Logitech G29 Racing Wheel

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 08 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

I've been playing Project Cars a lot more recently and have decided it would be a lot better with a wheel! I've been looking at the Logitech G29 with pedals, does anyone own one or have any experience with it? I'd be interested to hear some feedback. Also, i'm pretty limited on space so was interested to know how the wheel mounts? 

#2 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 08 November 2015 - 11:31 PM

pc xbox or ps? 

if you are on the pc i would look at the tx300 from thrustmaster, failing that get a g27 as the g29 uses all the same gears and internals but costs a sh*t tonne more.

#3 steve-m-uk

steve-m-uk

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 04:56 PM

I have a g27 i'd be willing to sell, very rarely use it nowadays.

#4 GaryK

GaryK

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 05:26 PM

I have a few spare wheels I don't use. I have a barely used Thrustmaster T300 I could sell for £200 delivered. Alternatively, I have a modded Logitech G25 for £175 delivered:

Wheel: Unmodified.

I also have a WheelStandPro I could chuck in for £50 then you'd be ready to go. It has some extra drill holes on the mounting plate as it's been used with various wheels, but is fine otherwise.

I also have a Fanatec CSR Forza for £80 but it doesn't have pedals and IMHO is not particularly great.

#5 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:03 PM

Sorry, I've only just read all of the replies, I had read that the G27 is very similar but I was led to believe this isn't compatible with the PS4. I had a sh*t day at work yesterday so I went out and bought the Logitech G29 to cheer me up! :D

At first i wasn't impressed, but after some research online I managed to tweak the settings and i'm pleased with it now! I've just bought a stand for it too because it's not much good unless it's mounted properly! The pedals are very impressive, they feel so realistic, especially the brakes. I got it for a good price from Currys that currently have £50 off. 

It should keep me entertained over winter and get me ready for Spa in 2016!  rallly

#6 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:09 PM

now get assetto corsa and drive on a laser scanned spa :) 

#7 Gedi

Gedi

404 Not Found

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts
  • Interests:Nothing

Posted 12 November 2015 - 04:57 PM

I'm gonna get the G920 as soon as the price drops a bit, along with one of these so I fold it up and store it

http://www.amazon.co...47347300&sr=8-2

#8 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 12 November 2015 - 05:06 PM

Sorry, I've only just read all of the replies, I had read that the G27 is very similar but I was led to believe this isn't compatible with the PS4. I had a sh*t day at work yesterday so I went out and bought the Logitech G29 to cheer me up! :D

At first i wasn't impressed, but after some research online I managed to tweak the settings and i'm pleased with it now! I've just bought a stand for it too because it's not much good unless it's mounted properly! The pedals are very impressive, they feel so realistic, especially the brakes. I got it for a good price from Currys that currently have £50 off. 

It should keep me entertained over winter and get me ready for Spa in 2016!  rallly

Is this on Project cars ?

#9 GaryK

GaryK

• Pip
  • 168 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 07:11 PM

now get assetto corsa and drive on a laser scanned spa :) 

And iRacing if you like proper competitive multiplayer racing

#10 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:01 AM

I don't have a PC so I've not played AC. Project cars is pretty good but I think my wheel could do with some more tweaking. I setup it up using the new stand tonight, it's much better! After a good 4 hours driving i'm knackered!!

Posted Image$_57 by Andrew Yeates, on Flickr

#11 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:04 AM

I'm gonna get the G920 as soon as the price drops a bit, along with one of these so I fold it up and store it

http://www.amazon.co...47347300&sr=8-2

That looks like a good bit of kit! I kind of wish i'd seen that now!

My stand also folds away which is handy.

#12 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 12:07 AM

Is this on Project cars ?

Yeah i've mostly been playing Project Cars, I did have a quick go on F1 2015 tonight but it was completely different so I gave up pretty quickly lol!

Brands Hatch is a scanned track on Project cars, it's just like driving it in real life, apart from the sensation you get going through Paddock hill! 

#13 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:17 PM

Deal on at Curry's for G29 and G920 at the moment:

http://www.currys.co...7868&awid=47868

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users