supercharged vx220

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:06 AM

Thought I would put together a small project thread after browsing though some of my photos of the VX after finally buying one in January this year! Love reading through everyone else's projects and nice to keep documentation of all the mods/tweaks.

Update 1 - Picking up the car after Joe & Vocky supercharger conversion and engine rebuild (thanks again fellas!).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update 2 - New custom made carbon cover for expansion tank

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update 3 - TD 1.2's, Federal RSR's, new beesting aerial fitted and first clean

Posted Image

Posted Image

Update 4 - Interior stripped ready for carbon dipping. Interior was showing signs of age and had a few scuffs and marks, couldn't justify the cost of real carbon so decided to have it all stripped and dipped!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:09 AM

Update 5 - New plugs, coilpack and obligatory Supercharged EcoTec badge!

Posted Image

Posted Image

#3 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:16 AM

Update 6 - Fitting harness bar ready for harnesses to be used for any track work and offered up the Corbeau Le-Pro seats to check fitting and subframe mounting. Also swapped out the old cardboard speakers for something more modern whilst I was there...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:23 AM

Update 7 - Final fitting of seat to Elise subframe and harness fitted. Also cheeky picture of both the VX & Evo - real chalk and cheese.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:15 PM

Looking good mate... Remember seeing it at Joe's, really nice example and only further improved with the mods. Good work!

#6 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:47 PM

Looking good mate... Remember seeing it at Joe's, really nice example and only further improved with the mods. Good work!

Cheers, it is all slowly coming together now - off to Courtney's for final map soon.

#7 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 04:52 PM

Update 8 - Interior trim back and refitted with new suede gear and handbrake gators.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:47 PM

Really like the interior, are the seats comfortable and how did you change the colour of the interior plastics?

#9 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Really like the interior, are the seats comfortable and how did you change the colour of the interior plastics?

Interior is hydro dipped, more info here: http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/ Yes, seats are much more comfy in my opinion. Also much prefer fabric seats to leather and I needed cut outs for harnesses so ticked all boxes for me. You will need to modify subframes or get a pair of elise subframes to fit properly though.

#10 Krusty

Krusty

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

Wicked coatings must be getting good at dipping vx panels as they did mine about 2 years ago 😊 Must say very pleased with it

#11 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Wicked coatings must be getting good at dipping vx panels as they did mine about 2 years ago 😊 Must say very pleased with it

Yeah, they did a great job of mine too - great improvement on basic old scuffed up silver plastics. 

#12 gaffer1986

gaffer1986

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,408 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 01:03 AM

Interior is hydro dipped, more info here: http://www.wickedcoatings.co.uk/ Yes, seats are much more comfy in my opinion. Also much prefer fabric seats to leather and I needed cut outs for harnesses so ticked all boxes for me. You will need to modify subframes or get a pair of elise subframes to fit properly though.

Thanks for your reply, I will look into wicked coatings. I want some comfy seats but would like to sit in some first, shame we don't seem to have motor factors anymore, all of them in my town closed apart from Halfords.

#13 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:30 PM

Update 9 - Window surround, grill and V painted black - never liked the silver.

Posted Image

#14 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:35 PM

Update 10 - Pre-cat removed, grief job but hopefully help when on the rollers in a couple of weeks at Courtney's for final map. New stainless fixings for exhaust and undertray whilst we were there too.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 05:58 PM

Looking good mate thumbsup Definately better with the black and red theme. I'd have had the tunnel dipped whilst I was getting the console done tho :) Done a good job on that though - what was the cost compared to buying a new carbon console etc ?

#16 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:33 PM

how much were the seats? 

#17 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:48 PM

Looking good mate thumbsup Definately better with the black and red theme. I'd have had the tunnel dipped whilst I was getting the console done tho :) Done a good job on that though - what was the cost compared to buying a new carbon console etc ?

Yeah, I did think that but didn't want to over do the carbon! Total was around £250 all in for all the dash parts I gave them. When you think that is the cost of the just the carbon console on it's own I couldn't justify it. Real carbon is nice but I'm more than happy with the finish and more money towards other more worthwhile mods!!

#18 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 07:49 PM

how much were the seats? 

£800ish for the pair new.

#19 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:38 PM

Yeah, I did think that but didn't want to over do the carbon! Total was around £250 all in for all the dash parts I gave them. When you think that is the cost of the just the carbon console on it's own I couldn't justify it. Real carbon is nice but I'm more than happy with the finish and more money towards other more worthwhile mods!!
You can never overdo the carbon :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: supercharged, vx220

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users