servicing hertfordshire herts beds bucks essex

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 04 February 2016 - 11:22 PM

Those of you that have been around on here for a while and in the Herts, Beds, Bucks and Essex area may remember PSR from a couple of years back.  

Paul (the owner) and his assistant Dan are still very much alive and kicking and getting back to business as usual after a difficult period.  They carried out a service and cambelt change on my VX yesterday, spending a full day on it, including a plugs change, coolant flush, gearbox oil change and fitting a new waterpump.  

They really do pay great attention to detail.  I have every confidence in their abilities and trust them implicitly with my car. They gave it a thorough going over and have identified a couple of other things that require some attention soon.  But there was no hard sell, just sound advice.

Overall I was delighted with their work again yesterday and was very grateful to them for fitting me in at relatively short notice.

Their new premises are in Furneaux Pelham, about 15 minutes North West of Bishop's Stortford.  

http://www.psrautomotive.com/

Edited by Wolfstone, 04 February 2016 - 11:24 PM.

#2 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:56 PM

Anyone know if PSR are doing OK?

I mailed them about 5 weeks ago to do some work on my car.

Got a holding mail a few weeks later, then I chased again last Friday.

Their phone goes direct to voice mail.

I really like Paul and the gang's work and my preference is to give them the work, but getting hold of them is a nightmare right now and summer is fast approaching.

If I can't reach them, as a last resort, anyone got any recommendations in Essex? Essex Autosport, I guess?

Cheers

Steve

#3 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:03 PM

About a year ago I asked Paul repeatedly for a quote for a suspension refresh. Gave up in the end.

#4 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

About a year ago I asked Paul repeatedly for a quote for a suspension refresh. Gave up in the end.

Same here... and some. I am gutted. I really like PSR.

I'll try again tomorrow and give up next week, if no reply.

You used MBR, didn't you?

My car will have to be trailered... Kimbolton's so far away....

#5 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Just tried to leave PSR a VM.... "mailbox full... please try again later"

I hate this. You find a mechanic you like and trust.... He did say he had a new born kiddie...

One more chaser mail. I'm really loathe to go elsewhere.

#6 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:36 PM

Yep I went to MBR just before Christmas. Like you I really valued the work Paul did on my car over a two or three year period. But just too much hassle in the end.

#7 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:54 PM

Ola Steve. Yes Paul's still going...it's mainly just himself working on the cars, occasionally he brings in Neil or someone else to help. Dan 2 went to spanner for a race team IIRC. I'll see if I can get in touch with him on your behalf...

#8 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Ola Steve. Yes Paul's still going...it's mainly just himself working on the cars, occasionally he brings in Neil or someone else to help. Dan 2 went to spanner for a race team IIRC. I'll see if I can get in touch with him on your behalf...

Rob,

I'd really appreciate it. I've sent mails to him detailing what I need and I'd far rather he do it. It's a nice big job - recommission, service, MOT, suspenders refresh, anal sex, exhaust mani, brakes, bonnet pull, etc), and I just want to discuss and get it booked, so I'd be surprised if he isn't interested.

Maybe it was that mankini I was wearing... hmmm

Viva L'org! chinky chinky

Many thanks!

Steve

#9 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:34 PM

Steve; heard back from Paul. He's going to message you back.

#10 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 11:54 AM

Steve; heard back from Paul. He's going to message you back.

Rob

Thank you for this. He got back to me.

I owe you one. chinky chinky

#11 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:37 PM

Good to know. thumbsup

#12 Actus Reus

Actus Reus

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

Been trying to contact Paul too - sad to say I gave up and am booked in for a minor service elsewhere. I tried text, email and Facebook with no response at all. Last I heard, via Facebook, was that he wanted to go more in the direction of sales.

#13 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:13 AM

I wasn't overly impressed with his work on my car, and when he moved out to the sticks I had no incentive to use him any more

#14 Pete Chase

Pete Chase

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:40 PM

My cars over with him at the moment having the steering rack replaced. The more notice you can give him the better as that obviously allows him to plan ahead. I think he is aware of the on going contact issues but I'll mention it when I go to pick the car up.

#15 Actus Reus

Actus Reus

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:49 PM

He did good work on my Cayman so I'd be happy to use him if I could, but my emails have been ignored so I've taken Furtive's tip and trying a local garage who do seem very good so far.

#16 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:05 PM

Is that Dedmans? They are good guys

#17 Actus Reus

Actus Reus

• Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:12 PM

'tis indeed - am dropping the car tomorrow.

#18 Paul@PSR

Paul@PSR

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Very very random path to finding this thread... Anyway- I just wanted to say sorry to all the above. I would fill this all up with lots of reasons but the shortest answer is I just have a huge list of customer which I have been submerging myself purely into mechanics in an attempt to try and get the slate clean, I am winning but not at a fast enough rate. Unfortunately I am unlikely to ever be available on the phone like I was before, I simply can not be on the phone and be able to be focused on the mechanics. For my own reasons I will not have multiple mechanics again no reasons linked to the mechanics themselves. The roller coaster I have had in the last 2 years is not something I will ever want to relive. I am happier keeping small and reducing my exposure to forces out of my control kicking me between the legs. I fully respect and understand people having to go elsewhere. Whilst I have kept the name and business alive it is very different place now. My mobile is 07 88 777 3183. Feel free to add what's app to your phone and if you ever need help or advice (not necessarily saying it has to be about work with me) drop me a message but please understand it may take a few days for a reply. Some names on here have been customers for many years, genuinely sorry you have ended up going elsewhere but fully understand. My lack of communication at times is never personal and only ever driven by circumstance. Wish all on here all the best moving forward 👍

#19 Paul@PSR

Paul@PSR

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 11:46 PM

Very very random path to finding this thread... Anyway- I just wanted to say sorry to all the above. I would fill this all up with lots of reasons but the shortest answer is I just have a huge list of customer which I have been submerging myself purely into mechanics in an attempt to try and get the slate clean, I am winning but not at a fast enough rate. Unfortunately I am unlikely to ever be available on the phone like I was before, I simply can not be on the phone and be able to be focused on the mechanics. For my own reasons I will not have multiple mechanics again no reasons linked to the mechanics themselves. The roller coaster I have had in the last 2 years is not something I will ever want to relive. I am happier keeping small and reducing my exposure to forces out of my control kicking me between the legs. I fully respect and understand people having to go elsewhere. Whilst I have kept the name and business alive it is very different place now. My mobile is 07 88 777 3183. Feel free to add what's app to your phone and if you ever need help or advice (not necessarily saying it has to be about work with me) drop me a message but please understand it may take a few days for a reply. Some names on here have been customers for many years, genuinely sorry you have ended up going elsewhere but fully understand. My lack of communication at times is never personal and only ever driven by circumstance. Wish all on here all the best moving forward 👍

#20 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• 12,795 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 06:28 AM

I'll pop by again soon Paul.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: servicing, hertfordshire, herts, beds, bucks, essex

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users