Rabiata Red Na Fs: Gx52 Dzy 135K

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#21 vauxhallade

vauxhallade

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:02 PM

Don't be in a panic to sell. This is not the best medium to sell on. Try Piston heads if the ebay thing doesn't  work. This site is helpful for problems with the cars

Some very helpful folks on here. But selling I would give it a wide berth unless a Dealer. On Piston heads people can email you and it doesn't get personal.

Only my opinion. I have sold a few cars. Hope this helps?

#22 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:22 PM

..but not at £7k...what is the minimum you will accept considering its only 1 day to go...   pm,d as requested....but these type of questions if put on ebay would be open to the public anyway, so no difference really   HH

You really don't understand eBay do you Harry? It's pretty simple...see an item you want to buy, bid what you want to pay. Win or don't win depending on what other people want to pay. Struggling with that? Oh, and seller decides if questions and answers are displayed on listing. PS. Do not post in my for sale thread, when it comes.

Edited by Foxy, 27 June 2015 - 05:25 PM.

#23 Dollon

Dollon

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:31 PM

Don't be in a panic to sell. This is not the best medium to sell on. Try Piston heads if the ebay thing doesn't  work. This site is helpful for problems with the cars Some very helpful folks on here. But selling I would give it a wide berth unless a Dealer. On Piston heads people can email you and it doesn't get personal. Only my opinion. I have sold a few cars. Hope this helps?  

Thanks for your input. I thoroughly agree. Buying and modifying and help this is top notch. But come selling time unless your car is mint and under 30k people seem to slate it. That or be in regular attendance at meets. I don't think ill let it go for such a low amount. £7k is low anyway

#24 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 05:52 PM

134k miles is high an price will reflect that !

#25 Dollon

Dollon

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

134k miles is high an price will reflect that !

134 miles is average for any 13 year old car. Its high because these cars are mainly second cars or weekend cars and not used as much. I agree its higher than nearly all vx's out there

#26 nyssa7

nyssa7

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:35 PM

Surely simple fact is that most people on here already have a VX, so not the best place to sell one unless it's more special than the ones most people have?

#27 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 06:48 PM

..but not at £7k...what is the minimum you will accept considering its only 1 day to go...   pm,d as requested....but these type of questions if put on ebay would be open to the public anyway, so no difference really   HH

You really don't understand eBay do you Harry? It's pretty simple...see an item you want to buy, bid what you want to pay. Win or don't win depending on what other people want to pay. Struggling with that? Oh, and seller decides if questions and answers are displayed on listing. PS. Do not post in my for sale thread, when it comes.

No i really dont understand ebay, not when the seller wishes a higher price then what is currently being bid,  my worry is where an item is underpriced / under bid, then my question is can a seller refuse to sell and/or cause a last minute influx by bidding against himself and causing a price increase...I have heard of these things happening

Normally I believe there is a reserve, in this case there isnt, and considering initially £7.5 was asked then £7k, now its an open ebay auction with no reserve.......

and yes I always thought Q&A's were open to public knowledge to help all bidders, silly me

..no I wont trouble you on your sale thread, no problem.....it will probably be over what I would wish to pay.... :)

nb: I have enquired offline about what the lowest price would be accepted, which is allowed I believe for the seller to take of ebay.... my problem as I have pointed out to the seller that the North East is along way to go look at the car...

HH...not use to these techinical things..think I will go and speak to Gordon....

#28 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:11 PM

Surely simple fact is that most people on here already have a VX, so not the best place to sell one unless it's more special than the ones most people have?

This is a good place to advertise the forum, as people buy from members ! Your not that well known so do some research .

#29 chez

chez

• PipPip
  • 478 posts
  • Interests:Cars, music, DJing, football, cricket, golf....... The stars

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:09 PM

As far as I can see, he is being honest with his descriptions, isn't it up to the seller how much he wants to sell it for? If it doesn't sell then he will have to adjust the price but a full re-spray isn't to be sniffed at, not cheap, as I am finding out, someone can put a new engine in it if it pops, you here people in here saying these engines can take a lot, including mileage as it's in a car that weighs nothing bla bla bla, then as soon as someone tries to sell one they get slated!!!! Non cat car on 135k, it's done well, and got more left in it..... Some of you talk these cars down so much I wonder why you own a VX in the first place!!!! If he gets 7k then that is good news for the rest of us surely? Also, the op has put a lot of time and money into the car and brought it back up to a standard, we should be encouraging his sale as surely he deserves to get something back?

Edited by chez, 27 June 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#30 Dollon

Dollon

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 08:50 PM

As far as I can see, he is being honest with his descriptions, isn't it up to the seller how much he wants to sell it for? If it doesn't sell then he will have to adjust the price but a full re-spray isn't to be sniffed at, not cheap, as I am finding out, someone can put a new engine in it if it pops, you here people in here saying these engines can take a lot, including mileage as it's in a car that weighs nothing bla bla bla, then as soon as someone tries to sell one they get slated!!!! Non cat car on 135k, it's done well, and got more left in it..... Some of you talk these cars down so much I wonder why you own a VX in the first place!!!! If he gets 7k then that is good news for the rest of us surely? Also, the op has put a lot of time and money into the car and brought it back up to a standard, we should be encouraging his sale as surely he deserves to get something back?

Thank you for your input. I have also spoken to the above member via pms and have given him as much information as I am able to give. As he says the price he would offer foes not warrant his travelling this distance to view a car he may not want. And something is only worth what the highest bidder is willing to pay. Unless you consider breaking the car for parts

#31 Rudy

Rudy

ZZZzzzzz.....

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,375 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:18 PM

For sale threads should be locked. Good luck with your sale Dollon, it's worth your asking price in spares.

#32 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 27 June 2015 - 09:53 PM

Looks a nice clean car Just can't get past that rear suspension set up regardless of what you have been told that is not right and my first suspicion is turbo springs

#33 nyssa7

nyssa7

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 10:16 PM

This is a good place to advertise the forum, as people buy from members ! Your not that well known so do some research .

I should think I'm not at all known on here😀 but I have placed a deposit with a forum member today 😀😀 I did bid on this red one, it's a great colour, but also a long way for me to go to view, and I don't know anyone who lives nearby to it. To be honest, it does look like it rides high, but if I hadn't bought another one today, I was considering a higher bid very late on depending where it got to Judging by the number of cars which have been up for sale for quite a time, some of which look to be pretty nice, not sure if that means the market in general is not good, or prices are too high?

#34 nyssa7

nyssa7

• Pip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

Ooh, looks like someone did get a bargain

Edited by nyssa7, 28 June 2015 - 10:36 PM.

#35 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:32 AM

Quite a bit off the 7k sadly

#36 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 09:34 AM

That's very cheap!

I'm guessing Harry bought it - if he didn't he's all talk...

...don't be surprised to see it relisted :)

#37 Dollon

Dollon

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:21 AM

That's very cheap!   I'm guessing Harry bought it - if he didn't he's all talk...   ...don't be surprised to see it relisted :)

He didn't buy it

#38 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:34 AM

That's very cheap!

I'm guessing Harry bought it - if he didn't he's all talk...

...don't be surprised to see it relisted :)

No you are wrong, i didnt buy it.........but yes you are correct.....Im just a keyboard warrior......... wtf.   :)

I hope seller got his price..and the buyer got his bargain...and the world is a happy place to live in...

HH

#39 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

Strange. Why didn't you buy it?

#40 Dollon

Dollon

• Pip
  • 206 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:56 PM

Car is now listed on pistonheads due to complications, prepared to take an offer as I need shifted before the 14th

http://www.pistonhea...ar-6995/4381875

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users