do these dent the wishbones on the chassis

#23 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 01:42 PM

do these dent the wishbones on the chassis

No lol, that issue was solved with correct damper length.

#24 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:23 PM

Have Nitron finally addressed the major issue to fitting adjustable bump stops so that the rear wishbones don't foul the chassis and bend? This is a critical failure point on both set of Nitrons I have had. They are good dampers as far as I can tell, yet the bump stop issue has not been addressed on mine...

Edited by Nev, 30 October 2015 - 07:27 PM.

#25 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 07:26 PM

Have Nitron finally addressed the major issue to fitting adjustable bump stops so that the rear wishbones don't foul the chassis and bend? This is a critical failure point on both set of Nitrons I have had. They are good dampers as far as I can tell, yet the bump stop issue has not been addressed on mine...

It was linked in with the wrong damper length and was solved with the correct damper open/close lengths

#26 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

Next question, can I have an old set of dampers refurbished to this spec (assuming development goes well and so on)

#27 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Next question, can I have an old set of dampers refurbished to this spec (assuming development goes well and so on)

No reason why not.

#28 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 12:45 PM

No reason why not.

Great, i'll follow with interest.

#29 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:39 PM

:wub:

#30 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 02 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

Any improvements for front ntr40, mine going in for a service

#31 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

New valving in both front and rear. But still testing.

#32 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 03:43 PM

Hmmmmm, tricky one. I think those names are slightly unhelpful because internally the damper is the same on both of those, just spring rates are different. 

The 'Clubsport' I have told Nitron to offer more like EP do with the Quantums, where you spec the spring rates for the customers car/setup/requirements.

They will probably have some set rates for road/track but in essence they will be custom for the customer (or rather they will be through me, I think Nitron should do the same).

New valving in both front and rear. But still testing.

Ah, your first answer there was a bit misleading, as that only mentioned bespoke spring rates, but these Clubsports will have a different valving approach for our cars than the "normal NTR40's"?

#33 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 05:58 PM

Sorry my fault. Nitron currently sell a 'fast Road' ntr40 and a 'track day' ntr40. What I was trying to say is that the only difference between those two was spring rates. The new 'Club sport' ntr40 will have all new valving at minimum to achieve the required performance and custom spring rates. This will be the damper to have in the Nitron range for track or race cars imo. Matt

#34 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:02 PM

Matt, when developed how do you expect these dampers to compare with the quantum black? More specifically, what weakness of the quantum's are you looking to address? I assume the price point will be similar with similar target market?

#35 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 10:23 PM

Matt, when developed how do you expect these dampers to compare with the quantum black? More specifically, what weakness of the quantum's are you looking to address? I assume the price point will be similar with similar target market?

The NTR40 hasnt changed in 10-15 years apart from some simple valving tweaks in the earlier days, or one off specifics like Randy's spec. They were the best damper available when released, that was down to the quality and massive performance increase they gave, but also because pf the very limited other options if you didn't want to spend serious money on custom Ohlins etc. Other manufacturers have come up with new designed and have developing and perfecting the product over the last 10 years. I am trying to work with Nitron to develop the known product to get the performance comparable with the Quantum's etc. If we achieve that I will sell them, if we do really well they will be better.

No weakness or issues to fix, the Quantums are the best I have fitted on road, trackday and race. I have fitted probably 50+sets of Quantums over the last 2 1/2 years. When we talk about what is best for their car/use, normally they are where we end up. Just trying to bring another option to the VX/Lotus chassis that is comparable so people have choice. 

Price point will be very similar yes, but not more.

Matt

#36 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 02 November 2015 - 11:50 PM

Thanks Matt, sounds like a good plan. The quality of my NSS has been excellent so a more track focused option comparable or better than the quantum's will be a great addition to the market. Will be watching with interest.

#37 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 01:33 PM

The NTR40 hasnt changed in 10-15 years apart from some simple valving tweaks in the earlier days, or one off specifics like Randy's spec. They were the best damper available when released, that was down to the quality and massive performance increase they gave, but also because pf the very limited other options if you didn't want to spend serious money on custom Ohlins etc. Other manufacturers have come up with new designed and have developing and perfecting the product over the last 10 years. I am trying to work with Nitron to develop the known product to get the performance comparable with the Quantum's etc. If we achieve that I will sell them, if we do really well they will be better.

No weakness or issues to fix, the Quantums are the best I have fitted on road, trackday and race. I have fitted probably 50+sets of Quantums over the last 2 1/2 years. When we talk about what is best for their car/use, normally they are where we end up. Just trying to bring another option to the VX/Lotus chassis that is comparable so people have choice. 

Price point will be very similar yes, but not more.

Matt

And Cornering Force spec, which i have and have always been very happy with.

It is time for a refurb though and the bordom of having to go through all the options again.

#38 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 10:49 PM

If this turns out successfully, when do you plan to start selling them? 

I'm gonna buy new suspension soon and it's leaning towards Quantum but this sounds interesting too.

#39 Matthew Bentley Racing Ltd

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:10 AM

Hopefully testing finished at the end of January.

#40 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:07 AM

Another group buy..? :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nitron, ntr40, dampers, testing

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users