seats

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#41 jinxy220

jinxy220

• Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 03:58 PM

Thats what iv got, so i should be alright then. Will have to see if i can get a sit in one at some point. Are they alot better than the standard seats, and worth the cash?

I think so, I couldn't find a better seat for the money - all the other alternatives are very expensive.

Will be at Llandow Circuit this Saturday if you fancy a drive down and a look!

#42 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,969 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

When I went to try them out, they felt exactly the same as the standard seats, size wise but with an annoying amount of padding at the front under the thighs.

#43 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts
  • Interests:Cars, motorsport, music and films

Posted 20 August 2015 - 05:17 PM

Thats what iv got, so i should be alright then. Will have to see if i can get a sit in one at some point. Are they alot better than the standard seats, and worth the cash?

I think so, I couldn't find a better seat for the money - all the other alternatives are very expensive.   Will be at Llandow Circuit this Saturday if you fancy a drive down and a look!
Im in Spa this weekend im afraid, but sort something out at some point.

#44 leevx2.2

leevx2.2

Turbo's are for girls and throttle bodies are too slow

• 4,830 posts
  • Interests:Taking apart vx220s for fun
    getting p!!sed
    genraly playing with large power tools

Posted 20 August 2015 - 07:12 PM

I'd love a weekend with one of those bad boys. :ninja:

There's always reveries, tillets etc

i would lend you one of mine if you made it worth my time ;-)

#45 VXT Tim

VXT Tim

No it's not a Lamborghini!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,428 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 09:36 PM

When I went to try them out, they felt exactly the same as the standard seats, size wise but with an annoying amount of padding at the front under the thighs.

After reading that and looking back at the picture, the ass pocket does look very low compared to the thigh support :blink:

#46 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 06:41 AM

Everyone is different though, shapes of people and leg length etc is different, and what one person finds comfy, the next person does not. If you work in an office with adjustable chairs, just go and sit in a few, or worse, swap them for your one, everyone sits slightly differently.

#47 Acidpopstar

Acidpopstar

Scary Internerd

• 3,575 posts
  • Interests:Playing and teaching guitar / driving

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

:yeahthat:

If you can, go to somewhere like Demon Tweaks and spend an afternoon sitting in as many as possible. Trust in your arse  :D

#48 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

If anyone can talk Bllx, I can!💣

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts
  • Interests:MTB, VX220, oh & cars, golf, sarcasm with humour!

Posted 21 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

Damn you .org, never thought about buying after market seats? Come on someone please put some logic to this, new after market or re-cover? Hope it's still on-topic?

#49 D-DAWG83

D-DAWG83

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,277 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 04:41 AM

:yeahthat:   If you can, go to somewhere like Demon Tweaks and spend an afternoon sitting in as many as possible. Trust in your arse  :D

Trouble is, unless you sit in the seat in the car, you dont know how high it sits and what your legs are doing with the steering wheel.

#50 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 10:00 AM

I like the Probax and have a mongrel pair of seats in mine now because I wanted a harness on the drivers side and comfort on passenger. Oddly in the car it doesn't look out of place at all, the leather and stitching colours are the same though I'm toying with the idea of dying the lettering black.

Jon Betts bar gives room for speakers and I can get the roof onto the shelf, which is tricky with the more raked Tilletts and Reveries.

Interestingly I spoke to corbeau who told me the seat pictured above in the thread is based on the probax mold and the cushions are interchangeable???

Posted Image

#51 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:25 PM

I like the Probax and have a mongrel pair of seats in mine now because I wanted a harness on the drivers side and comfort on passenger. Oddly in the car it doesn't look out of place at all, the leather and stitching colours are the same though I'm toying with the idea of dying the lettering black.

Jon Betts bar gives room for speakers and I can get the roof onto the shelf, which is tricky with the more raked Tilletts and Reveries.

Interestingly I spoke to corbeau who told me the seat pictured above in the thread is based on the probax mold and the cushions are interchangeable???

Posted Image

That's good looking upholstery on the std, what's the covering, leather, more padding, surely not DTT?

#52 pete-r

pete-r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:55 PM

No both are probax OEM (its not VX seat). I swapped my VX seats for an elise pair, then got the single type72 and recently sold my extra seat on. Yes leather.

Edited by pete-r, 22 August 2015 - 09:55 PM.

#53 RabnaKS

RabnaKS

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,717 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 09:31 AM

Cheers Pete, I really though it was VX OEM? A great option if we don't intend getting a harness?

#54 Luke84

Luke84

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 02:49 PM

Been happy with my Reverie Mulsanne B's, fit isn't for everyone but i find they offer plenty support and are fine on long trips.

Whenever i get back into a vx with a standard seat its feels like im perched atop a big cushion!

Posted Image

#55 pete-r

pete-r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 07:31 PM

Cheers Pete, I really though it was VX OEM? A great option if we don't intend getting a harness?

Without a harness I think they are a great way to go. They are easy to get with people trading to carbon, easy to shift on later, and fitted my frames with only slight jiggling, I'd try out a few options, but I did a Euro trip in some a few years back so I knew they were comfy for me.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: seats

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users