• Please log in to reply
278 replies to this topic

#41 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:20 PM

He has been speaking with simon mcbeath https://www.google.c...mobile&ie=UTF-8

Yeah I saw on a thread when I just googled his owners name. The thing is it all works in principle, but principle and reality are very different and even though he got it reviewed by an expert it doesnt mean anything until you prove it in a wind tunnel or on track in a scientific way. 

For my motorsport degree dissertation I designed a double wishbone front end for a Yamaha R1. I got it reviewed by the funy front end king himself, Norman Hossack. He said my design was very good but it was only a CAD design, no one is queing up at my door to buy my designs because its unproven. 

#42 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:22 PM

he put something up asking people who they thought he reminded them of the most.. Eddie "the eagle" Edwards or Burt Munroe.. Thats the moment i lost all respect for the bloke.

#43 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:33 PM

he put something up asking people who they thought he reminded them of the most.. Eddie "the eagle" Edwards or Burt Munroe.. Thats the moment i lost all respect for the bloke.

I would add Walter Mitty as well....

#44 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 15 February 2017 - 12:35 PM

He has been speaking with simon mcbeath https://www.google.c...mobile&ie=UTF-8

stevie wonder

#45 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:driving, motorcycling, snowboarding, v12 lawn mowers

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:00 PM

Represent Britain in Time Attack? This actually made me laugh out loud. What a scrounging, arrogant pissant.

https://www.justgivi..._term=YYvN8weBw

He's offering sponsorship so it's a fairly common practise, people crowdfund for all sorts of things these days, If you hate the idea then don't donate... Insulting someone with a dream of racing his pride and joy says more about you. 

That being said, he's punching way above his weight and I doubt it will happen, not sure why he doesn't just compete in the UKTA to get some experience / exposure first. 

Best of luck to him I say. 

Dont pull the "says more about you" bollocks on me. I know most of the story, Ive spoken to people who say they are owed money by this bloke, I've spoken to people who say they have been conned by this bloke. Its people like you that feeds this idiots quest. Yeah best of luck to him if he does it with his own money, best of luch to him if he doesnt leave people out of pocket in his wake. And "offering sponsorship", dont make me laugh!! 

I've also been on the same track as him and witnessed his driving, he's a danger to all those around him so what about you giving your best of luck to all those people. The blokes a complete fcuking idiot

Knew this was coming, the way you conduct yourself on this forum is frankly appalling.

Fully agree with you Andy_VX. I have read some previous responses/posts from fiveoclock (and other long term members) and they are one of the few reasons I and other members frequent this forum less.

Its a shame because the historic and current knowledge contained and shared on these forums is spoilt by a few antagonistic keyboard warriors..

#46 TheRealVXed

TheRealVXed

Sidekick

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,975 posts
  • Interests:Holy potatoes, fist combat, lycra

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:23 PM

The point of crowdfunding is that until the overall target is met it is only a pledge, no actual money changes hands.  So if he doesn't raise what he needs then no one pays.  Simples :)

#47 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:33 PM

It is a great project, I'd love to give something like this a go. I think a VX would be a great cost effective platform to do it to. I think I would do it as "how fast can you make a VX for the same money you'd buy a standard Exige S2". I'm not going to bother though as the car is still waaaaay faster than I am.

#48 PaulCP

PaulCP

Whipping Boy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,064 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:35 PM

Represent Britain in Time Attack? This actually made me laugh out loud. What a scrounging, arrogant pissant.   https://www.justgivi..._term=YYvN8weBw    

He's offering sponsorship so it's a fairly common practise, people crowdfund for all sorts of things these days, If you hate the idea then don't donate... Insulting someone with a dream of racing his pride and joy says more about you.    That being said, he's punching way above his weight and I doubt it will happen, not sure why he doesn't just compete in the UKTA to get some experience / exposure first.    Best of luck to him I say.   
Dont pull the "says more about you" bollocks on me. I know most of the story, Ive spoken to people who say they are owed money by this bloke, I've spoken to people who say they have been conned by this bloke. Its people like you that feeds this idiots quest. Yeah best of luck to him if he does it with his own money, best of luch to him if he doesnt leave people out of pocket in his wake. And "offering sponsorship", dont make me laugh!!  I've also been on the same track as him and witnessed his driving, he's a danger to all those around him so what about you giving your best of luck to all those people. The blokes a complete fcuking idiot  
  Knew this was coming, the way you conduct yourself on this forum is frankly appalling.  
  Fully agree with you Andy_VX. I have read some previous responses/posts from fiveoclock (and other long term members) and they are one of the few reasons I and other members frequent this forum less.   Its a shame because the historic and current knowledge contained and shared on these forums is spoilt by a few antagonistic keyboard warriors..
I guess it depends on what experience anyone has had with the guy. No doubt many of the defenders on this thread have never experienced his arrogance. I fully agree with 5oc that the guy is a danger and a menace on track. 2 years ago at Snetterton he was coming out of the pits at the same time that I was preparing for Riches curve at the end of the pit runout. I'd already committed to the curve and the line when he suddenly decided to accelerate and block the line resulting in me having a big moment taking avoiding action. When I politely mentioned the incident to him afterwards his reaction was "I didn't see you but anyhow I have a faster car so was entitles to accelerate to get in front of you" The guy is a complete arrogant tw@t and doesn't have the slightest comprehension of what is happening around him on track

#49 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:50 PM

The point of crowdfunding is that until the overall target is met it is only a pledge, no actual money changes hands.  So if he doesn't raise what he needs then no one pays.  Simples :)

It's just giving tho not crowdfunding so you get the money straight away don't you?

#50 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:52 PM

Represent Britain in Time Attack? This actually made me laugh out loud. What a scrounging, arrogant pissant.   https://www.justgivi..._term=YYvN8weBw    

He's offering sponsorship so it's a fairly common practise, people crowdfund for all sorts of things these days, If you hate the idea then don't donate... Insulting someone with a dream of racing his pride and joy says more about you.    That being said, he's punching way above his weight and I doubt it will happen, not sure why he doesn't just compete in the UKTA to get some experience / exposure first.    Best of luck to him I say.   
Dont pull the "says more about you" bollocks on me. I know most of the story, Ive spoken to people who say they are owed money by this bloke, I've spoken to people who say they have been conned by this bloke. Its people like you that feeds this idiots quest. Yeah best of luck to him if he does it with his own money, best of luch to him if he doesnt leave people out of pocket in his wake. And "offering sponsorship", dont make me laugh!!  I've also been on the same track as him and witnessed his driving, he's a danger to all those around him so what about you giving your best of luck to all those people. The blokes a complete fcuking idiot  
  Fully agree with you Andy_VX. I have read some previous responses/posts from fiveoclock (and other long term members) and they are one of the few reasons I and other members frequent this forum less.   Its a shame because the historic and current knowledge contained and shared on these forums is spoilt by a few antagonistic keyboard warriors..
If people don't like certain members why don't you block them? Saves getting wound up then :)

#51 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:53 PM

It's just giving tho not crowdfunding so you get the money straight away don't you?

Correct    

What happens if I donʼt hit my target? If you donʼt hit your target youʼll still receive any funds you raised (minus some small fees), so you can still make good things happen. Our data shows that pages with targets raise more than those without, so itʼs good to have something to aim for.

#52 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:55 PM

Thought so thumbsup

#53 Andy_VX

Andy_VX

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Boats, F1, Cycling, Home Cinema, Music.

If people don't like certain members why don't you block them? Saves getting wound up then :)

Had no idea you could!  thumbsup

#54 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Did someone say something? :lol: only joking :P

#55 techieboy

techieboy

Supercharger of Doom

• 22,914 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 02:58 PM

I've had a look on the IP.Board marketplace to see if they did some kind of "Snowflake" filter bolt-on for the forum, so that those of delicate sensibilities could tick the box for only being in a cotton wool lined "safe place" but alas, nobody is currently offering one. :P P.S. I've probably overdone it, there's only a dozen people that aren't on my ignore list. No wonder it seems so quiet on here. :D

#56 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,968 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:23 PM

P.S. I've probably overdone it, there's only a dozen people that aren't on my ignore list. No wonder it seems so quiet on here. :D

..I love everyone, and everyone loves me..

..now Techieboy, Matthew, Mathew, Matt,  how many National raffle tickets would you like ?

#57 Kieran McC

Kieran McC

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,416 posts
  • Interests:Fast cars,Track Days.

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:57 PM

Is this the car that caught fire on track last year and burnt out to a shell ?

#58 smiley

smiley

Thetan level 15

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,427 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 03:58 PM

yes (Actually in 2015. 2016 was used to rebuild it, it seems)

Edited by smiley, 15 February 2017 - 04:01 PM.

#59 hughcam

hughcam

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Interests:driving, motorcycling, snowboarding, v12 lawn mowers

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:04 PM

No delicate sensibilities here. I just like to be on a friendly forum without the bitterness and undeserved ego's. 

Having met a lot of you at Anglesey last year a few of your online personas are completely different to how you are in the flesh (mentioning no names)....

#60 chris_uk

chris_uk

I Fancy Joe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 07:34 PM

Is there a reason why pg3 refuses to open,,?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users