Introduction To My Latest Vx220

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:08 PM

Haven't driven it since October as I moved house last year and have been too busy. Just finished a spanner check and service on it though so I'm ready for action once the tow car is sorted.

Still love the car as it suits my needs perfectly, just need to get my ARDS done now.

#22 Danny Scarbro

Danny Scarbro

• Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Track days!

Posted 20 February 2017 - 03:26 PM

Blyton was a success, had a great day and have got a really good feeling about the car now.

The morning was fairly slippy to be honest, had plenty of sideways moments which we found the car was nice, balanced and civilised on the limit.

We were really worried about the sound limit of 95db, so we started the day part throttle and short shifting at 4k past the sound meter, and checked with the guys in the control box at lunch, they said we were fairly quiet so progressively opened it up in the afternoon with no black flags, so that's a result.

Overall the car felt really good, the brakes felt strong however there is still a judder that got worse throughout the day, looks like the disks may well need replacing not just the clean up we tried. The grip levels were not that high all day but its been a while since we have been on track without semi slicks to be honest, the terminal speed was faster than the mx5 getting to 110mph down the back straight on the gps which we were really impressed with.

Looking at the lap times at the end of the day we were getting late 1;12's-low 1;13's which although is a little slower than the mx5 I'm sure with the updates to the tyres/gearbox it will be a really well sorted package and then just need plenty of seat time to exploit the most from it and get into the sub 1;10's target.

Ill get some pictures and videos uploaded when I get the chance.

Dan

#23 Danny Scarbro

Danny Scarbro

• Pip
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Track days!

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:53 AM

Bit of an update on this one;

Have been buying/selling quite a few parts and doing a few bits.

The interior is now fully stripped, and I am going to be making some door cards next week.

Have got a Quaife LSD, 4.4 final drive to swap into the current box when I get time.

Hard-top to get painted and fitted.

I also got a new Tillett B6f carbon seat which I am in love with, need to get some mounts and get it fitted.

Will buy a second one but need to re-coup some funds first!

I will also be putting new disks on in the next month and will convert to lightweight bells at the same time.

Then I want to get a rolling road session done, some geo work and see what it weighs.

The use use use it!

Dan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users