• Interests:Trackdays, Walking, Photography

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

Yeah super cheap, put it to 10,000 miles and goes to 885GBP

#22 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

Yeah super cheap, put it to 10,000 miles and goes to 885GBP

But 8,000 only puts it to £279.99 plus Vat.

#23 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 02:58 PM

Sorry to bring this back from the dead, anyone had any more experiences/drives recently? Still trying to fill the hole from selling the Vx and these keep reappearing on my radar. After a lot of reading its seems a trip to Alfaworks to sort the suspension issues and a remap to 280hp and they are transformed. 

Production has now ceased so my gut is they arent going to get much cheaper and i am sorely tempted.

#24 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:28 PM

They were doing big discounts on the anniversary edition ,  I missed my chance as the last orders went through and no more production.

#25 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 04:57 PM

According to how many left as a guide, roughly only 300 coupes and 150 spiders out there, not many for sale, production ceased, could be a good buy.

#26 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:18 PM

Production of the 4C coupe will be stopped.  Not one has been sold the first 6 months of 2018.  The future of the open version is uncertain  :rolleyes:.  Not my problem though;  I choose my VXT over the Alfa 4c every time  B)

Edited by Pipo, 27 August 2018 - 08:25 PM.

#27 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts
  • Interests:Computer, automotive technics, electronics, MTB, Alpine ski, playing keyboard.

Posted 27 August 2018 - 08:36 PM

Correction;  just read that the coupe production already ceased in July this year for the U.S. market.  But some sources at Alfa say that, for the time being, the coupe will still be produced for other markets. Also read that for next year they are planning an 8C.  Could be interesting :dry: .  I guess it will have to compete with the Lotus Exige V6.

Edited by Pipo, 27 August 2018 - 08:43 PM.

#28 james_ly

james_ly

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 08:11 AM

I drove a 4C and didn't like it tbh. Paddle shift gearbox was laggy, nothing like as good as a DSG. Engine was torquey and sounded good but a bit laggy and unresponsive. Then the steering felt dead compared to a VX, less turn in. For the money I'd go Exige every single time.

It's a shame because it looks great and is fast - strikes me as a car that you could mod into something great.

#29 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 28 August 2018 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the feedback James. I wont disagree the Exige is the better car in terms of performance and handling, but to be honest, if i just wanted performance and handling i would have kept my harrop Vx for a fraction of the cost of an Exige. 

#30 ginek

ginek

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:40 PM

Alfa 4c is gorgeous looking very tempting and I guess it could be upgraded... like majority of VX220s are.
The only concern I'd have is the carbon fiber chassis. You cannot do much when there is even a minor damage.

#31 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 05:44 PM

I suppose a lot of people dont expect to modifying a new (ish*) car, maybe especially one costing £50k plus, but how many people are rolling around in a VXT with std wheels, suspension and no remap, not many as a % i would guess. Seems the fixes to the 4C is pretty simple geometry/spacers and 280bhp with a remap. If you want to go further its well documented, new turbo and manifold and your up to 320+, thats very near stage 4 Vxt territory all on std engine and box, cant be bad imho and if you want to go further, Nitrons, Arb's etc pretty much par for the course for many cars on here.

New car prices just spin me out, when you would be paying £40k of so for a decent spec Civic Type R, a carbon tubbed achingly good looking car with plenty of tuning options doesnt seem a bad buy.

#32 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:40 PM

Alpine A110 anyone?

https://alpinecars.com/en/

#33 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 06:58 PM

Very much looking forward to seeing one of these in the flesh  thumbsup

#34 Pipo

Pipo

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:15 PM

Two weeks ago there was a blue metallic one parked at a Renault dealer close by.  I liked the interior and the front, but the profile and back were a bit disappointing to me.  It made me think at an Audi TT.

#35 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:20 PM

A guy on TLF has just bought one and his initial impressions are pretty good. The car was developed in association with Caterham when it was staffed with a few ex Lotus engineers.

Order 1 today and apparently you go on a 12-18 month waiting list

Attached File  DDCD471A-2D53-4E2B-8155-8CD0B17BC9E0.jpeg   123.71KB   6 downloads
Attached File  F3A9FB5C-53FA-4936-BA39-A357E17AF8D8.jpeg   120.43KB   6 downloads

Edited by PaulCP, 30 August 2018 - 08:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users