Oem Bridgestone Tyres: Camskill

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:13 PM

For anyone still running original wheels and looking to keep to original spec Bridegestones (RE040s), Camskill currently sell both fronts and rears in the correct BZ compound.

Rears are listed at £84.30 each 

http://www.camskill....:_2_Noise:_71dB

Fronts are listed at £115.95 each.

http://www.camskill....:_2_Noise:_70dB

A full set, including delivery comes to £414.46.

Hope this helps.  I know some have struggled to find stock of both fronts and rears at times.

#2 anz3001

anz3001

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

Fronts have never really been an issue, the odd lull in production but always about if you know where to look. Rears on the other hand have long been discontinued, they've done well to source some but they'll be old stock, great for 'heritage' but not the choice for practical performance.

#3 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 09:33 PM

I  might give them a call tomorrow and asked what the date code is on them.   thumbsup

#4 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:24 PM

I don't think they are the VX 220 rear tyres but the Elise spec tyres which may still be in production?

#5 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:43 PM

It's showing them as BZ compound which I'm pretty certain was / is VX specific.

#6 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

quote name="x-isle" post="406011" timestamp="1138704751"]

Ok, I've just come off the phone to the techincal department of Bridgestone UK, which just happen to be a mile from where I work (Leamington/Warwick).

The BZ is the correct flavour of the tyre to use on the VX220T (if you want to keep it standard). The BZ is a slightly different compound to the rest.

The BZ was actually developed with Lotus for the VX, the Elise has a different compound, I think he said AZ (or something similar).

[quote]

#7 ciderbooze

ciderbooze

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,216 posts
  • Interests:cars, fishing, beer, football.

Posted 20 October 2016 - 07:06 AM

For some reason I had it in my head that bz was common to both the Vx and Elise and the dot code was the differentiating factor with cfe for Vx and dck (?) for the Elise. You live and learn.

#8 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 08:28 AM

That is that I thought CFE being the VX specific, lots of old threads on this. In reality it will make no difference and I would fit those BZ without a worry.

#9 LeeS

LeeS

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:11 PM

I managed to find some rear re040 bz's last month, think the date was 15 so not to bad

#10 Bakazan

Bakazan

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 06:33 AM

The rears are now listed as "No Stock" so is that it for re040 or should they still be available in AZ flavour?

#11 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:37 PM

Hello everyone,

I didn't want to open another topic, so I just reply on this one.

My VX's tyres are in good condition (wear wise), but unfortunately fairly old. I decided to replace them for my own safety. I spent half the weekend trying to find RE040s in 225/45/17 but I couldn't. I have 2 questions for anyone who could help.

1) Do you know any place which has any of them in stock? Preferably not more than 2 years old.

If that's not feasible as alternative:

2) For road use and novice VXT driver, would you recommend RE050, RE050a, RE070 or S001? Bear in mind that I have decided to maintain the standard 040s for the front axle. Through various posts, I have seen that many people use these 4 for the rear but I couldn't really conclude somewhere.

Cheers

#12 Bakazan

Bakazan

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:31 AM

I found this place: http://www.eqautomot...5-45-17-3562220 No idea if they are actually in stock or a reliable supplier.

#13 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

I found this place: http://www.eqautomot...5-45-17-3562220 No idea if they are actually in stock or a reliable supplier.

Thanks for the information. I found them in another site as well, but none of them could tell me if they have the correct compound and/or their production date unless I placed an order.

As I didn't want to risk it, I decided to go forward with standard RE040s for the front and S001s for the rear axle. 

By the way, if someone wants my old tyres  for trackday purposes (plenty of tread, but old) I will fit the new ones on Saturday in Northwood Hills, London. I don't want anything in return, but you will have to come over there, as I can't carry them.

#14 Bakazan

Bakazan

• Pip
  • 227 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:19 PM

Did you decide what the difference was between [color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]RE050, RE050a, RE070 and S001? What made you choose S001?[/color]

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]I'll be in a similar situation soon and will probably go with some form of Bridgestone on the rear and keep the 175s on the front.[/color]

#15 Di3sel

Di3sel

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 09:21 PM

I decided to exclude RE070 as it appears to be more "summer" tyre. That left me with the 050(a)s and the S001. Afterwards, I tried to identify which tyre received the most positive feedback in this forum. Also, I consulted tyrereviews.co.uk to extract information about their wet grip. In both cases S001 seemed to perform better than the 050s, hence my decision.

Lastly, S001 replaced RE050a so in theory Bridgestone has applied "newer" technology to it. Maybe that last one is total marketing b@lls@@t, I wouldn't bet :D :D.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users