• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 garyk220

garyk220

VX parts all sold, saving for replacement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 06 May 2003 - 10:14 PM

Following on from the post about a rolling road day, it would be useful to investigate the effects of various tuning options on noise levels. Particularly with track day organisers tightening the limits. Something along the lines of static outputs for; - standard - induction kit - Vxl sports exhaust - Regal full exhaust system - pre-cat removed Anyone got access to a noise meter? or do they already have one at AMD Thorney? If so, you could take advantage of having a few different models together in one place. Failing that, can someone post the measuring process used by track day organisers - revs, distance and angle of measurement - and I'll get a few measurements done with the BMC induction kit. Once I've had the sports exhaust fitted, I'll measure the difference. Assuming it's still within the limits :unsure: removing the pre-cat is next on the list. A database of the effects of each may be useful for others considering mods, but worried about exceeding track day limits. No point everyone wasting money on the same mods! Gary

#2 R1 nur

R1 nur

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts
  • Interests:Aerobatics, Cars, Bikes, Birds, having fun.

Posted 06 May 2003 - 11:41 PM

Great idea!

#3 paulb

paulb

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts
  • Interests:Driving, wildlife photography, travel

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:50 AM

I'm aiming to hire bookatrack's noise meter for the Nomties run so we can get as many together as possible with different mods and publish the results on here. Paul

#4 Thorney

Thorney

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,404 posts
  • Interests:Global domination.

Fluffy bunny rabbits.

Posted 07 May 2003 - 07:59 AM

Once we get a bit of revenue I'll be buying a noise meter (£40 from Demon Tweaks). The process for measurement is 75% of max throttle (say 4500) with measurement taken 12 inches from the exhaust at a 40 degree angle (I think).

#5 iandhd

iandhd

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 01:14 PM

It's a good idea, I'll be there for the RR day. We just need to make sure we collect the same set of data (recorded under the same conditions)

#6 TheRockstar

TheRockstar

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 675 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:19 PM

I can borrow one from work for the RR day (theres a few of em around here....) Lemme know. Nick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users