• Please log in to reply
153 replies to this topic

#141 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:46 PM

Part of him is over the line. He's a fcuking idiot cycling like that in the rain on a public road.

#142 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 06:55 AM

Part of him is over the line. He's a fcuking idiot cycling like that in the rain on a public road.

That may be but his bike was not over the line. How many times has your wing mirror nearly taken the head off a motorcyclist leaned right over with his wheels on one side of the white line and his on the wrong side and about 3ft from the ground?

How about the sports car driver who regularly clips over the white line to "take the line" on the corner? Or the fooking clueless driver who just crosses the white line on a corner because they are not thinking or concentrating on anything, let alone driving?

Yes he's a nutter, but his bike did not cross the white line so technically he wasn't doing anything wrong. Don't get me wrong, would I do that, hell no. Have I done that in a car and had a close call, hell yes. Who here hasn't? Be honest now...

#143 paul_mck

paul_mck

• PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:08 AM

looked fine to me, would I do it? nope. but road racing cyclists are nutters.

might have given you a shock but to be fair you were doing an appropriate speed for the corner so all fine for everyone and no harm done.

#144 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 07:37 AM

That may be but his bike was not over the line. How many times has your wing mirror nearly taken the head off a motorcyclist leaned right over with his wheels on one side of the white line and his on the wrong side and about 3ft from the ground?

err neverm but that's not to say it won't.

How about the sports car driver who regularly clips over the white line to "take the line" on the corner? Or the fooking clueless driver who just crosses the white line on a corner because they are not thinking or concentrating on anything, let alone driving?

Yep I do when I can see round the bend and when there is nothing coming the other way, not when it's blind and something coming the other way.

Yes he's a nutter, but his bike did not cross the white line so technically he wasn't doing anything wrong. Don't get me wrong, would I do that, hell no. Have I done that in a car and had a close call, hell yes. Who here hasn't? Be honest now...

He was over the line at this point. One disadvantage of dashcams is that the angle of view can distort the perspective.

https://photos.app.g...VjDZTAgDgeLKTQ9

It might not show on the video but he made a correction which took him back onto his side but not by much. This all happened in less than a second. I just held my line, that wasn't a concious decision, it's just I didn't have time to do anything else. He could probably hear me, I couldn't hear him. The clueless marshalls just stood around and did nothing. Oh and by the way he was in a race on an open road trying to shave a few milli-seconds off his time and risking his life and others in the process.

I've sent the link for the video to the cycle club holding the event. I'm not expecting a reply except one that will probably blame me for the incident as is the nature of these people. Still when one of their riders does end up injured or killed in one of their events, I'm sure he papers would be interested in my footage.

#145 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

No one hurt, nothing to see, move along please... 

:tumble:

#146 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 14 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

triathlon / aero bars should be banned for public roads

#147 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:49 PM

triathlon / aero bars should be banned for public roads

You'll be banning sports cars next.

Hypocrisy at play. Sorry. But...

Yes. They guy was maybe wrong, but can't believe a VX driver even on a blind bend has never clipped a corner.

#148 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:04 PM

Lol, if you do on blind bends then good luck!

Edited by Sutol, 15 October 2019 - 10:05 PM.

#149 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:13 AM

On this years french frolic we went up Mont Ventoux

RC6 to the rescue :huh:

#150 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 16 October 2019 - 09:52 AM

As with anything you choose to do there are always people who behave like dicks. I'm sure there are 100's of cyclists that behave normally but the few % that are dicks take the headlines. It's the same with drivers; there are plenty of dicks in cars too. Whilst I agree with the ritualistic 'trial by internet' it should be "look at this dick on a bike" rather than "all cyclists are dicks".

Edited by FLD, 16 October 2019 - 09:53 AM.

#151 Sutol

Sutol

Well it's nearly a Lotus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,120 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 10:07 AM

Pity her bike didn't have RC6's!

Edited by Sutol, 16 October 2019 - 10:07 AM.

#152 mbes2

mbes2

Someone say Plasti Dip?

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,507 posts
  • Interests:"Keep it standard"
    "Yes, I built it"

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

Pity her bike didn't have RC6's!

Being sat in the pax seat confused her  :ninja:

#153 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 12:23 PM

It was a boy.

Speedster driver behind me mentioned that he needed consulting from his mother after this experience.

#154 Ivor

Ivor

Billy No Mates

• 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Sheep & Ducatis
    and now bees

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:50 PM

How many cyclists have suitable insurance? Or dog owners, pulled a dog from the front of a car ( remarkably unharmed ) from the space behind where the grill was before the dog went through it, few £100s damage to the car, not the car drivers fault in the slightest, but she bears the cost

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users