Speedline Vxr Wheels - Updated 5Th Oct

• Please log in to reply
353 replies to this topic

#101 The Fat Man

The Fat Man

• PipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:35 PM

. Therefore I would consider buying two sets (and leaving the second set for sale ad infinitum..) to try and assist this to actually happen..  Would anyone else do the same? Only to get to the 25 needed.. we wouldn't want to flood the market! :D

Yes, I would consider going for a second set to get it done. Buying wheel sets seems to be a pastime on here and I am still in the halfpenny place!

#102 Jvcoop1

Jvcoop1

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:55 PM

List with the two double buy sets added- thanks guys. 

In regards to lead times, Speedline have quote 4-6 weeks and would require a 50% deposit from everyone to start production (paid to them directly). 

Just had another call with the UK guys, a conversation will happen on Tuesday/Wednesday next week internally to maybe give us the go. I am confident the UK guys are doing everything they can with the Italians who pull the strings. fingers remain crossed....

1. Jvcoop1 (Satin) 2. Mart106 (Satin) 3. jonnyboy (Satin) 4. Mazzy (Satin) 5. The Fat Man (gloss black) 6. P11 COV (Satin) 7. robin (silver) 8. JG (gloss black) 9. vocky (silver) 10. rasputin (Satin) 11. Studentgti (Satin) 12. Vladimir (silver, postage to Norway) 13. A.C.oral (Satin) (definite maybe) 14. Thejoaoserra (preferably silver / postage to Portugal) 15. Woodsy (Satin) 16. Tommo (Satin) 17. Strugs (Satin) 18. Foxy (gloss black) 19. Robsdesk (black)

20. Mani (satin black) 21.Strugs (Satin) - second set 22.The Fat Man (gloss black) - second set 23. 24. 25.

#103 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

Just so we clear.. though.. I'd happily not buy two sets! :lol:

#104 markanswrth

markanswrth

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Back on the forum after 6 months. Glad I saw this! I am in

1. Jvcoop1 (Satin) 2. Mart106 (Satin) 3. jonnyboy (Satin) 4. Mazzy (Satin) 5. The Fat Man (gloss black) 6. P11 COV (Satin) 7. robin (silver) 8. JG (gloss black) 9. vocky (silver) 10. rasputin (Satin) 11. Studentgti (Satin) 12. Vladimir (silver, postage to Norway) 13. A.C.oral (Satin) (definite maybe) 14. Thejoaoserra (preferably silver / postage to Portugal) 15. Woodsy (Satin) 16. Tommo (Satin) 17. Strugs (Satin) 18. Foxy (gloss black) 19. Robsdesk (black)

20. Mani (satin black) 21.Strugs (Satin) - second set 22.The Fat Man (gloss black) - second set 23. Markanswrth (satin) 24. 25.

#105 Johnturner

Johnturner

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 09:21 AM

I don't know if everyone here is aware but these wheels are considerably heavier than the Team Dynamics.

#106 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

Yep you could loose a tenth of a second on the way to the shops :)

#107 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:05 AM

And everyone who drives these cars weighs exactly the same? Just for the record too, Speedlines weigh exactly the same as OEM Turbo wheels (both without tyres).

#108 Barton

Barton

Barton

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • Interests:Lead NPC spanner man

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Posted Image
Gloss black speedlines

#109 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

Edited....duplicate image from a previous post on an earlier page showing silver.

Edited by Wolfstone, 14 January 2017 - 11:17 AM.

#110 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:19 AM

I don't know if everyone here is aware but these wheels are much much prettier than the fookin ugly and very chavvy looking Halfords special Team Dynamics .

That's more relevant. :lol:

#111 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:21 AM

There is a small difference in feel between a Speedline and an OZ. You feel it particularly in the first few mm of turning the steering wheel on corner entry. The weight of the Speedline creates a hesitation. Thats probably the best way to describe it. 

However the sensation is rather more indistinct compared to the eyesore of a TD :P

#112 Johnturner

Johnturner

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

Weight may be relevant to some as it increases unsprung weight.

#113 Johnturner

Johnturner

• PipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:35 AM

Although my comments are relevant, I should have read the thread first as I see it had previously been discussed. My apologies.

#114 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Weight may be irrelevant to most as they simple don't care and aren't obsessed about lap times and willy waving. I'll wager a bet that the vast majority of those on the list aren't trackers and don't care about unsprung weight.

#115 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

There is a small difference in feel between a Speedline and an OZ. You feel it particularly in the first few mm of turning the steering wheel on corner entry. The weight of the Speedline creates a hesitation. Thats probably the best way to describe it.    However the sensation is rather more indistinct compared to the eyesore of a TD :P

No hesitation on mine. Driven on advans A048 semi slicks with standard vxr suspension setup. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

#116 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:19 AM

Weight may be irrelevant to most as they simple don't care and aren't obsessed about lap times and willy waving. I'll wager a bet that the vast majority of those on the list aren't trackers and don't care about unsprung weight.
Why are you obsessed with willy waving?

#117 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:20 AM

There is a small difference in feel between a Speedline and an OZ. You feel it particularly in the first few mm of turning the steering wheel on corner entry. The weight of the Speedline creates a hesitation. Thats probably the best way to describe it.    However the sensation is rather more indistinct compared to the eyesore of a TD :P

No hesitation on mine. Driven on advans A048 semi slicks with standard vxr suspension setup. Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Not really apples with apples Mani! :lol:

#118 JG

JG

• 13,609 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Put it on Ozs mani, you get an instant improvement. Speedines are fine though.

#119 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:51 PM

Put it on Ozs mani, you get an instant improvement. Speedines are fine though.

A vxr220 on OZs....why would i devalue my car :-P Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

#120 Mani

Mani

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 09:54 PM

If I wanted instant improvement I would sell the car and buy a proper lightweight sports car like a lotus....wouldn't you agree? The imperfections make the car what it is...and they don't need improving but just enjoying :-) Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users