21 replies to this topic

#21 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 12 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

How did you get on with the box in the end?

He means the gear box Robin :lol:

#22 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:41 AM

The gearbox in our 140i is amazing. its the 8 speed ZF box that goes in everything these days. lovely and smooth in comfort, brutal in sport and mental in sport+

I love the 'box.  It's very similar.  Smooth in normal mode and very aggressive in Race mode, there is a happy medium in sport, however in auto the car hangs on to the gears way too long so always end up driving it in manual mode.  For all the reviews about how the EDC 'box "ruins the involvement in a hot hatch" I personally think it is a fantastic addition.  For me, a hot hatch should be drivable every day in every condition, not just for a hoon on a B road and the novelty of having a paddle shift is not going to wear off for me.  I find it really interesting that this is a never a complaint from the journalists when it comes to Porsche or Audi etc...  Guess they needed to find something to give Peugeot the spotlight for a little while at least!  Apparently the 'box is completely revised for the facelifted model (and for the trophy) and they have shortened the action on the paddles too, so I'm looking forward to finding out.  But all in all to answer your question, love the 'box and the car :)

He means the gear box Robin :lol:

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users