Jaguar F-Type R - Mind Blown...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:51 PM

For those of you that don't already know, my brother and I run a small sports car hire company. We have 3 of our own cars that we hire and a car that we hire on behalf of a third party. The car we hire for him is a 14 plate Jaguar F Type R. I have had the privalidge of using the car this weekend. First impressions is that the car looks very aggressive and much more purposeful than the V6 version. Once you're sat inside you realise just how big the car is, it's huge!! This is a little unnerving at first especially when it's not yours... But you soon get used to its size and how to position it on the road. Once I became familiar with all the space age toys and controls I quickly became aware of what this car is capable of. it is sensational! The torque and power from the 5.0L supercharged V8 is biblical! I've been in many "quick" cars and never been that impressed when comparing them to the VX but the jag leaves you speechless! Once the huge rear tyres are wanted up and the car is in race mode it can really handle too, not as much feel in the steering as you get in a VX but the chassis is so stiff and the suspension eats up the bumps. Traction control allows rather a lot of slip and getting sideways is probably a bit too easy! I don't think rear tyres will last long! My only gripe would be the entertainment system, looks very fancy but it's touch screen which I find to be distracting and difficult to use. They would have been better with BMW's iDrive system. Once you're done having fun and it all becomes a bit much you put it in full automatic and turn the button off that opens the valves on the exhaust and it becomes a comfortable quiet GT car, it's such a strong all rounder. If you have 70k to spend on a super car I can't imagine another car that would get any where near this, it's on another level, I didn't know cars could go this fast haha! I fear I may hire it more than our customers lol!

Edited by Andy_VX, 19 June 2015 - 11:53 PM.

#2 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

Pic

Edited by Andy_VX, 19 June 2015 - 11:57 PM.

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 20 June 2015 - 04:51 AM

Tut tut, everyone should know by now that having usable power in a car is useless/dangerous/boring, you should not be purporting such things! ;) Seriously though, I have to say those S/C'ed Jags appeal to me too, if I were more grown up and didn't have a VX I'd be sorely tempted by one.

Edited by Nev, 20 June 2015 - 04:54 AM.

#4 The Knobs

The Knobs

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 20 June 2015 - 06:35 AM

Pity Timbo wont be at the national in his Coupe R. It obviously wasnt quick enough for him so it has been tuned already, no surprise there then :D Nationals arent the same without him there going sideways everywhere

Edited by The Knobs, 20 June 2015 - 06:37 AM.

#5 Timbo

Timbo

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,539 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:13 PM

I agree with Andy, i obviously would lol

The car is awesome in everyway, especially with nearly 590bhp :tt:

#6 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:46 PM

Now i need more power in the VX!  thumbsdown  :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users