• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]The new Shift P2 and the Shift P2+ will be arriving in the next few days, the original Shift-i was easily the best unit on the market and it is now even better with a host of advanced features and extra functions including for the P+ model 3 wired channels which can be used as input or output channels.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]The only difference between the P2 and the P2+ is a software unlock, the units are identical.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]For example channel 1 could be used to power a buzzer, this can be triggered by a number of criteria including last phase of the sequential lights or above a set RPM limit etc.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]Typical of the advanced functionality of Ecliptech products the output is not a simple on/off function, no chance! the output itself can be a single pulse, repeat pulse with a timed gap (0.1-360 seconds!) or even a frequency (set in Hz).[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]This really is a fabulous piece of kit that you can easily personalise to a very high degree.[/color]
[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]These settings are stored and held by the P+ model btw, two separate profiles to cater for different drivers or different use (track/training with a lower RPM change for example)[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]Another channel could be used for the oil pressure to generate a visual warning, this warning could even be linked to the third channel to carry out an action i.e to send a signal to set a lower RPM limit (if the ECU supports this function) or an audio warning from a different buzzer than the RPM tone set on channel 1.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]The obvious differences from the Shift-i are the larger (and brighter) lenses powered by the RGB LEDS which can generate 11 colours in programme mode. The small display is used mainly for setup but is also used to display info during warnings.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]The unit is slightly slimmer than the earlier model and the buttons are much easier to use as feedback is from the screen.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]More later as we continue to play.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Verdana, Arial, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;]We may be looking for a few owners to help with the fitting [/color]guide for the VX, we will include a nice discount but we do need the info including ease of setup and uses for the channels.

U2U please if you are interested.

Attached File  Shift P2 (1).jpg   90.54KB   27 downloads

Attached File  Shift_P2_features.gif   33.18KB   26 downloads

#2 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:00 PM

I have the original Shift-i and absolutely love it.

#3 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

I have the original Shift-i and absolutely love it.

I just hope you are not being tempted to upgrade   :)

With P2+

2 x Fully programmable sequence with up to 15 stages, each stage can be any of the 11 colours or any position (or positions) of the lights and each stage can flash or not.

So you can have two greens on the outside moving towards the middle when all turn orange then red then flash etc, etc.

What I like is by laying the unit flat and reversing the pattern you can use the reflection as a HUD

Spent the afternoon playing with the channels, output for a buzzer is easy, same as a low oil pressure warning.

For more complex tasks you can join channels so a channel being used as an input can be used as an output to another channel

when the criteria for switching is achieved such as an RPM point or a voltage on the input channel.

The purple light are just outrageous.

:)

#4 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:38 PM

Cost?

#5 ditonics

ditonics

Turbos aren’t as good as NA’s

• PipPipPipPip
  • 939 posts
  • Interests:Marks cat, Joes Mum and Stuarts skills with a wonky erection.

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:31 PM

Cost?

https://ecliptech.co...egory/shift-p2/ Can't find it in the UK.

#6 ArticMonkey

ArticMonkey

On the run from the grammar police!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,792 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 11:33 PM

Cost?

https://ecliptech.co...egory/shift-p2/ Can't find it in the UK.
thumbsup

#7 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:36 AM

Pricing for the P2 is £151 and the P2+ is £177

P2 to P2+ code unlock is £29 all plus del and vat.

They are here already, just arrived this morning!

#8 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:57 AM

How do you intend to mount them Gaz, as the concave bottom doesn't fit in any natural place on the binnacle. I know that Alex on here went to some lengths and made a plinth on a 3d printer.

I got emailed by them in Dec to buy one, but I'm busy with exhausts ATM.

Edited by Nev, 02 February 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#9 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:37 PM

Easy answer Nev is as you wish really, as they are slightly curved so they fit the binnacle better than the original straight version.

I have been getting some really nice results by using it as a HUD, it's bright enough to overcome the partial loss of light through the windscreen but a nice tinted reflective shield would be brilliant ......

We sell these to dealers across the entire spectrum of vehicles so there is no design that would cover even half of the models as a perfect fit.

If you have a plan? .......

#10 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

If anybody wants a plinth to fit an original flat bottom one... PM me :)

#11 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:37 PM

Seems good value. How easy are these to fit and set up in real life?

#12 alexb

alexb

• PipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 02:46 PM

Just installed the old version. It's a 3 wire install: ground, switched 12V and RPM signal. As it will be mounted somewhere around the dash, all the wires you need are within easy reach. RPM from the stack. I took ground and switched from the radio as it was easier, but assume they're available from the stack too. As mentioned above, real nice kit. Additional feature, not mentioned in the datasheet, is that on full bright you get a good sun tan. Brightness levels can be set and there's an automatic setting that adjusts the LEDs for ambient light and switches the brightness back when nothing is happening (RPM wise). Setting up is the usual fumbling with too many things to do with not enough buttons. Done in a couple of minutes though. Beware that applies to the old unit, I'm not sure how the new one is programmed.

#13 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:40 PM

Seems good value. How easy are these to fit and set up in real life?

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]Very, as it has a setup screen giving you feedback from every input. Despite being far more adjustable with a shed load of possibilities on the three channels [/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]it has an install function on the function menu and will even show you the signal input as a strobe display.[/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"][color=rgb(0,0,0);]I've been having a really good play with the P2+ advanced functions and have been using the three controlled channels for a variety of tasks.[/color][/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]So far I have connected an oil pressure switch to produce both a visual warning on the unit and also send a signal via a second channel to a beeper (the signal can either be a simple on/off selection or you can configure the device for a timed pulse of which both the on and off times are adjustable or it can even produce a frequency up to 25hz. [/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]You can use two channels for the buzzer if you wish so I had an RPM warning set at at 7000 giving a 5hz beep followed by a solid beep from the second channel when the last segment of the display is active i.e at the change up point. Bit like a missile lock from an air-to-air.[/font]

[font="'lucida sans unicode', 'lucida grande', sans-serif;"]It's brighter but the brilliance control is now visual (it shows you the light map) so very easy to setup as you want it.[/font]

As for the display, well the only real limit is your imagination. it has a maximum of 15 stages and each stage can be any combination of any of the lights in any of the 11 colours and each stage can either be solid or flash.
As the sequence can run either way it can now be used as a HUD from the windscreen keeping the arc shape of the lamps the correct way up.

If I could force myself to stop playing with it I may get some work done....

Let me know if you are interested.

#14 mitm

mitm

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 689 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

http://www.google.co...OSHtIUJr0vkZ-kQ Yes please...

#15 Spitfire Engineering

Spitfire Engineering

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 04:29 PM

I can only cope with first encounters!

Only 2 from the entire first shipment left so let me know, there might be a small incentive if you let us know what you think.

Obviously first come etc

Gaz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users