Photo

Impartial Advice Needed - Accident Dash Cam Footage (Not A Vx)

• Please log in to reply
158 replies to this topic

#101 Bargi

Bargi

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,483 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 12:35 PM

Ha! Well done Giles. A shame you had the same experience as me [nothing happening, you spend an hour of your time making a few calls and within 24hrs you've got some movement]. Let's hope the admit liability, then get suitably prosecuted for attempted fraud!

the extra cost to other insurances (I have 5 other cars that it bumped the premium up on!).  

Be interesting to know this one. Are they with same insurer or different? How do you get something like that removed once an insurer knows about it? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

#102 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:02 PM

Giles, iirc you need to claim for uninsured losses to cover the increase in your other premiums. Thrash em into shape!

#103 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:29 PM

And include your lost income from all the hours spent trying to get it resolved. And phone calls.

#104 Tfp

Tfp

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

After following this thread I'm going to buy a dash cam this weekend.

#105 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:03 PM

Giles Do you want the boys to pay a visit?

#106 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:23 AM

Ha! Well done Giles. A shame you had the same experience as me [nothing happening, you spend an hour of your time making a few calls and within 24hrs you've got some movement]. Let's hope the admit liability, then get suitably prosecuted for attempted fraud!  

the extra cost to other insurances (I have 5 other cars that it bumped the premium up on!).  

Be interesting to know this one. Are they with same insurer or different? How do you get something like that removed once an insurer knows about it? Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They are all with other companies, which is going to add to my total time and cost.  But my issue is that after my last accident, even tho I was found not to be at fault, my premium's were increased by roughly £50 each if I declared the accident.  Which as I wasn't at fault really takes the p*ss, so I will speaking to them about that too!

Giles, iirc you need to claim for uninsured losses to cover the increase in your other premiums. Thrash em into shape!

Cheers buddy, I will make sure I used the phrase.

And include your lost income from all the hours spent trying to get it resolved. And phone calls.

Yes mate, I will :) Don't think they will like it when I tell them what I consider my hourly wage to be (and I worked it out from last years tax return)

After following this thread I'm going to buy a dash cam this weekend.

Yes, do, I would of be told to repair my car if I didn't have or worse be blamed of an accident!  Here's the ones I have in my cars: https://www.amazon.c...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Cheap as chips, altho I only paid £4.42 for mine as I got them from China, I spent more on the SD card!

Giles Do you want the boys to pay a visit?

No mate, I believe she is related to pikey's so I'll play it safe, unless I get a paid visit  :huh:

#107 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:10 AM

Related to??!! Didn't look like it was that distant from the footage.

#108 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:28 AM

Related to??!! Didn't look like it was that distant from the footage.

I'm not sure if she is related too or friends/acquaintances with some from what I've heard from friends who know off her.

Still not got anything back from the insurance company yet.  I'm hoping for contact early part of next week :)

#109 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

Anything yet matey?

#110 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Anything yet matey?

Last week I was offered 50/50, which is a load of bull crap.

My insurance company Eldon Insurance have been utterly useless!  

Surely if;

1) Her diagram does not tie up with the DASH CAM

2) Her statement does not tie up to her diagram or DASH CAM

3) Witness statement does not tie up to her statement, diagram or DASH CAM

So why the fcuk am I still out of pocket on this??!! And why the fcuk haven't they told her SHE IS AT FAULT.  The main reasoning they have said 50/50 is there are no road markings BUT..... as the 3 points above are a  matter of fact.... surely they should side with me!

This whole process has really made me wonder why I bother forking out over 1k+ a year on all the cars for insurance, it should be simple really, instead I've done all the leg work and spoken to there insurance company, told them about the dash cam etc....  I'll be ringing them next week to see what's going on but it's looking like it will left as 'unsettled'.

Oh and to top it all, they don't care that she may have given me a false name, apparently the other insurance don't have to declare who was driving!  Altho I did point out that if she isn't insured to drive that car then the insurance company would pay out, my insurance seemed to not like this concept at all!

Edited by GiGo, 27 May 2017 - 04:09 PM.

#111 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

Ffs! Time for a claims management company? Much as I hate them it may be that time.

#112 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Ffs! Time for a claims management company? Much as I hate them it may be that time.

Claims management company won't touch it as I haven't claimed for anything, another thing my insurance keep bleeting on about, they don't want to chase them as I haven't made a claim, if I make a claim on my insurance, I will have to pay my excess then claim it back off the other insurance company but they will at least try harder to recover there costs.

It really is a sh*t!  It's her fault and no one seems to give a flying fcuk.

#113 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:10 PM

Take it to court.

#114 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

Take it to court.

Was thinking that but it's going to cost more than it's worth to do.  I've pretty much repaired the car, just need to paint it, just wanted to wait and get a proper job done on it instead!

I'll have one last bash at it this week and if nothing comes good then I'm just going to leave it as 'unsettled' anything more than 6 months to sort out a simple knock is taking the p*ss, think I would better off not bothering with insurance.

#115 p4cks

p4cks

Newbie abuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,430 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:25 AM

Again, I had a similar instance it took abut 7/8 months to sort out.

#116 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 07:58 PM

Take it to court.

Was thinking that but it's going to cost more than it's worth to do.  I've pretty much repaired the car, just need to paint it, just wanted to wait and get a proper job done on it instead!

I'll have one last bash at it this week and if nothing comes good then I'm just going to leave it as 'unsettled' anything more than 6 months to sort out a simple knock is taking the p*ss, think I would better off not bothering with insurance.

Yep. Do that. And they win. The other driver at fault and the insurance companies.  Car insurance is the biggest scam there is. You have to have it and yet it is totally useless when you need it.

Also, why the feck do we insure the car? Surely the better system would be to insure the driver. It pisses me off having to earn NCB for EACH car I have when a claim in one affects all!  Total bloody rip off.  rant over.

#117 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:10 PM

Take it to court.

Yep. Do that. And they win. The other driver at fault and the insurance companies.  Car insurance is the biggest scam there is. You have to have it and yet it is totally useless when you need it.

Also, why the feck do we insure the car? Surely the better system would be to insure the driver. It pisses me off having to earn NCB for EACH car I have when a claim in one affects all!  Total bloody rip off.   rant over.

I agree having an insurance policy to cover the driver would be so much better, again it's all a big scam! They make more money off you this way!  I of course always bother with insurance as it's a legal requirement, but it if it wasn't I think I would just take the risk.

I know I should keep persevering with it, it's just so annoying my insurance company don't like to keep the lines open after 5pm nor do they open Sunday's! Really pisses me off. 

#118 Mushter

Mushter

• Pip
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:Eh, Urm.

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:37 AM

The problem with insurance today is the majority is bought online. Many years ago you arranged pretty much all your insurance through a broker who knew you, your dad, mum, brother and sister by name, insured all of them for everything and would fight your corner for you in the event of a claim. Now we appear to simply be faceless cash cows who remain forever at a distance to faceless insurance companies who only exist in cyberspace. All the employees work from home with no central office, just a telephone. No wonder they don't care about us if they've another episode of Loose Women to watch.

#119 Jetpilot

Jetpilot

• PipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

The thing is though, its surely pretty easy to spot a high risk or low risk driver from the questions, points, claims etc but as a low risk driver, 9+ years no claims, no points etc it still seems i am paying though the nose, i guess my policy is being loaded to also cover the high risk driver.

The biggest irony now is that everyone is so afraid to claim, fault or no fault as we are totally paranoid about next years bill, so the only reason for having it, is being legal.

I have no idea why the government dont adopt some state 3 party insurance and if you want to upgrade to fully comp you can in the usual fashion.

However, its genuinely shocking when the insurance company is provided with footage of the incident, has received multiple false allegations from the other driver and STILL dont respond. 

I would take it up with the insurance ombudsmen and litter social media about how rubbish the company is, link the footage, lies from the 3rd party etc etc

#120 GiGo

GiGo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:20 PM

However, its genuinely shocking when the insurance company is provided with footage of the incident, has received multiple false allegations from the other driver and STILL dont respond. 

I would take it up with the insurance ombudsmen and litter social media about how rubbish the company is, link the footage, lies from the 3rd party etc etc

Now I would litter it all over Social Media etc... but then again should I really?  Her statement and diagram most likely was given in confidence (I know I've put it on here an open forum, but .org isn't the same as Facebook).

As for ombudsmen, that's a good idea I shall see what I can do there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users