Long Shot / Swap!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Curtiscraddock

Curtiscraddock

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 July 2015 - 09:13 PM

Long shot! VX220 swap I originally had a yellow vx220 and loved it to bits but unfortunately i wrote it off whilst accidently killing a deer... A few months later i bought a blue vx220 with very similar spec and it is great and i really enjoy it - however - it isnt yellow lol! So just wondering if someone with a similar spec but in yellow, would be up for a trade (i know this is very very unlikely) Spec as follows; Europa blue NA with hardtop Biscuit interior :D HPI clear 61,000 miles FSH Very good condition Just serviced New plugs, filter and oil change New pagid discs and pads all round New engine mount Powerflex engine mount insert New droplinks New trackrod ends New full universal joint Rear NA wheels on the front New tyres all round Recent tracking MMG diffuser Faultless cooling system Turbo front splitters Full tank of fuel! Also have a turbo wheelset if that can help sweeten the deal

#2 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:06 AM

Wrap it yellow

#3 AlexHillTVR

AlexHillTVR

• Pip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Running, Mountain Biking, Photography, Guitar

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:34 AM

Damn I wanted a blue one! Will trade you silver haha

#4 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:08 AM

Respray

#5 Curtiscraddock

Curtiscraddock

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 03:08 PM

Might look into wrapping it, and i wont be able to afford a respray :( And unfortunately i prefer blue to silver lol

#6 VegyBS

VegyBS

• Pip
  • 183 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

Plastidip, cheaper than wrapping and doesn't require a DVLA change either, is far less likely to damage paint upon removal and lasts just as long.

I had a few £700 quotes for my VX for a full plastidipping.

Edited by VegyBS, 27 July 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#7 Phear

Phear

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 06:06 PM

I have a yellow S/C that will be up for sale soon if I can interest you in an upgrade?

#8 Curtiscraddock

Curtiscraddock

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

I have a yellow S/C that will be up for sale soon if I can interest you in an upgrade?

Details? :) And part ex available lol?

#9 Phear

Phear

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:45 PM

There's a long story to this car. It used to belong to a member by the name of Luke. Duncan was doing an Audi conversion on it when Luke ran out of money, he sold the Audi engine and gearbox and I bought the car without Engine, Gearbox and most of the ancillaries. [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Its a non CAT MY2000 car with 60 something on the clock.[/color] [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Its probably a few weeks from being done and MOT'd. Since I got it I've fitted my old VX engine (34k miles) a gearbox from an Astra (confirmed 70k miles), a S/C from the US with small in ear charge cooler and the remainder of the bits from where I could scrounge them (with some new bits, like drive-shaft, engine mount, clutch, brake discs, chain kit, all [/color]fluids[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]). I've also given it a blow-over so the paintwork is good. Its got carbon wrapped Tubby ears, carbon wrapped wing mirrors with elise plinths, black window surround and will have black wheels and fuel cap when I've finished it. I've also spruced up the interior with carpets, alcantara, platidip and carbon wrap. I also refurbed the suspension and painted the calipers. Otherwise its pretty standard.[/color]

Happy to discuss Part Ex, also happy to look at transferring any bits from your current one you want to keep (like diffuser). Drop me a PM if your interested, as I say its not something you can drive away now, but if you're not in a hurry then happy to discuss.

#10 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 07:40 PM

There's a long story to this car. It used to belong to a member by the name of Luke.

That's what happened to Luke. car! :lol:

#11 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:13 AM

Sell the blue one.

Buy a yellow one.

#12 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 29 July 2015 - 07:54 AM

Sell the blue one.

Buy a yellow one.

:yeahthat:

Swapsies are going to end in tears.

#13 Curtiscraddock

Curtiscraddock

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 11:53 AM

Sell the blue one.   Buy a yellow one.

:yeahthat:   Swapsies are going to end in tears.
Yes that is the overall plan to be honest. However i know that a lot of people are in my position and have ended up with there non gavourite colour lol. Still, a vx is a vx still :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users