• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

#2 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

I like this kind of thing too. Utter madness. Nobody will buy one, probably taken a group of guys life over for 3 years, it looks just awkward enough to be a kit car, crowded market etc etc. None of that really matters its just good old fashioned British eccentricity at its best.  

#3 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 27 March 2015 - 08:35 PM

Ive got to admit, that is the best looking kit I've ever seen, it looks like a major manufacturer imho! Looks like they got more money than they know what to do, looking at some of those cars on this vid?

#4 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• 13,727 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

He has sold the first one £55k $81k And is now building the second one Apparently has a list of buyers

Edited by CHILL Gone DUTCH, 28 March 2015 - 06:59 AM.

#5 MartinS

MartinS

I only bought it for one summer. 14 years ago and now its gone&#

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,173 posts
  • Interests:Track days
    Pubs
    Sausages

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:09 AM

Great stuff and an amazing set of rally cars scattered around.

Martin S

#6 Potatoes

Potatoes

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:37 AM

I really like this, would love to see these guys do well as the car looks awesome!

#7 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:58 AM

He has sold the first one £55k $81k And is now building the second one Apparently has a list of buyers

That's awesome good luck to them!

#8 james.a

james.a

Proud member of the Northants Pedantic Crew

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,032 posts
  • Interests:Driving Trigger's broom since March 2010

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:20 AM

What a cracking looking car, love the way the guy talks about it. Like scratch building a supercar is as easy as popping down the shop for a pint of milk!

#9 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:49 AM

Interesting choice of engine - its a Toyota 1JZ-GTE found in the Lexus / Toyota Soarer.. Despite being a 2.5L, its supposedly good for ~500bhp as standard (with different turbos' etc.)

And its essentially the same as its slightly bigger brother the 2JZ-GTE (of Supra fame), so they've certain designed it (as he noted) to take big power engines..

#10 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:56 AM

Interior quality doesn't seem to match the rest of it though

#11 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:05 AM

Impressive. Would like to have seen some pictures without the bodywork though.

#12 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:14 AM

search for pics on google and you'll find it looks like an 'all the work done' eBay special

#13 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:34 AM

Its a car built in a shed, modeled on old group B racing cars, with bits of various other cars used to make it work.. Not sure what people are expecting...

The fact that some Youpube channel has chosen to get a "scoop" on this latest supercar doesn't really change that.

#14 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:37 AM

Amazing how a couple of guys can emulate a whole car company with dozens of people working on a new design. I can't imagine the amount of work gone into it.

#15 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:42 AM

If you knew a bit about Ultima, Caterham, Noble etc etc you'd realise they were "out of the shed" designs too, and are consider amazing drivers cars, which would annihilate most production cars. Go and drive one of those and then come back and be disparaging about other peoples efforts. The fact is none of us have driven this guys car, so we simply don't know what it's like, but I suspect it would put most VX's to shame for a start.

Edited by Nev, 28 March 2015 - 10:45 AM.

#16 Rosssco

Rosssco

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,180 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:03 PM

If you knew a bit about Ultima, Caterham, Noble etc etc you'd realise they were "out of the shed" designs too, and are consider amazing drivers cars, which would annihilate most production cars. Go and drive one of those and then come back and be disparaging about other peoples efforts. The fact is none of us have driven this guys car, so we simply don't know what it's like, but I suspect it would put most VX's to shame for a start.

Don't understand your point? And who's being disparaging? The reality is that virtually ALL car / supercar brands started somewhere in a shed.. This means, as per previous comments, they probably won't have comparable build quality to a mass-produced / established manufacturer, or have the level of design and engineering that goes into so many little things.. And people shouldn't expect that. That doesn't mean it isn't a good driving tool, which looks good, as it does..

And in what way would it put "most VX's to shame"..?

#17 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:22 PM

Don't understand your point? And who's being disparaging? The reality is that virtually ALL car / supercar brands started somewhere in a shed.. This means, as per previous comments, they probably won't have comparable build quality to a mass-produced / established manufacturer, or have the level of design and engineering that goes into so many little things.. And people shouldn't expect that. That doesn't mean it isn't a good driving tool, which looks good, as it does..   And in what way would it put "most VX's to shame"..?

I wasn't aiming my comment at you Rosssco. As for putting most VX's to shame, well it does have 100 BHP move than a VXT and 150 BHP more than an NA with what looks like a wider and longer track.

Edited by Nev, 28 March 2015 - 04:29 PM.

#18 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 07:56 PM

Would look better if it didnt have that raised bit at the bottom of the front bumper.

#19 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

I've just bought a shedbuilt car today and its rather good :D

#20 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

atom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users