5 replies to this topic

#1 green_machineGC

green_machineGC

• PipPip
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorsport, Usual Stuff

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:51 PM

What an eventful night its been......

So turns out the battery decided to throw in the towel tonight whilst I was out and about. I have a nice shiny new replacement battery now in place however it would appear the power interruption has put the car in full panic mode!!

First couldn't get the alarm to shut off (my ears are still ringing) thankfully thats disengaged, the only problem is all 4 indicators are now stuck on constant not flashing. For now I've just ripped the fuse out but for sure this isn't going to rectify the issue!

Has anyone experienced or heard of this happening before? Any help will be gratefully received :) 

#2 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 23 January 2016 - 08:37 AM

There are several connections to the battery terminals, check that they are not shorting out, they may have become dislodged during the battery replacement.

#3 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 23 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

How did you disable the alarm My guess would have been alarm related issue keeping all indicators on or try the flasher unit relay seems odd that anything would fail changing the battery but who knows its an old Vauxhall with lotus influence 😀

Edited by christhegasman, 23 January 2016 - 09:41 AM.

#4 Mat Jackson

Mat Jackson

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:39 AM

Sounds like an alarm issue to me. When my battery died I had issue with the alarm as I had no fobs. Ran the alarm battery flat and the indicators stayed on. In the end I had to disconnect the alarm unit under the dash and it's been like that ever since - now have a new one from the lotus auctions which I'm fitting this week

#5 christhegasman

christhegasman

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,316 posts
  • Interests:cars
    motorsport especially BTCC
    rugby
    eating out
    keeping fit

Posted 24 January 2016 - 09:40 AM

Sounds like an alarm issue to me. When my battery died I had issue with the alarm as I had no fobs. Ran the alarm battery flat and the indicators stayed on. In the end I had to disconnect the alarm unit under the dash and it's been like that ever since - now have a new one from the lotus auctions which I'm fitting this week

👍

#6 Rusty789

Rusty789

Ginger Ninja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,120 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 11:04 AM

I had a similar issue, but my alarm siren hasn't worked for a long time. I just removed a fuse, can't remember what number (there are a couple that would stop the indicators being on, but one also stops your normal indicators working)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: help, alarm, lights, fault, indicators

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users