Photo

Fezzasus Heater - New Temperature Controller Design

• Please log in to reply
176 replies to this topic

Poll: Interest in replacement temp. controller (46 member(s) have cast votes)

New temperature controller needed

1. Yes (45 votes [97.83%])

Percentage of vote: 97.83%

2. No (1 votes [2.17%])

Percentage of vote: 2.17%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#161 Alastair

Alastair

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

The printed PDF guide has the controller cable coming from the other direction.. cable from the right. If you do it that way it makes the pipes very hard to connect.

#162 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:16 PM

Yup, see the posts on the previous page. I had the same problem. You can rotate the valve to make the pipes easier to connect

#163 simonburn

simonburn

• 9 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:49 PM

Mine fixed too. Good solution and thanks for your instructions. For the first time in 4 years I have no leaks and control of my heater temperature. Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#164 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:17 PM

Right, I'm almost there.. All fitted - just need to top and and test for leaks

Posted Image

- And drill the hole for the rotary switch bigger

- And find the starter button cap that pinged off under one of the seats

Im just fitting the new valve to my heater, is it in the correct orientation in this photo? 

#165 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 June 2017 - 07:47 PM

Just top up the coolant system. I think you need 16-24 mm (ish) jubilee clips.

You can rotate the valve entirely the other way if you want to make it a more tidy installation, this also overcomes the hose being short (however should still fit if you loosen the vehicle end of the hose and pull to the end of the aluminium pipe) see phot attached.

Posted Image

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]OK this was covered earlier, fitting this way around makes it easier for the pipes to reach. OK im ready to go i think.
Im glad i had the heater outside of the car, as it has allowed me to set the cable properly for the pull throw of the valve travel.
I also took of the [color=rgb(40,40,40);]solenoid valve circuit board for a bit of weight saving.
All i need to do now is tigerseal a small crack in the fan shrowd to repair it, and then i think its ready to be fitted to the car.  [/color][/font]

#166 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 02:23 PM

Any idea if it's possible to get a replacement of the geared manual selector? Mine seems to have slipped so the teeth have dug gouges into the bit with the holes in, meaning I can only turn it from cold to hot. If I turn it from hot to cold the gear wheel just slips. No idea why this has happened :(

#167 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:56 PM

Yes, i've got some 

#168 ChubbyChiper

ChubbyChiper

• Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 03:04 PM

Can we still get the new heaters? I have one fitted, I think a mkii but Silly me never actually got it working and it seems that by not fixing my battery in properly it must of side swiped the plastic fan housing I was while enjoying some alpine roads on my last road trip 3yrs ago and has smashed the plastic fan housing below the metal plate!! If I don't get a new one quick then it looks like I'm using the 'squeegee the window' method again on my September 6000 mile road trip! 🤷‍♂️

#169 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 09:07 PM

fez, can i get one of these new controllers? mine is stuck on hot. 

#170 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

Can we still get the new heaters? I have one fitted, I think a mkii but Silly me never actually got it working and it seems that by not fixing my battery in properly it must of side swiped the plastic fan housing I was while enjoying some alpine roads on my last road trip 3yrs ago and has smashed the plastic fan housing below the metal plate!! If I don't get a new one quick then it looks like I'm using the 'squeegee the window' method again on my September 6000 mile road trip! 🤷‍♂️

Unfortunately I don't have any fans remaining, however a spal unit will fit in its place.

#171 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 06:01 AM

fez, can i get one of these new controllers? mine is stuck on hot. 

Yes, they're still available.

#172 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 07:26 AM

Unfortunately I don't have any fans remaining, however a spal unit will fit in its place.

The fan needs support apart from the four screws into the metal plate and mine failed around the mounting points without needing to be hit by any battery.  I guess they'll all go over time.

I built up some support under the new fan so the weight isn't being held by the mounting screws.  Let us know if the Spal fan is any stronger.

#173 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 09:16 AM

I fitted larger bolts/washers and nyloc nuts, there isn't a chance of it falling off!

#174 quadrifoglio

quadrifoglio

• Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:02 AM

The fan needs support apart from the four screws into the metal plate and mine failed around the mounting points without needing to be hit by any battery.  I guess they'll all go over time.

I built up some support under the new fan so the weight isn't being held by the mounting screws.  Let us know if the Spal fan is any stronger.

Same for me, failed at the mounting points

#175 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 12:59 PM

The majority of heaters supplied were fitted with foam strips on the base of the fan unit to support the weight. I'd recommend the same for any replacement unit.

#176 furtive

furtive

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,133 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 02:01 PM

Have sent you a PM regarding a replacement geared selector, thanks

#177 oldjoe

oldjoe

• Pip
  • 205 posts

Posted 09 October 2017 - 06:23 PM

Im slowly getting around to fitting my Fez heater. I have heard that the heat exchangers can fail, i'm happy to put in a different heat exchanger prior to fitting, perhaps a little fully aluminium one. Some people have done this already. Anybody got a link to the ones they have replaced theirs with?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users