#41 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:06 AM

Good work, fellow!

My tensioner exploded when Vocky took it off. He seemed to think it amusing and added it to his "museum of horrors" box.

Scared the sh*t out of me.

#42 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 08:30 PM

Good work, fellow!   My tensioner exploded when Vocky took it off. He seemed to think it amusing and added it to his "museum of horrors" box. Scared the sh*t out of me.  

Thanks Steve. There was a fair bit of "Ooooo..." and "Aaahhh" from Vocky followed by a sharp intake of breath.... The tensioner was knackered but so were the guide rails. I couldn't believe the slack in my chain, even when I started the car Neil couldn't believe how quiet it was, no 'death rattle' so goes to show you never know! I'm looking at doing the toe links, drop links, uprated arb and arb bushes next when fitting my Nitrons followed by a Geo. I saw you're looking at doing something similar, have you decided what to go for?

#43 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 08:52 PM

Fitted my centre brace today after it was sat in a box for months. Mainly because I couldn't figure it out. :unsure:

Only took a few minutes in the end, easy when you know how! Big thanks to oblomov, sutol and oggster for their help in obtaining the instructions! :D
Posted Image

Job list (in no particular order):
- Fit new engine cover release cable
- Fit Elise mirror plinths and spray black
- Spray mirror covers black to match
- Fit Nitron NTRs with uprated Eibach springs, 7/8th Lotus Elise ARB, new toe links, new drop links
- Full Geo set up
- Fit harness bar and black four point harnesses
- Fit Alpine headunit and Vibe V2 Slick 6 speakers
- Fit EP red rear towing eye to diffuser
- Replace coolant and coolant hose for silicon EP tuning with bleed valve
- Remove Opel Speedster grill. Spray paint mesh black and fit Carbon Fibre V Grill
- Fit carbon fibre tubby splitters, door cards, dash plates and tubby ears!
- Remove seats and send off to for harness holes to be fitted
- Paint correction or full respray

I think that's it... Probably missed something :lol:

#44 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:35 PM

A few jobs completed at the weekend...

Eliseparts red tow eye fitted to the TAT diffuser. Finishes it off nicely although not sure I'd I should get another for the other side?
Posted Image

Also replaced my existing pioneer speakers for a pair of Vibe Slick 6 V2 speakers
Posted Image

Finally fitted my harness bar and 4 point harnesses. BTW if anyone thinks you can fit the harnesses bar and harnesses without removing the seats (like me). Top tip... Take your seats out, its a lot easier and on reflection quicker! I had to eat humble pie after Batman "told me so"
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 03:48 PM

If Willans harnesses are anything like Schroth harnesses, those upper buckles should be fitted tight up against the harness bar and the shoulder straps should probably be crossed over behind the seat in the absence of harness holes in the seats to stop them spreading.

#46 Andrew aka Stuwy

Andrew aka Stuwy

Made In England

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,731 posts
  • Interests:most things are intersting

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

erm wrap harnesses without seat cut outs are not a good idea

#47 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 15 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

If Willans harnesses are anything like Schroth harnesses, those upper buckles should be fitted tight up against the harness bar and the shoulder straps should probably be crossed over behind the seat in the absence of harness holes in the seats to stop them spreading.

erm wrap harnesses without seat cut outs are not a good idea

@techie The buckles were right up against the bar but I slackened them off as were rubbing against the seat. I can tighten them up again and look to cross them over. @Stuwy Why's that? Its only temporary as I can't afford to get harness cut outs yet and undecided if I'll change my seats.

#48 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 15 June 2015 - 05:57 PM

@Stuwy Why's that? Its only temporary as I can't afford to get harness cut outs yet and undecided if I'll change my seats.

Stuwy is completely right, with the tops of the harnesses so wide apart, there is a good risk the occupant would simply pop though them. Accidents are very violent and people get twisted about and flung about with high energy. There was a posting many years ago on here where a driver of a VX with the standard 3-point harness managed to fly diagonally out of his seat and knock himself out on the passenger side of the dashboard !!! Remember: Function over fashion !

Edited by Nev, 15 June 2015 - 05:59 PM.

#49 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:50 PM

Little update, received most of my parts from the Ultimate Carbon group buy and got round to fitting them.

Before
Posted Image
After
Posted Image
Before
Posted Image
After
Posted Image
Posted Image

#50 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

Also finally got round to fitting my Elise mirror plinths with Ultimate Carbon wing mirror covers.

One of my favourite tweaks, looks great IMO and provides much better visibility too!

Before...
Posted Image
Better...
Posted Image
Best...
Posted Image

#51 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Finally managed to get my Nitron NTRs fitted. Big thanks to the Batman... Again :)

They cleaned up nice and I had the uprated eibach springs freshly powder coated before fitting. Look great but give it a week and I'm sure they'll look like they did before! :rolleyes:

Next on the agenda is replacing the toe links, drop links, stiffened ARB and hub carrier bolts followed by full Geo.

I am however surprised by the huge improvement already. I was expecting a solid and harsh ride but I'm pleasantly surprised. It feels great :)

Posted Image
Posted Image

#52 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

Its been a while since I updated my project, but focused on the interior recently.

Fitted the remaining goodies following the ultimate carbon group buy :D

Also decided to buy some new seats rather than get harness holes cut out of my existing seats. It was coincidence that Luke Hamlin decided to sell his mint Reverie Mulsanne Bs to make way for his Exige. They just so happened to be my first choice seats!! :wub: They came with runners and fitting kits so made my life nice and easy.

Super lightweight and surprisingly comfortable. I'm really chuffed with them. Also sold my harnesses and fitted some TRS ones from my mate Adam who upgraded to Schroths.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#53 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 05:32 PM

I then fitted my new leather gear and handbrake gaitor from top gaitors. Decided to go black with yellow stitching. Looks great on my new carbon fibre centre console :wub:

I also fitted my carbon fibre forward console and dash plates so all complete. Just wished I'd bought the sills too now :unsure:

Also minor detail but changed the steering wheel centre badge to a plain black with silver vx220

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 andyrob

andyrob

• Pip
  • 120 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 08:42 PM

Love the seats you can never have too much carbon 

#55 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 06 March 2016 - 09:10 PM

Starting to look like Aimy's car.

#56 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

Love the seats you can never have too much carbon 

Thanks, totally agree. Looks even better in the flesh, hard to photograph carbon fibre on a dodgy phone camera! Just wish I bought the carbon sills too :unsure:

#57 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

Starting to look like Aimy's car.

Thanks! I wish... But I'll take that as a compliment! Aimy's car is one of my favourite VXs :wub: Her car is pretty much perfect IMO

#58 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 02:43 PM

Due to lack of funds as I'm saving up for toe links, geo and sc I decided to give my engine bay a facelift.

I bought a couple of polished caps to replace the standard plastic yellow expansion tank and oil caps.

I also got hold of a Z22yh engine cover to replace the standard one of eBay. I gave up trying to polish my old one! I took the coil pack apart removed the Vauxhall Eco plaque and plastic primed and paint yellow. I then made my own replacement plaque from a sheet of carbon fibre and finished with a yellow vx220 vinyl.

I think it looks much fresher, easier to keep clean and looks nice even when the bonnet is shut!

Before
Posted Image
After
Posted Image

#59 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Long overdue update on my project, although managed to buy and do a few bits and pieces...

Firstly finally bought myself an indoor car cover off chez, I've been after one of these for a long time! :)

Posted Image

#60 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Also big thanks to Frosty for coming up with an innovative solution for the exhaust tip thingy

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users