• Please log in to reply
164 replies to this topic

#141 Raptor

Raptor

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Regarding the reset: For those in the Guildford area, BoT do not have the correct gear and neither does Max ("Max500" in his new setup in the middle of the town) although he tried very hard to get into the ABS page.

Bell & Colvill obviously have the gear but wanted £50+VAT which I declined!

Looking further afield now but ideas welcome.

Thanks for letting us know - mine needs doing at some point also.

#142 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 08:56 PM

Spoke to Paul on Wednesday afternoon, package delivered Saturday lunchtime. Quick service indeed. thumbsup Muchas Gracias FLD for making this happen. :happy:   Foxy_Jr                           Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Foxy                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Lordm695                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Beano                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul / thanked FLD Joss                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Nosbandit                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul out on the bike                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Robho                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul alanoo                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Ayresyy                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Aerodynamic                          Emailed /ordered /arrived / thanked Paul oblomov                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul Code Monkey                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul frch62                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul

Very welcome thumbsup

#143 Aerodynamic

Aerodynamic

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:02 AM

Any advise how to install the unit? Disconnect the battery and install the unit? Br, Per

#144 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

No need to disconnect the battery. Unplug the connector, undo four (star / hex?) bolts, lift straight up. Fit new one in reverse.

Edited by Wolfstone, 11 March 2017 - 01:12 PM.

#145 FRCH62

FRCH62

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

mine arrived yesterday , thank's to paul and fld

Foxy_Jr                           Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Foxy                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Lordm695                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Beano                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul / thanked FLD
Joss                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Nosbandit                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
out on the bike                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Robho                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
alanoo                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Ayresyy                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Aerodynamic                          Emailed /ordered /arrived / thanked Paul
oblomov                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
Code Monkey                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul
frch62                          Emailed / ordered / arrived / thanked Paul/ thanked FLD

#146 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 27 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

How much are people paying to get Lotus to re-set the ABS light.  I'm booked in at Christopher Neil in a week or so.

#147 NOSBandit

NOSBandit

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 07:29 PM

It cost me £20 Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#148 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:21 PM

How much are people paying to get Lotus to re-set the ABS light.  I'm booked in at Christopher Neil in a week or so.

When are you booked in? Need to get mine done too and Chris Neil is probably the closest to me.

#149 Gopherit

Gopherit

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

For those in the South East, Maidstone Sports Cars are brilliant. I was hardly out of the car before the box was connected up and reset. Switch Off/On, remove connection to OBD2 and all done.

Maidstone Sports Cars
The Oast House,
Great Tong Farm,
Headcorn,
Kent TN27 9PP

Very friendly, only problem is the temptation to spend money looking at what they offer - particularly as I have a Honda Civic Type R engine sitting in the garage doing nothing! Anyone got an engineless Elise S2 they don't want?(!)

Five Star people.

#150 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

When are you booked in? Need to get mine done too and Chris Neil is probably the closest to me.

4th of April 08:30 :) so it's an early start.  As it takes so little time (I understand) I'll probably spend the morning in Chester seeing as I'm over that way, or go to see some friends in the Wirral.

#151 Chris P Duck

Chris P Duck

I can change this?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

4th of April 08:30 :) so it's an early start.  As it takes so little time (I understand) I'll probably spend the morning in Chester seeing as I'm over that way, or go to see some friends in the Wirral.
Takes a little time? 5 mins top I heard? Plug in Access correct menu Press reset Unplug

#152 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 06:57 PM

It cost me £20 Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, gives me an idea of what to expect.  I'm sure I read somewhere of someonje being charged £50. :wacko:

For those in the South East, Maidstone Sports Cars are brilliant. I was hardly out of the car before the box was connected up and reset. Switch Off/On, remove connection to OBD2 and all done.

Maidstone Sports Cars
The Oast House,
Great Tong Farm,
Headcorn,
Kent TN27 9PP

Very friendly, only problem is the temptation to spend money looking at what they offer - particularly as I have a Honda Civic Type R engine sitting in the garage doing nothing! Anyone got an engineless Elise S2 they don't want?(!)

Five Star people.

And you paid how much?

Takes a little time? 5 mins top I heard? Plug in Access correct menu Press reset Unplug

Thanks Chris. :)

#153 Gopherit

Gopherit

• Pip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

Oblomov: I live 1 1/2 miles from Bell & Colvill. It was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to drive to Maidstone Sports Cars and get it done than visit B&C. Also more fun to look around MSC.

#154 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:22 PM

Oblomov: I live 1 1/2 miles from Bell & Colvill. It was SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper to drive to Maidstone Sports Cars and get it done than visit B&C. Also more fun to look around MSC.

Still coy about telling us how much you paid though. :)

Had mine done today at Christopher Neil (Oakmere) for free.  Was bought from there though, and 3 1/2 hour round trip to get it done.

The VX actually got wet, it's just not on!

#155 Beano

Beano

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Cars & tech

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:23 PM

Spoke to a technician at Murray Lotus today who told me an ABS reset would be all kinds of difficult and it'd take considerably longer then a few minutes. He couldn't be persuaded otherwise.

#156 NOSBandit

NOSBandit

• PipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 03:52 PM

Spoke to a technician at Murray Lotus today who told me an ABS reset would be all kinds of difficult and it'd take considerably longer then a few minutes. He couldn't be persuaded otherwise.

Lol, it's just a matter of plug it in, hit reset in abs and unplug it. I'd find somewhere that knows what they are doing if I was you. I paid £20 for my reset! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

#157 Beano

Beano

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

I'm too polite to tell the guy what I really thought. Just voted with my feet. Posted as a warning to anyone tempted to give them a go. Avoid at all costs. :)

#158 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:59 PM

They could do it quickly but weren't interested is my guess.

#159 Beano

Beano

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Agreed. Opportunity to fabricate a large bill no doubt...

#160 cthcth

cthcth

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 06:12 AM

Any chance these will be available again, alternatively (and expensively) where could I source Lotus item-can't find it online? Haven't even got my VX yet and I'm modifying it!  Ta.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users