Helpneeded Ordering Parts

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Blöjbyte, barnvagnar, mjölkersättning, kolik och sömnlösa nätter.

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

Hi!

Today my speedster turbo has the following modifications:

Milltek full exhaust

Lightening flywheel

Race Clutch

VXR turbo

Shortbelt kitt

Removed balancer shaft

Charge cooler

Uprated enginemounts

Blue Injectors

Extra oil cooler

Will take my car to a companny and let them map the car. Before that I want to do as much as I can with the motor within resonably limits.

What do you folks think I should buy?

My thoughts:

80mm AM with hoses and air filter

Highflow manifold and plenum

Do I need another map sensor?

Please give me your thoughts!

Regards Jim

#2 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • Interests:Cars, fitness, fishing, sports

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:25 PM

Hi Jim, You really have chosen the best bits already. I can recommend the apexi filter. Sounds awesome and should complement those mods nicely 👍 Jon

#3 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:26 PM

Oh and a decent exhaust system 👍

#4 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:50 PM

Hi and thanks for the input Jon!

Youre not a big fan of Milltek exhaust? To much money to replace:)

I dont find anywhere just to buy the air intake pipework so im lokking at this http://www.regelin-p...ster-turbo.html

Found this inlet manifold on ebay http://www.ebay.co.u...L-/161870456688

Cheap and maybe for a reason? Wrong way to go?

#5 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 09:31 PM

This one feels more as a kitt http://www.courtenay...x/prod_966.html so I think its worth some money to know that it fit with each other. 

#6 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:31 AM

Found this inlet manifold on ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Flow-Inlet-Intake-Manifold-ASTRA-ZAFIRA-VXR-GSi-VX220-Z20LEH-Z20LET-LER-LEL-/161870456688 Cheap and maybe for a reason? Wrong way to go?

I got the Pegasus manifold for £160 incl shipping to Sweden, so make them an offer if you decide to go for it :) I got their tophat for 50 incl shipping. With some heat and vaseline I was able to force the oem rubber hose onto the tophat and everything fits. The quality is not amazing but it's OK. I cannot comment on its performance yet. Where are you gonna map the car?

#7 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:26 AM

That sounds cheap🖒 so the top hat they sell can be used on a speedster? I will go to GDS Performance in Vallåkra for the remap. The only one in sweden that do it what I know. Not so far from me.

#8 turbo boy

turbo boy

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:37 AM

Hi Jim, The inlet manifold is a good mod with the right mapping and should add some useful torque.. you should also consider buying the revised bracket for the alternator to fit it. For the intake pipe work why not give Liam at MMG performance a call as he created a very good solution. I'm also confident that he would ship to Sweden. I believe that it will be a lot cheaper too? Nothing wrong with the Miltek sir, that will do nicely 👍. Jon

#9 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:48 PM

That sounds cheap� so the top hat they sell can be used on a speedster? I will go to GDS Performance in Vallåkra for the remap. The only one in sweden that do it what I know. Not so far from me.

Yes, I made the tophat fit with the OEM hose. A bigger diameter hose might touch the clam but in that case I think you can reposition the hose a bit. There's no problem with the engine cover. I have also done the short belt mod and I have an adjustable tensioner for the alternator. If the alternator is in the most forward position it will get in contact with the manifold. But when adjusted properly it will not touch the manifold.

#10 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:24 PM

Jimsan, are you close to Stockholm at all .

As I am hopefully will be paying a visit to come over and remap everyones VXT

#11 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

http://redirect.vigl...ster-turbo.html is too expencive for what it is (i've got the same one) Use your own alu piping and silicon couplers. The filter from the Regelin kit is this one: (100mm intake and 80mm outlet) supercompetition is the 'dry' type one without oil https://www.sandtler...tem-360413.html

Edited by tibby, 30 January 2017 - 04:48 PM.

#12 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

For the 80mm MAF/LMM , you can search for a Bosch 80mm housing only. You can reuse your own sensor (ONLY when in good condition)!! grtz

#13 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

air filters , go big as you can get , there is plenty of space there for huge k&n

Posted Image

#14 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Hi Jim, The inlet manifold is a good mod with the right mapping and should add some useful torque.. you should also consider buying the revised bracket for the alternator to fit it. For the intake pipe work why not give Liam at MMG performance a call as he created a very good solution. I'm also confident that he would ship to Sweden. I believe that it will be a lot cheaper too? Nothing wrong with the Miltek sir, that will do nicely 👍. Jon

Thanks for the tip about Liam at MMG! Have mailed them but no answear yet, would be perfect so I can order the bracket to the alternator to. 

#15 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:25 PM

That sounds cheap� so the top hat they sell can be used on a speedster? I will go to GDS Performance in Vallåkra for the remap. The only one in sweden that do it what I know. Not so far from me.

Yes, I made the tophat fit with the OEM hose. A bigger diameter hose might touch the clam but in that case I think you can reposition the hose a bit. There's no problem with the engine cover. I have also done the short belt mod and I have an adjustable tensioner for the alternator. If the alternator is in the most forward position it will get in contact with the manifold. But when adjusted properly it will not touch the manifold.

I have also the shortbelt kit but that has nothing to do with the adjustable alternator?

Have you done a remap after you mount the inlet manifold? where?

#16 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:35 PM

Have almost 400km to stockholm and 200km to Vallåkra but it would have been fun to meet other Speedster owners. Will have that in mind, thumbsup

The big airfilter, is that something you recomend? Can you the part number on it, it was a K/N?

#17 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

For the 80mm MAF/LMM , you can search for a Bosch 80mm housing only. You can reuse your own sensor (ONLY when in good condition)!! grtz

Think also that the regellin airfilter kit sounds expensive for what it is. Will whait and se if MMG get in thouch with me otherwise I maybe try to make my own pipe. 

Have also found emty MAF house and there was money to save. Thanks for the tip thumbsup

#18 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

http://redirect.vigl...ster-turbo.html is too expencive for what it is (i've got the same one) Use your own alu piping and silicon couplers. The filter from the Regelin kit is this one: (100mm intake and 80mm outlet) supercompetition is the 'dry' type one without oil https://www.sandtler...tem-360413.html

Any thoughts about Courtenays Alloy intake pipe?

If thats ok I could order all the parts from them...

#19 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:57 AM

I have also the shortbelt kit but that has nothing to do with the adjustable alternator?   Have you done a remap after you mount the inlet manifold? where?

When you do the shortbelt mod you remove the automatic tensioner. So in order to adjust the belt tension you must instead reposition the alternator until correct tension is obtained. This can for example be done by making a slotted hole in the alternator bracket or get a screw adjuster. I haven't remapped the car yet. I could only take the car for one spin with the new manifold before the snow came. I will probably let Siztenboots do the mapping :)

#20 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:42 AM

Have almost 400km to stockholm and 200km to Vallåkra but it would have been fun to meet other Speedster owners. Will have that in mind, thumbsup

The big airfilter, is that something you recomend? Can you the part number on it, it was a K/N?

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"]RC-3690 K&N [/font][font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"]filter , very reasonable price compared to pretty looking filter like apexi etc.[/font]

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"]what is the nearest airport to you , are you in between stockholm and vallakra then? is gothenburg closer?[/font]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users