Photo

Snowboard/skii Trip, Advise About Bansko?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Branagorn

Branagorn

• Pip
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:I like bikes too

Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:48 PM

Myself and a group of friends (6 in total) went on a Snowboard holiday last year in Tignes.  For some of us it was our first Snow-holiday experience.  We all loved it!

Fast foward this year, after planning to go again, the holiday has suffered from a sever case of 'the bailers'.  So much so, that the plans now leave only 2 enthusiasts standing, myself being one of them.

Keen not to sate our powder fix for another year, were determined to go on regardless.  The two amigos.

I figured, as a participant of this forum, I share a common interest with you guys, perhaps in person we could get along just swell.

Anyway, we are planning to go to Bansko on the 3/4th of March (coming up fast!), seeing as its nice and cheap.  The entire holiday could cost as much £500, for everything, which is stupidly cheap compared to France/Austria.

I know chances are slim of getting more people involved (i am trying all avenues), so for the sake of a 5 min write up and some internet space, I thought i'd extend the invite here.

Also however, if any members just so happen to be going anywhere in Europe on that weekend, and wouldnt mind two tag alongs, do let me know, we havent booked anything yet.

Or just engage in idle now-chat below.  I need a snow fix!

#2 Pidgeon

Pidgeon

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,254 posts

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:22 PM

Tignes is a bad place for your first holiday.  It's all downhill from there.  Bansko is near the bottom of the hill.

You'd be better off on Snowheads, there's a forum for finding others to join your holiday.

#3 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:07 AM

I went bansko on the brother in laws stag do. It's not the best and I certainly will never ever return to Bulgaria ever ever again. Hope that helps 😂

#4 SteveA

SteveA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,151 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:43 AM

First Snowboarding holiday I ever did was to Borovets which is quite close to Bansko. Was pretty good, obviously no Val Disere but cheap and cheerful and I'd go again. Problem you might have at that time of year is a lack of snow, they have cannons on the main runs in Borovets but it's no substitute for fresh powder.

Edited by SteveA, 22 February 2017 - 09:45 AM.

#5 Tibbles Stryker

Tibbles Stryker

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

If you do manage to go bansko only eat in a restaurant called Victoria, the rest were awful.

#6 Harry Hornet

Harry Hornet

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:25 PM

..imo..just go to Hemel or Mk snow domes for the week..you'll probably get more excitement ..and you dont waste all that time getting there

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users