• Interests:french maids

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

the roll over hoop is much smaller tube on the S1

#62 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 03:01 PM

http://www.elises.co...ssis/index.html and neither of them are a patch on the Evora.

#63 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:05 AM

I don't think I could cope without the rear boot storage box, is this having something bonded in for that?

#64 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 30 November 2016 - 07:03 PM

Weight wise; its just an estimate but the aim is somewhere in the region of 50kg, but we are going to get all the parts weighed at the end so we will have a proper answer. I'd be (very) happy with that.

That'd be quite some saving. I'd thought the front was about 20 and the rear about 30 (no idea on sills). Can you post some details on the laminate that's used please. I'd be really interested. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#65 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

Merry Christmas everyone. A few more pics of the build in progress.. lights are ordered and on the way (so much easier to find than VX lights). The front clam needs a bit more work to clear the brake master cylinder and the abs but it is getting there. Thinking now about paintwork... any thoughts guys? I'm told Plasti-Dip is the new thing... does anyone have any experience?

Rear now with exhaust fitted;

Posted Image

Outer door skin;

Posted Image

Front splitter;

Posted Image

Front clam with front splitter;

Posted Image

Christmas present to myself... poly bushes :)

Wish you all very well for 2017... and I wonder how many of us will be out on the quiet xmas day roads :).

#66 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:00 PM

Why didn't you buy a new tailpipe

#67 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:01 PM

Weight wise; its just an estimate but the aim is somewhere in the region of 50kg, but we are going to get all the parts weighed at the end so we will have a proper answer. I'd be (very) happy with that.

That'd be quite some saving. I'd thought the front was about 20 and the rear about 30 (no idea on sills). Can you post some details on the laminate that's used please. I'd be really interested. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its good stuff but ultimately chop strand mat with a polyester resin and a vinyl outer skin coat to help prevent print through. I went to see the moulds first and was very impressed.

I don't think I could cope without the rear boot storage box, is this having something bonded in for that?

Nope. Eventually i'll need that space for Batman and Vocky to work their magic. Who needs to carry shopping anyway ;)

#68 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

Why didn't you buy a new tailpipe

Saving the cash for you to do that B207 conversion  thumbsup

#69 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:48 PM

I actually have a s1 tailpipe at home that I don't need if you want it

#70 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 25 December 2016 - 08:10 AM

I certainly wouldnt be doing all that work to use plastidip, unless you want the car to look like its been covered in marzipan, god awful stuff. There is apparently a new product out, like a vinyl wrap but sprayed, check out liquid wrap, but have no experience with it or just good old vinyl wrap if you dont want tradional wet spray costs.

#71 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

Did you already sort out the wheelbase issue with the S1 clams? (a VX220 is 30mm longer at the rear wheels)

#72 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:00 PM

Did you already sort out the wheelbase issue with the S1 clams? (a VX220 is 30mm longer at the rear wheels)

Wheelbase you can resolve with custom sized rear wishbones. Driveshafts and shock absorbers can stay the same (provided shocks are not oversized).

#73 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Wheelbase you can resolve with custom sized rear wishbones. Driveshafts and shock absorbers can stay the same (provided shocks are not oversized).

That's one option how you tackled the issue, but the OP said he wanted to keep the OEM suspension components...

#74 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 01:58 PM

So it’s been a while since my last update, work and life have generally got in the way of car fun but for those who are interested some pics below of the car in its current form. Its nearly there with some grills to be added and some cosmetic tidying up too.

Exmantaa, we went custom wishbones in the end. Really want to get the car on the scales to see exactly how much weight I’ve saved (hopefully enough to offset the extra from the B204 lump).

Surprisingly had an absolute nightmare with elise-shop over the rear lights (who will never get any more of my had earned money), but other than that the build has gone well and the firm who have completed the conversion have been nothing less than outstanding.

The plan now is a Saab B204 and a Holset HX35, supported by a charge cooler, a performance clutch and a whole load of supporting modifications (mainly cooling). Suspension still needs thinking about as does spoiler height. I’m not a fan of big wings but a small spoiler is definitely needed I think – if anyone has any advice on spoiler heights it would be very welcome.

If anyone fancies some reading on a B204 swap a chap called Phil Hilyard has already done it and was featured in a Vauxhall mag.

Thanks all

P.S. The staggered TD’s are Nick’s old ones – which are in fantastic condition – thanks Nick.

So it’s been a while since my last update, work and life have generally got in the way of car fun but for those who are interested some pics below of the car in its current form. Its nearly there with some grills to be added and some cosmetic tidying up too.

Exmantaa, we went custom wishbones in the end. Really want to get the car on the scales to see exactly how much weight I’ve saved (hopefully enough to offset the extra from the B204 lump). 

Surprisingly had an absolute nightmare with elise-shop over the rear lights (who will never get any more of my had earned money), but other than that the build has gone well and the firm who have completed the conversion have been nothing less than outstanding.

The plan now is a Saab B204 and a Holset HX35, supported by a charge cooler, a performance clutch and a whole load of supporting modifications (mainly cooling). Suspension still needs thinking about as does spoiler height and exhaust/ exhaust routing. I’m not a fan of big wings but a small spoiler is definitely needed I think – if anyone has any advice on spoiler heights it would be very welcome.

If anyone fancies some reading on a B204 swap a chap called Phil Hilyard has already done it and was featured in a Vauxhall mag.

Thanks all

P.S. The staggered TD’s are Nick’s old ones – which are in fantastic condition – thanks Nick.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

Great progress!

#76 Danny Scarbro

Danny Scarbro

• Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Track days!

Posted 23 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

Just seen this thread.

Very impressive, would be very interested to know what kind of weight saving it achieves?

Dan

#77 AleVX220

AleVX220

• Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:05 PM

Thanks guys, i'll be getting it on the scales ASAP. It is also wider over both sets of arches so it will be interesting to see its aero improvement too...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: modificationsexige, lightweight

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users