• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 10:08 PM

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]OK, so having bought LY36 off Cliffie a couple of weeks ago, and having had my love for VXs well and truly re-kindled, I'm selling her again! [/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]I was going to SC her, but I've had a tasty Stage 2 SC offered to me for a very reasonable sum, and my 'price to change' works out less than it would cost to build LY36 up to the same spec.. so I've bought the SC'ed one![/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Having had no VX for years, to now have two is really one too many so LY36 is on ebay, starting price £5k (and I'm keeping the hard top, which wasn't a 'genuine' LY anyway, for the new one.).[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1555.l2649[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]The spec etc is on the ad but.. for ease (and thanks to Scott for filling in some blanks!).. [/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]2.4 inlet manifold, Nitron quick rack, Ertacetal bushes, new ball joints, drop links, toe links, Milltek sports cat, Larini exhaust and Dblias exhaust manifold.[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Headlight and mudguard will be sorted by BoT this week (hopefully!)..[/font]

[font="arial, helvetica, sans-serif;"]Any questions, PM me. Viewings welcome in Farnham or Guildford, Surrey. [/font]

#2 muckyman

muckyman

• PipPip
  • 340 posts
  • Interests:Barmaids

Posted 14 November 2016 - 09:14 AM

good luck with the sale - looks tidy.

Lets have a look at your new one then :-)

#3 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 14 November 2016 - 11:03 PM

good luck with the sale - looks tidy.

Lets have a look at your new one then :-)

Thank you Michael! It's a '6 foot' car.. i.e. get much closer and you'll see the flaws, but she's certainly not the worst to look at and she's oh-so-good to drive!  :D

New one arrives later this week.. can't wait! rallly

Edited by Strugs, 14 November 2016 - 11:04 PM.

#4 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 02:37 PM

Headlight now fixed!  :)

Couple of 'viewings' arranged for this weekend, and it will be sold.. Be quick folks!  :P

SC'ed one has arrived but I've not had a chance to drive it yet!! :(

#5 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

3.5 hrs to go..  :happy:

#6 Foxy

Foxy

I love Nev

• 10,743 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 07:10 PM

Still a bargain, 1hr to go...

#7 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:25 PM

So.. it looks like it's on its way to Italy to become a track slag!

Anyone sold to someone abroad recently? When it comes to it, do I fill in the V5C/4 and say it's exported (and give the chap the rest of the V5), or I do try and do it using their new online service, or do I write them a letter as one of the old guidance notes (pre-updated DVLA website, probably) suggests??

#8 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 10:54 PM

Hey Strugs, it's Martin ! If the eBay sale falls through... Maybe I can try to match the italian guy's price ! As for V5C filling, for having looked at it, I do think using the new online service works better !

#9 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:05 PM

Hey Strugs, it's Martin ! If the eBay sale falls through... Maybe I can try to match the italian guy's price ! As for V5C filling, for having looked at it, I do think using the new online service works better !

Hey Martin, I was rooting for you chap! It was nice to meet you.. thumbsup :)

#10 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:10 PM

If somebody wants to pay you more than the price it reached on ebay you are not legally obliged to sell to the ebay buyer. 

#11 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:17 PM

If somebody wants to pay you more than the price it reached on ebay you are not legally obliged to sell to the ebay buyer. 

Really? Don't ebay throw a strop? Or don't some kittens get drowned or something?

If Martin were tempted, say, to make me an offer (and he is a very nice chap, so I would be happy to to sell it to him.. and he's UK based!).. how do I go about cancelling the winning bid malarkey?  

#12 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:27 PM

Really? Don't ebay throw a strop? Or don't some kittens get drowned or something?

If Martin were tempted, say, to make me an offer (and he is a very nice chap, so I would be happy to to sell it to him.. and he's UK based!).. how do I go about cancelling the winning bid malarkey?  

Really. I once bought an S1 on an ebay buy it now for £5k, made arrangements to collect next day, In the morning I get some boiiocks email saying his brother was seriously ill and he couldnt go through with the deal so I took advice from a solicitor regarding taking a case to force the sale. I was told that vehicle sales on ebay is one of the few categories where auction law doesnt apply and you are neither obliged to buy or sell. I later found out that Will B had contacted the bloke straight after the auction and offered him more which he accepted.

#13 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 20 November 2016 - 11:28 PM

how do I go about cancelling the winning bid malarkey?

Just tell him the deals off and you arent selling it to him. Of course he may give you negative feedback but I'm sure you'd get over it :)

#14 martinroger

martinroger

• PipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

And I was rooting for myself up to the last minutes! The last 10 seconds were madness. Say, what kind of offer could motivate you to go through the bid-cancelling madness? As I told you then I do have the monies on account :)

#15 Strugs

Strugs

World's #1 cheese fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,008 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 12:58 PM

I'll let you tell everyone the news Martin..  :D thumbsup

#16 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 21 November 2016 - 01:52 PM

Really? You listed something on ebay, let the auction run to closure, and now decide that you won't sell to the highest bidder because after the close you get a higher offer? Legally you may be fine but to me it stinks. If something like this had happened to someone on here we'd all be outraged.

#17 Foxy_Jr

Foxy_Jr

• PipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

Really? You listed something on ebay, let the auction run to closure, and now decide that you won't sell to the highest bidder because after the close you get a higher offer? Legally you may be fine but to me it stinks. If something like this had happened to someone on here we'd all be outraged.

:yeahthat:

#18 jackturbostage4

jackturbostage4

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:28 PM

😳

#19 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:32 PM

But its not happening to someone on here. Outrage doesn't pay the bills. I've sold stuff on ebay and never heard from the "buyer". It's no different. Life's a bitch

Edited by fiveoclock, 21 November 2016 - 02:34 PM.

#20 fiveoclock

fiveoclock

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 21 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

And it did happen to me with an S1 a couple of years ago involving Will B. I related the story on here then and yesterday. None of you outraged people were outraged then

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users