Na Engine Mounts > Moody Copies Or Ok?

na engine mounts mounts for sale

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts
  • Interests:All things fast and powered by petrol!

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

What do you all reckon? Moody copies or a 'genuine' part? If the former can you please steer me toward a reasonably priced supplier of OEM. Cheers in advance. B :-)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item43db4004cf

#2 Ali87

Ali87

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

http://www.autovaux....gine-mount.aspx I got the £32.46 ones from here, very happy with it

#3 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 11:52 PM

£70 for standard ones or £140 for these and never replace them again

https://www.elisepar...-engine-mounts/

#4 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:32 AM

£70 for standard ones or £140 for these and never replace them again   https://www.elisepar...-engine-mounts/

It is tempting to go for the Vibra Technics (they've been on my radar for a while and like the idea of not 'revisiting' this task). I'm assuming the ''competition" mounts to be a little stiffer than the "road spec". Whilst I drive reasonably 'hard' on the road, track days are only once in a blue moon. What do you recommend for me, "competition" or "road spec"? Cheers in advance.

#5 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 10:45 AM

£70 for standard ones or £140 for these and never replace them again   https://www.elisepar...-engine-mounts/

It is tempting to go for the Vibra Technics (they've been on my radar for a while and like the idea of not 'revisiting' this task). I'm assuming the ''competition" mounts to be a little stiffer than the "road spec". Whilst I drive reasonably 'hard' on the road, track days are only once in a blue moon. What do you recommend for me, "competition" or "road spec"? Cheers in advance.

I have road spec in the race car and they are fine. Been in for two and a half years. You may find that you get unwanted vibration with the competition ones.

#6 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

Good call! I'll have a think about it. From posts on here can be a PITA to fit!

Edited by Benzola, 11 June 2015 - 12:46 PM.

#7 slindborg

slindborg

The Bishop of Stortford

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,602 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:45 PM

is that £110 per side?!?!?!

Given how easy the job it, I'd treat the OEM (or copy, which aren't that bad unless you drive like an ass) mounts as part of the annual service :lol:

#8 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:48 PM

I have road spec in the race car and they are fine. Been in for two and a half years.

I've had a pair of road spec mounts sat in a box in the garage for 4 years. Haven't had a problem with them. :D

#9 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:49 PM

is that £110 per side?!?!?!   Given how easy the job it, I'd treat the OEM (or copy, which aren't that bad unless you drive like an ass) mounts as part of the annual service :lol:

Price for the pair. Having read up here I'll swap out for OEM (L and R + polly inserts B and F) and closely monitor. Really can't be dealing with custom bushes etc. for a snug Vibra Tech fit.... Thanks for the tips folks!

#10 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:51 PM

Price for the pair.

No. That's each.

#11 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 12:53 PM

Price for the pair.

No. That's each.
S**t the bed! That's my mind made up then. OEM it is (as just lashed out a bundle on a total brake system overhaul)! This time next year Rodder's.... Hahaha.

#12 scw02102

scw02102

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 06:06 PM

After my thread snapped on mine I wouldnt buy cheap alternatives I bought mine recently from Courtney Sport and they were pretty cheap Think I also read on here someone had the Vibra Technics and didnt recommend

#13 Benzola

Benzola

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 11 June 2015 - 09:25 PM

After my thread snapped on mine I wouldnt buy cheap alternatives I bought mine recently from Courtney Sport and they were pretty cheap Think I also read on here someone had the Vibra Technics and didnt recommend

Just ordered. As always, good place to be for reassurance. Gonna do the whole lot with poly inserts whilst under there and the weather is fine! Cheers folks. B :-)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: na, engine mounts, mounts, for sale

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users