• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 10:43 AM

Dose anyone have the in take port dimensions for the Saab b207 cylinder head please.

#2 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,717 posts
  • Interests:Tugging my todger.

Posted 22 January 2017 - 11:14 AM

What dims are you after, I can measure one for you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 vocky

vocky

• 11,969 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 12:41 PM

I think they are pretty much identical to the z22se head thumbsup

#4 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Width and hight of the port please. Cheers FLD

#5 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Mine are 48.5mm wide by 32mm high. There's a slight chamfer down from the edge going about 5-7mm in. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:36 PM

Thanks FLD

#7 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:26 AM

Are you making your own inlet manifold or something similar? Considering how much power your SC'ed kidz are pushing though them now, it would be a wise idea IMO.

Edited by Nev, 23 January 2017 - 07:27 AM.

#8 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:01 PM

Not SC still N/A Nev. Yes having a play with a different inlet manifold. I will post something up when I have tried it.

#9 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 23 January 2017 - 04:06 PM

Not SC still N/A Nev. Yes having a play with a different inlet manifold. I will post something up when I have tried it.

Sounds like a lot of effort to gain a couple of HP. Why not just spend the time super-charging it instead? It will go much more bigly then!  

#10 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:30 PM

Do you want to borrow the head? Iirc you're not a million miles from me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:27 PM

No you are ok thanks for the offer 👍. I have a b207 intake gasket which is a little over sized hence the size check.

#12 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 09:34 PM

Sounds like a lot of effort to gain a couple of HP. Why not just spend the time super-charging it instead? It will go much more bigly then!  
Not to bothered about a big power gain but I know the 2.4l manifold is a restriction. Also plastic intake manifolds sound crap so trying an alloy manifold to try and add some character to the engine sound. The dbilas sounds good but was to small for my engine. SC all the way for power but not keen on the sound. May still go this way at some point never say never.

#13 FLD

FLD

WANNABE MY LOVER

• 13,717 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

I've an alloy Saab manifold if you want to play with one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#14 NickB787

NickB787

Gone but not forgotten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,813 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 05:55 PM

I've an alloy Saab manifold if you want to play with one. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here if wanted

#15 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the offers but I have a manifold am trying 👍

#16 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:24 AM

I have tried the Honda PRB inlet manifold but the 2.4 inlet still works better with my car setup. The PRB inlet flows better at high rpm' s but looses out in the mid range and as my car is used for road only I don't want to sacrifice the torque. I will put the manifold up in the for sale section as it could be useful for a turbo, rotrex or high rpm N/A setup. The manifold out flows the Dbilas flowtec manifold which I have also tested.

#17 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

An ajustable intake port might help, I was considering making one of these some years ago, with (strong) silicon runners that you could adjust lengths on with clips.

#18 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

Yes this or a duel runner manifold would be the answer but for the complications of packaging due to tight space I am going to stick with the 2.4 inlet which does a good job of top end flow and midrange torque with my cams. If I fitted stage 3 cams the Honda Civic type r PRB inlet would come into its own but I don't want to go that wild for road use. This manifold should be a good upgrade for the dbilas turbo conversions that use the flowtec manifold hat is restrictive

#19 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

http://www.ottperfor...7&idcategory=56

#20 oakmere

oakmere

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,143 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 12:53 PM

That is a turbo only intake not N/A as the plenum has no taper for equal air distribution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users