Helpneeded Ordering Parts

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:51 AM

If you intend to boost >= 1.5 Bar you will need a wider range MAP sensor.

[font="'arial unicode ms';"]MAP Sensor (2.5 Bar) - OEM Part on VXT = Bosch # 0 261 230 042[/font]

[font="'arial unicode ms';"]MAP Sensor (3 Bar) = Bosch # 0 281 002 437[/font]

[font="'arial unicode ms';"]MAP Sensor (3.5 Bar) = Bosch # 0 281 002 456[/font]

Edited by Nev, 01 February 2017 - 10:53 AM.

#22 harboged

harboged

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:45 PM

Jimsan, are you close to Stockholm at all .   As I am hopefully will be paying a visit to come over and remap everyones VXT

Have almost 400km to stockholm and 200km to Vallåkra but it would have been fun to meet other Speedster owners. Will have that in mind, thumbsup The big airfilter, is that something you recomend? Can you the part number on it, it was a K/N?  

RC-3690 K&N filter , very reasonable price compared to pretty looking filter like apexi etc.   what is the nearest airport to you , are you in between stockholm and vallakra then? is gothenburg closer?

I guess this filter needs to be oiled, right? What about the talk that oiled filters ruin the MAF sensor?

#23 tibby

tibby

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  • Interests:POWER

Posted 01 February 2017 - 04:02 PM

https://www.aemintak...h/univcone.aspx Go for the AEM dry flow filters if you want big/dry types. I've got @ home another dry type one. Do'nt know it's filtration yet, did not mount it... https://www.speedste...t=6893&start=15

Edited by tibby, 01 February 2017 - 04:07 PM.

#24 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Interests:Blöjbyte, barnvagnar, mjölkersättning, kolik och sömnlösa nätter.

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:18 PM

I´m one click away from ordering this, just click the button?

Product Code Stock Price Line Price Posted Image Posted Image Fuel Pump Uprated 340 Stealth In Tank - Astra G/H Zafira A/B Corsa D 
High Flow Uprated In Tank 340 Series Stealth Fuel Pump for most petrol turbo applications. This 340 Fuel Pump is a h… 11800 ∞ £82.50 £82.50 Posted Image Posted Image Alloy Intake Pipe - VX220 Turbo 
All alloy intake/inlet pipe for the Vauxhall VX220 Turbo. The original intake pipe has reportedly experienced problem… 
Application: Upgrade Kit for 80mm AFM 
Option: Stealth Black Finish 
Hose Colour: Red AIPVXT ∞ £119.00 £119.00 Posted Image Posted Image High Flow Inlet Manifold and Plenum - Z20LEx 
High Flow Inlet Manifold and High Flow Plenum designed for ALL Z20LEx petrol turbo engines The Courtenay Klasen High … 
Option 1: With Thermal Gasket and Longer Studs 
Option 2: With Inlet Manifold Gasket 
Hose Option: VX220 Turbo 
Hose Colour: Red 
DV Take Off Option: No Dump Valve Take Off Z20HFIMP ∞ £576.54 £576.54 Posted Image Posted Image VXR 80mm Air Flow Meter 
80mm Bosch/Z20LEH Air Flow Meter As factory fitted on Astra H and Zafira B VXR models. Upgrade Air Flow Meter for … AFMVXR ∞ £120.00 £120.00

#25 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

[font="arial, sans-serif;font-size:12.8px;"]what is the nearest airport to you , are you in between stockholm and vallakra then? is gothenburg closer?[/font]

Its Växjö airport 40km away. Gothenburg are closer to me, think its a 3hour drive. Is there any thread about your trip to sweden?

#26 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:56 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]  Product Code Stock Price Line Price [/color]Posted Image[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]Fuel Pump Uprated 340 Stealth In Tank - Astra G/H Zafira A/B Corsa D

No, not really   :)

What power are you making now?

future plans?

:)

Gaz

#27 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:11 PM

When you get it mapped, make sure you test the partial throttle boost transient (ie the point at which the boost kicks in when accelerating, and also the point when the boost bypasses when de-accelerating). This is key to drivability, some mappers pay attention to it, but many don't.

#28 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 02:45 PM

I remember when I tried running z20 ecu on sc 2.2 full throttle was perfect, part throttle was bunny hopping down the road :lol:

#29 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:45 PM

[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]  Product Code Stock Price Line Price [/color]Posted Image[color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;]Posted Image[/color][color=rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;] [/color]Fuel Pump Uprated 340 Stealth In Tank - Astra G/H Zafira A/B Corsa D

future plans?

Gaz

I´m sure I saw this was recomended for cars with between 250-400hp. I just guessing but I hope that I can just pass the 300hp in my car. I´m a realy novice in this soo I´m very glad for all of your advise.

Don´t think I have any more plans for the engine after this so you think I can skip this fuel pump?

#30 Jimsan

Jimsan

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 04:49 PM

When you get it mapped, make sure you test the partial throttle boost transient (ie the point at which the boost kicks in when accelerating, and also the point when the boost bypasses when de-accelerating). This is key to drivability, some mappers pay attention to it, but many don't.

Any advise when the boost should kick in? As I have said before i´m not good at this, do you think I need a dump valve?

#31 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 752 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 08:48 PM

future plans?

Gaz

I´m sure I saw this was recomended for cars with between 250-400hp. I just guessing but I hope that I can just pass the 300hp in my car. I´m a realy novice in this soo I´m very glad for all of your advise.

Don´t think I have any more plans for the engine after this so you think I can skip this fuel pump?

Message sent

#32 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:41 AM

Any advise when the boost should kick in? As I have said before i´m not good at this, do you think I need a dump valve?

No, you don't need a dump valve.

Ask your mapper to carefully drive the car on the dyno at the point where the bypass valve triggers on/off. This is at partial throttle, somewhere above 3000 RPM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users