never had one when I bought the car.

Doesn't look that different but have made a big difference!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 08:23 PM

Engine mounts have been replaced and poly bushes fitted... Car is surprisingly quiet and rattle free at the moment (not sure how long it'll last!)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Fluid on the driveshaft is coolant from changing the water pump!
Posted Image

#36 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 09:47 PM

The big one next... Timing chains. Carried out by Vocky, well known on the forum. It becomes clear why when he gets to work. So knowledgeable and top job done. Very grateful and very pleased, thanks again Neil :D

Both timing chain kits, water pump, tensioner and aux belt changed. All genuine GM parts used. I was surprised to see so many components, Vocky could practically fit these in his sleep!

Posted Image

Knackered aux belt
Posted Image

Leaking old water pump
Posted Image

New chains going in! :D
Posted Image

So glad its been done after seeing the condition of the parts that came out. Even though my engine was quiet without any noise/rattles. Big relief and more than likely was only a matter of time before a major issue occurred.

Edited by r2mlb, 26 April 2015 - 09:57 PM.

#37 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:37 PM

I bought a set of Nitron NTRs last month off Tail Slide after his brother in-law finished breaking his car for him.

Overall they were in great condition, just surface dirt. I've given them a good clean, grease, replaced rubber o rings and had the springs sandblasted and powdercoated.

Really pleased with the end result, with the exception of a re-gas they're nearly as good as new! :D

I was tempted to go for yellow springs but given they are the uprated Eibach springs I decided to keep them red. Probably won't stay looking this good for long! :unsure:

Before
Posted Image
Posted Image

After
Posted Image
Posted Image

#38 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, music and films

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:32 PM

Good work! You are not far from me, im also in MK

#39 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:51 AM

Good work! You are not far from me, im also in MK

Indeed! I do go to MK now and again. Do you ever attend any of the VX meets there?

#40 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, music and films

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:14 AM

Iv only had it 2 months, but I missed the Furzton one as I was away, il keep an eye out for some. Seems to be a fair few around the MK/Bedford/Aylesbury way

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users