• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#21 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

I don't no how strict the rules are nowadays with the owner to weight ratio But maps can be changed at a  switch of a switch nowadays giving more rpm or power So do wonder how this is all policed or is it done on face value

spelling corrected 

#22 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:46 PM

I wonder what a mixture of your manifold mods connected to a chargecooler from the vx turbo (given that we all agree the cc is better than the intercooler on a vx ;) ) If I could have a way of supercharging mine to about 245whp (to keep me under 260whp/ton) and be reliable in a 40+ minute race (or longer given the Birkett) then I would consider it.

I suppose my car will be a test bed this year mark. Our 40 minute races in summer conditions will certainly test it's limits.

#23 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 08:49 PM

I don't no how strict the rules are nowadays with the owner to weight ratio But maps can be changed at a  switch of a switch nowadays giving more rpm or power So do wonder how this is all policed or is it done on face value   spelling corrected 

Your right you could cheat and have a switchable map but if they suspect your running higher power than you are they can move you up to the next class. We were spot check at Snetterton for weight afterthought race.

#24 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:28 PM

So nothing cheap then haha.

its as cheap as 245 bhp gets out of a z22se

#25 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:31 PM

I will sell you a kit for cost if you put a giant batman logo on your car Alternatively the same deal if you put marines are poofs :lol: :lol:

#26 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 03:28 PM

As i cant drive mine on the road a Courtenay map would be easier, if i have to have water injection id probably have to use the dutch software and then have to pay to use a rolling road to set it up. It all keeps creaping up.

#27 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

Just borrow someone's reg plates

#28 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:44 PM

Just borrow someone's reg plates

Ooooh, now you've gone and said it!

You'll have the legal Gestapo after you (Cocopops). I foresee another "mystery" posting disappearance!  

Edited by Nev, 03 March 2017 - 08:47 PM.

#29 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:20 PM

:lol:

#30 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

As i cant drive mine on the road a Courtenay map would be easier, if i have to have water injection id probably have to use the dutch software and then have to pay to use a rolling road to set it up. It all keeps creaping up.

The OBD base maps may not be completely optimized for max power on your specific engine, but then run pretty decent out of the box.

#31 Captain Vimes

Captain Vimes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,755 posts
  • Interests:Motorbikes, VX220, Procrastination

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

The OBD base maps may not be completely optimized for max power on your specific engine, but then run pretty decent out of the box.  
I'm still running pretty much exactly the same map that Peter sent me. A fuel learn is about all I've really done but it didn't add any power.

#32 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:07 PM

I'm still running pretty much exactly the same map that Peter sent me. A fuel learn is about all I've really done but it didn't add any power.
If anything I would say your likely to lose a bit from a fuel learn The real gains are from doing a lot more than just a fuel learn

#33 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

Quick update, drove the car yesterday and car drives fine with no hesitation or side effects so far. Racing at Donnington on the 18th so will report back again after its had a good thrashing

#34 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 10 March 2017 - 05:01 PM

Great news Adam, it just needed someone with a bit of engineering talent to resolve this bugbear.

#35 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:50 PM

Cheers Nev, there's always a lot of hear say on the Internet so had nothing but a inlet to lose by trying it

#36 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Cheers Nev, there's always a lot of hear say on the Internet so had nothing but a inlet to lose by trying it

Too many keyboard warriors and carbon polishers on here, and not enough have-a-go talent I'm afraid. Considering the number of SC'ed VX220s the community has, it's amazing that nobody really cracked this before.

I expect you might have a few owners PMing you requests to build a few of these if you can show evidence of good IATS.  

Edited by Nev, 11 March 2017 - 09:29 PM.

#37 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

Nev you're definitely on your period these last couple of days aren't you ;) The problem is space and money. Winstar offered to make a new bigger better intake but the demand wasn't there. There is only a problem when going over 320bhp imo But why spend loads of hours, trial and errors, big headaches when can just fit water injection All the cheap methods like in this thread have been tried and tested and failed unfortunately. As for keyboard warriors.. :lol: :lol:

#38 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:42 PM

Nev you're definitely on your period these last couple of days aren't you ;) The problem is space and money. Winstar offered to make a new bigger better intake but the demand wasn't there. There is only a problem when going over 320bhp imo But why spend loads of hours, trial and errors, big headaches when can just fit water injection All the cheap methods like in this thread have been tried and tested and failed unfortunately. As for keyboard warriors.. :lol: :lol:

Well if water injection works and you are happy to stop every 60 mins or whatever to refill then that's great. However a proper long term solution can't be that hard. I've had a look over SC'ed cars and a solution seemed viable to me.

The problem is, these things require a bit of gumption, somewhat lacking on here. You can't just squish all that air and expect it to stay cool. Much as I like SC'ed cars boosting the charge causes real world problems.

As for you inference that I'm just a keyboard warrior, yesterday I was chopping up front wishbones and rewelding them to change the kingpin angle and heavily reduce the castor. Not something I've even heard of anyone on here attempting.

You keep having a dig at me, because I roll my eyes at the development apathy on here. You need to remember it takes people like Adam and myself to push things forward and freely share the results/designs or everyone would still be driving OEM powered cars. You'd do well to remember than next time you buy a "kit part" off the shelf and add it to an NA and then charge someone for it. That "kit part" was developed by someone, somewhere, and in my case I freely share that info (rather than try and make money off people).

Edited by Nev, 11 March 2017 - 11:56 PM.

#39 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

My problem is you either have to do it the nev way or you're wrong. You are a internet warrior there is no doubt about it, I've met you in real life and you're a nice guy but you just attack anyone that buys something to make there car look nicer or polish it to look nicer. If they want to do that then that's fine why does it offend you and make you have to comment saying how wrong they are for didn't it?! It just annoys me how you generalise everyone and push people away. 3 people have mentioned you in the last 2 days for pissing them off with your remarks and then you Target others on here for making it a crap place even though you are doing the exact same thing! Anyways.. I've finished having a poo now so will go back to watching the film.

Edited by The Batman, 12 March 2017 - 12:05 AM.

#40 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• 11,587 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 11:58 PM

My problem is you either have to do it the nev way or you're wrong.

Stopping to fill up a water/methanol reservoir every 50 miles or so is hardly a convenient solution is it? And that is why I think a propper CC'ed system would be much more elegant. I think most people would agree with that, even if it is "Nevs way" as you so disdainfully put it.

As a matter of interest what boost PSI do the stage 2 and stage 3 cars make, and what's the SCR of the Z22SE?

Edited by Nev, 12 March 2017 - 12:10 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users