Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:08 PM

let c if it comes back onto ebay in the next few days

#82 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 12:15 PM

Selling my VX220 Turbo after flood damage on the floor pan and carpets made it a cat b insurance write off. An amazing car at a bargain price because of cat b and too busy to start again. Cost over £20k been battling with insurance for 2 years finally won so its for sale now to highest bidder.

Thanks for looking

Paul

Hi Paul 

Is it sold? dont keep us in suspense :0)

#83 denno

denno

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:49 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#84 stu8v

stu8v

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:41 PM

Lol bargain....

#85 hairy

hairy

Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,829 posts
  • Interests:cars, beer, nature

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

That'll polish out! And the seats are still better than biscuit .

#86 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:48 PM

What i don't understand is why you'd let it sit there for over 2 years rotting away on your drive! Any normal owner would at least remove clams and interior, dry everything out and wash it?! 

#87 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:06 PM

I guess it's because he didn't know whether it would be taken off him by the insurance company or not

#88 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 09:41 PM

I know but even so, I couldn't let a car rot on my drive even if they were going to take it away!

#89 VWake up!

VWake up!

• 1 posts

Posted 09 January 2016 - 08:13 PM

Contacted to the owner and it turned out that the car is sold now.

#90 bryn_p

bryn_p

• 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:36 AM

Morning all,

I bought this car but unfortunately the previous owner was a bit economical with the truth in some areas. I had read all of the history of the car on this forum so was expecting the worst anyway, but it turns out the driver's window had been broken, the windscreen is cracked and it also does not run despite the owner claiming it did. Every panel has damage on it and it needs a ton of work (obviously!).

My reason for buying it is that I also have a nice NA Opel Speedster (RHD) with only 23k kms that I imported which has damage to the front right including the forward most lower wishbone mounting point which I intended to rebuild using the Cat B Turbo and possibly transplant the engine etc. Being from a nice climate the NA car is in superb condition with all the suspension components looking nearly new.

However, the reality of seeing the Turbo in the plastic has put me off and I am thinking about selling both cars on if anyone here is interested? I paid £5500 for the Turbo and it cost me £250 to get it home so I would like to see that back, although whether it's worth that much to someone else is another matter. I'd like £10k for both cars really, but may split them if there's interest in them separately. If there's no interest I'll get round to building a car out of them eventually  B)

Cheers,

Bryn.

#91 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:06 AM

You paid £5,500 for the turbo expecting it to be in better condition than it turned out to be. And you want £5,750 back? Good luck. :lol:

#92 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:24 AM

Be gentle wolfy

#93 bryn_p

bryn_p

• 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:37 AM

You paid £5,500 for the turbo expecting it to be in better condition than it turned out to be. And you want £5,750 back? Good luck. :lol:

I suppose Maths and English might not be your strong points. As it clearly says above, I fully expected the car to be rough as anything, I can see the same photos and read the same forum threads that you can. Thanks for your opinion though, really appreciate it, just thought there might be someone on here who wanted to save the car or or put it out of it's misery which is what really needs doing

Edited by bryn_p, 07 February 2016 - 10:42 AM.

#94 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 07 February 2016 - 02:36 PM

I wonder if the original owner billed the insurance company for storage? If it's sat there for years that'd be a big cheque!

#95 Georgeralph43

Georgeralph43

• PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 08:45 PM

Bryn you may be better off selling for parts. I.e. Are the seats damaged (other than the water)?

#96 bryn_p

bryn_p

• 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:04 PM

Bryn you may be better off selling for parts. I.e. Are the seats damaged (other than the water)?

Yes I'm thinking the same so if there's no interest in the car complete I will probably dismantle it for parts.

The problem is that almost every part has at least some damage on it despite the previous owner describing it as a 'cherished' car. It is probably the least cherished car I've ever seen  thumbsdown

Cheers,

Bryn.

#97 stu8v

stu8v

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:08 PM

Yes I'm thinking the same so if there's no interest in the car complete I will probably dismantle it for parts.

The problem is that almost every part has at least some damage on it despite the previous owner describing it as a 'cherished' car. It is probably the least cherished car I've ever seen  thumbsdown

Cheers,

Bryn.

Sorry you've been burnt but its been well documented that this example was not worth a great deal....

Break it, you may get lucky and not loose too much.

End of the day that's what was meant to happen to it!

#98 steve-m-uk

steve-m-uk

• PipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:30 PM

if you do break it i'd be interested in the turbo ears, i'm sure there are lots of other people who would want parts from it too.

#99 bryn_p

bryn_p

• 5 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:52 PM

Cheers,

Bryn.

Sorry you've been burnt but its been well documented that this example was not worth a great deal....

Break it, you may get lucky and not loose too much.

End of the day that's what was meant to happen to it!

I don't think it's a case of being burnt, I just think that to be worth £5500 (to me anyway) it had to be exactly as described with no other surprises. Although it clearly doesn't look cherished from the photos, I was hoping that it had been prior to being left for 2 years but that simply is not the case. There's no way all the body and paint damage happened just from it sitting outside for 2 years, after seeing it in the plastic it was obviously rough long before then.

Having said that, there's no doubt it's had a lot of money spent on it as there's invoices for way way more than I paid for it just for the engine and modifications so breaking it should cover the purchase price. I think the seller wanted it to remain in one piece which was my original intention but as I said to him he was just being too greedy to make that possible. A bit cheaper and it'd be worth tidying up to use as a track car but at as it is you'd have the best part of £10k in it before you know it.

I'll give it until the weekend on here then try eBay I think... apparently there were some interested buyers from Europe but who knows if that's true or not.

Cheers,

Bryn.

#100 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 10:48 PM

Hi Bryn, Welcome to the forum albeit under unfortunate circumstances, I'm sorry for the position you find yourself in. Your best bet is to take a load of detailed photos to give people an idea on the full extent of the damage, be as honest as possible about its condition and take the advice from the experienced people on this site whether that be sell it as is or strip it for parts. I wouldn't put it on eBay as you'll put someone else in the same position as your in now. Have you asked for your money back? If he has refused I would consider taking legal action based on the terrible advert on eBay, the condition clearly doesn't match the photos I've seen. Good luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vx220 turbo, modified, 325bhp, for sale, pro alloy, engine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users