• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#1 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:17 PM

I've been in talks with Ultimate Carbon about developing a new carbon fibre part.

Given I've got pretty much everything possible in carbon fibre its led me to looking at new parts :lol:

At this stage I'm just looking at gauging interest as we'd need a few to make it worth their while to make the mould and put it into production. It would be to their usual high standard, wet lay carbon fibre in gloss or matt finish. I'm also not profiting from this, just genuinely want one!

It's the part in yellow below, coil pack cover for the NA/SC cars. Rather than have the recess for the 'eco tech' plaque I've requested just a flush finish but open to feedback if people prefer with recess.

Price is difficult to estimate however between £85-£100 (+delivery) however there can obviously be some economies of scale to be had numbers depending. No idea on timings as yet but I've got a supercharger on the cards and would like one for then! :P
Posted Image
If this appeals get your name down (no commitment to buy) and I'll feedback to UC and keep you all posted!

Yeah .org list!

1. R2MLB

#2 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:25 PM

Do they need to use HT carbon?

#3 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:42 PM

Il have one for sure 👍

#4 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:26 PM

Yes, their standard cures at 135 degrees c but they will probably use even higher temp

#5 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:36 AM

1. R2MLB 2. Haggi961 3. Chris P Duck

#6 fezzasus

fezzasus

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,689 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:11 AM

Yes, their standard cures at 135 degrees c but they will probably use even higher temp

Cure temperature shouldn't have any impact on cured thermal resistance because it's not a thermoplastic

Edited by fezzasus, 05 September 2016 - 08:12 AM.

#7 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

Cure temperature shouldn't have any impact on cured thermal resistance because it's not a thermoplastic

I meant as in the usual standard carbon fibre they use cures at 135 degrees, but yes they will use a carbon fibre capable of higher temperature. I'm not the expert in the area but have every confidence they know what they're doing given their experience and background

#8 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:18 AM

1. R2MLB 2. Haggi961 3. Chris P Duck

Haha knew it was only a matter if time :lol:

#9 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 05 September 2016 - 05:49 PM

Please can you order me a dozen, as this is going to make my car much much better :)

Ooops, wrong engine, cancel that vital order, thanks!

Edited by Nev, 05 September 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#10 haggi961

haggi961

1cobrav8 is my god

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,003 posts
  • Interests:Keeping fit and in shape, and pretty much anything to do with an engine.

Posted 05 September 2016 - 06:14 PM

Please can you order me a dozen, as this is going to make my car much much better :)   Ooops, wrong engine, cancel that vital order, thanks!

It's all about the looks Nev and it doesn't get much better then carbon fibre 😍 You could of been part of this if you had built the right engine 😜

#11 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

Please can you order me a dozen, as this is going to make my car much much better :)   Ooops, wrong engine, cancel that vital order, thanks!

Nev your clearly very knowledgeable and hats off to you for what you've achieved with your car but your inability to just ignore any changes anyone makes that aren't 100% performance focuses gets tedious. It's not what YOUR car is about for YOU, but others may want a more equal balance of performance / looks / practicality. I'm curious why "update 9" of your project thread is all about how you painted the block? Please tell how this makes your car accelerate, brake, corner faster? Perhaps live and let live, or if you feel the need to rant head over to a saxo, nova, civic forum, loads more cannon fodder for you there.

#12 DX220

DX220

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 09:13 PM

Please can someone make a proper full cover for the Turbos that does what the water ingresion kit fails to do?

Anybody?  :huh:

#13 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:57 AM

I'm curious why "update 9" of your project thread is all about how you painted the block? Please tell how this makes your car accelerate, brake, corner faster? Perhaps live and let live, or if you feel the need to rant head over to a saxo, nova, civic forum, loads more cannon fodder for you there.

Now that's a good question! If I remember correctly I was waiting for some machine work or parts and couldn't progress with anything else, so idle hands do the devil's work... It also only cost me £5, as opposed to circa £100.

I was not ranting really, just a sideways joke to those that spend their time and money on how things look rather than how things work. They remind me of the people sent out on the Golgafrinch Arcs in HHGTTG.

Edited by Nev, 06 September 2016 - 09:19 AM.

#14 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:35 AM

4-JG

#15 alkvalseth

alkvalseth

• Pip
  • 89 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 06:31 AM

5. Alkvalseth

#16 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:02 PM

6. Nev

#17 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:10 PM

6 - 17 Nev He wanted a dozen remember 😜

#18 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:24 PM

6 - 17 Nev He wanted a dozen remember 😜

Alas, I have been informed that my engine isn't right for one of these reassuringly expensive carbon necessities ;) Apparently there are two types of engine for this car and I seem to have bought the wrong one. :(  

Edited by Nev, 07 September 2016 - 09:48 PM.

#19 r2mlb

r2mlb

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 09:29 PM

Just to tidy up this thread: 1. R2MLB 2. haggi961 3. Chris P Duck 4. JG 5. Alkvalseth 6. Nev (x12)

#20 1cobrav8

1cobrav8

Joe is faster than me

• PipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:46 AM

Don't want to crash the thread but thought this may give people an idea of what they will look like, mine obviously still has the badge

Posted Image

As no one was making them at the time I had to cheat and have mine skinned in real carbon then laquered.

Edited by 1cobrav8, 08 September 2016 - 04:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users