Photo

Unmodified Black Vx220 Turbo, 55K, £8000

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Cars, winding up toss pots, grammer, haggis, kilts, football, food, modern archiology, doughnuts, Rootes group cars, Glam rock, The Who, Led Zep, The Stones, INXS, other stuff.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

Shhhhhh don't say that out loud, then he'll defo jack up the price !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AnywY, I can't buy it if doesn't respond. The hunt goes on..".............. You know the old saying, if it looks too good to be true, it most likely isn't, or something like that.

#22 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hey guys! i bought it for 7k running great.

#23 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

then i woke up against my pillow.

sorry couldn't resist...

Nice motor.

someone on here buy it?

#24 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 06:30 PM

I offered the guy the full asking price but was told somebody was looking at it the next day. If somebody went to look at it I'm sure it would have been bought. It's probably in jonnyboys being prepped as we speak Hi mate, you've priced your car too cheap, I'll give you £8k for it (subject to an inspection and HPI) but I'll be honest, I'll only be buying it to sell on. My advice would be to revise your price. I will genuinely buy it though if that's the price. Regards It's priced to sell. London isn't the place for a car like this. I'll let you know if it doesn't go ;-) fair enough, send me some pictures of the damage etc if you can and if nobody is in front of me in the queue let me no when I can come and have a look/pay a deposit. I've already got someone viewing and likely buying tomorrow but I'll be in touch if it doesn't. Pics below ... https://drive.google...bXp5ZWhtblJmLW8 No problem, just let me know.

Edited by anz3001, 22 August 2016 - 06:32 PM.

#25 rob999

rob999

Cat in a Hat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,795 posts
  • Interests:Footy, Tennis, Fire.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

Could be one for JB.....

#26 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts
  • Interests:Cars, winding up toss pots, grammer, haggis, kilts, football, food, modern archiology, doughnuts, Rootes group cars, Glam rock, The Who, Led Zep, The Stones, INXS, other stuff.

Posted 22 August 2016 - 08:52 PM

This all appears surreal to me, I'm looking to buy a VX220, I comeonto this forum and find something that suits, all I want to know is, Is the car for sale or not! If yes, then please give me your contact details so we can speak, or if it isn't for sale, let me and everyone else know that and this thread effectively comes to an end. Now is that so phukkin difficult?

#27 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 09:23 PM

Difficult, no, but the guy isn't a 'forum member' he's registered to sell a car, and if the car has sold what makes you think he'll feel in any way obliged to log in to tell everyone?

#28 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • Interests:Motorsport, Music, Sci-Fi, Cars and driving,.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:53 PM

The seller's silence is deafening. 

#29 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:08 PM

Maybe I'm just weird? But common courtesy would dictate that if I offered a car for sale on here and it sold somewhere else, I would let every one know, so as not to waste anyone's time! The more I think about it, I am weird.!

#30 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

...bet it had chassis damage.

#31 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 23 August 2016 - 08:24 PM

Not guilty havent even sent a PM!

#32 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 07:04 PM

Where in London is it? If it's not far I can pop around and have look if it's still for sale. Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

#33 Andyeddie

Andyeddie

• PipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 03:16 PM

Where on planet Earth is it? London, Paris, New York, Munich, everyone talk about. VX220, shoo be doo wee doo wee.

#34 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

maybe he's on holiday, so there maybe hope for bargain hunters lol  :groupjump:

if its sold lets pretend it had chassis damage, to make ourselves feel better...no one likes missing out on a bargain :(.

Turboluca is it hiding in your garage 

#35 turbo2015

turbo2015

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

BTW i also tried to view the car, im based in london hence not far for me travel,  heres the response i got....lets hunt this Car down :0) poof

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Hi, turbo,[/color]
[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I've got someone coming to view and likely but the car this evening. If it doesn't go through I'll be in touch.[/color]

#36 alain marty

alain marty

• 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 08:13 PM

hi the car is sold? i come in london the 17 september my tel 0033562422769

#37 Branagorn

Branagorn

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:I like bikes too

Posted 04 October 2016 - 08:33 AM

This car is now on Ebay for £14k, located in Pershore.  *detective emoji

#38 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:35 PM

Have contacted the seller via ebay asking to view the vehicle. Only live up the road, so awaiting the reply with interest.

Oh yes.....have also asked, if it is the same vx220 that was for sale on the vx220 forum at 8K (I know it is), then why the price hike ?

Again I await the reply with interest.

Edited by Ian59, 04 October 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#39 Ian59

Ian59

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 06:49 PM

Wouldn't mind looking at this, as I have been thinking about up-grading to a turbo.

The car seems genuine.

Edited by Ian59, 04 October 2016 - 06:55 PM.

#40 Nickydee

Nickydee

• 9 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 05:30 PM

Hi 

Firstly I better introduce myself as this is my first post.  I am looking to buy a VX220 to replace my Lotus Elan M100 which ideally I need to sell first. I hope to be in position to buy soon but in meantime trying  build a picture of whats available,  potential pitfalls etc. 

This car is also on auto trader and I have had some email correspondence with the owner today.  The seller was communicative and helpful but suffice to say I have decided on the information given then  would not be interested in viewing  even if I was a position to proceed.

Dont  think it would be right to publish the emails on a public forum  but PM me if any one wants further details.

Cheers

Nick 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users