Modded The 2.2 Sc Manifold To Run A Intercooler

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#81 mige

mige

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

Yes thanks I make a few loggings car is ready I must install obd tuner pro new gearbox brakes and some parts With lsj manifold i have if cruising 55degree then 3 gear feom zero to limitter In logging i have 75 degrre With new one from 60 cruising down to 42 degree in same gear Nice day

#82 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

I ADMIT BATMAN THINKS HE IS QUICKER THAN ME

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,727 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:42 AM

The only other person I speak to who has a 4.17 final drive gearbox is luke ( Haggie ) and he also has always had good intake temps Wonder if the fact that the close ratio box ( more gear changes ) allows the intake temps to re-cover easier quicker and dosent get to the high intake temps in first place because there not on full WOT as long as is standard gearbox users

#83 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

Luke is changing back though.

#84 mige

mige

• Pip
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

Hello i have hot inlettemperatures with lsj manifold also with 4.41 In my case i drive sometimes racetrak most time alps and there are much more heat in my car ithink from lower speed less cooling I drive most time on my homemountain roads So i can drive most time in 3rd gear was great from 20 to 150 kmh with one gear on slip limit was pretty nice But for longer drive to much revs Also 1.and 2nd gear only wheelspin So i try now with 3.95 otherwise i fit my 4.17 axle👍👍

#85 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 02:05 PM

Luke is changing back though.

yes he is but also going 2.4 so nothing comparable

luke has also had to adjust his wheel size to compensate for the power runs etc and always   had good power results ???

in the pro version of the software you just select what gearbox you have rather than adjusting wheel size 

#86 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

So after racing at Donington this weekend the intercooler system worked just fine, no lack of response from acceleration or between gear changes. The car is very rich on the CS map (hitting 10.0 on wideband on full throttle) so I think a remap is needed as I have also change the pulley from a cs1 to a lsj. Had an oil issue in the race so am now going to build a forged engine

#87 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Just playing devils advocate here You previously had what you believed was inlet temp issues on big pulley ( without knowing inlet temps ) and running rich You then changed to air cooler with some nice work And a smaller pulley Still not sure what you inlet temps are but still running rich no remap As you don't have tmap it's unlikely your lack of power before is down to inlet temp retardation and extra fueling It worry me you were hitting pre ignition and creating knock which cuts ignition and adds fuel And now potentially you have run the car even leaner with smaller pulley compounding the issue And now have high oil usage ??

#88 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:03 PM

I love the way you guys have taken our car this far !

Lotus spent years trying to make a good solid track focused car ........

u guys take the bits from gm family and bolt them on an tune away !

Nev is now even cutting up wish bones to try and get more from the car !!!!

You guys really are the bolocks and chaps like me gain a few hp and a little more handling because 

of the time you spend drawing fag packet diagrams and scratching you heads in the quest for more power 

and handling.

if only there was a VX only series for Turdbo's Na's and SC's then all this effort would be worth it.

Carry on VX'ing guys and make us quicker and stiffer round the bends on our track days or the MaccyD's car park !!

Peace xxxx

#89 Zoobeef

Zoobeef

Joes bedroom assistant.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,102 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:19 PM

Just playing devils advocate here You previously had what you believed was inlet temp issues on big pulley ( without knowing inlet temps ) and running rich You then changed to air cooler with some nice work And a smaller pulley Still not sure what you inlet temps are but still running rich no remap As you don't have tmap it's unlikely your lack of power before is down to inlet temp retardation and extra fueling It worry me you were hitting pre ignition and creating knock which cuts ignition and adds fuel And now potentially you have run the car even leaner with smaller pulley compounding the issue And now have high oil usage ??

If a high pressure oil line becomes vented to atmosphere its amazing how much oil you get through :D

#90 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:13 PM

Right to set this straight, original CS map was rich in my eyes running into 10's then leaning off to low 11's at WOT. By adding the smaller pulley the idea was to add more air to lean the mixture off to around the 11.8 to 12.0 afr. The intercooler set up was to do away with the crap standard charge cooler system which doesn't work well on long hard track sessions. I will add a temp.sensors before and after intercooler just to show it works better at a later date. I never said I had high oil usage?! The hose going from the sandwich plate to oil cooler popped off and dropped it's oil and span me into the gravel. Nothing to do with the above mods. I've never been happy with the CS map tbh, as said rich at WOT but then cruise at 80-85mph on motorway and it's lean as he'll on the wideband.

#91 CHILL Gone DUTCH

CHILL Gone DUTCH

• 13,727 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:25 AM

good look with the remap see if you can get it remapped with a tmap rather than  map

and the racing and repairs 

look forward to the results 

as is new ground using a air cooler rather than water CC

#92 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 03:51 PM

As the CS mapping is mostly MAP based and has no intake air temperature measurement, a hot charge (low oxigen content) will be automatically richer than a cool charge (denser oxigen) with the same boost pressure...

(Or differently, a certain amount of cool air charge will show a higher pressure if the temperature rises more, thus leading to a richer fuel mixture from the higher MAP reading.)

Fit an IAT sensor in the manifold and switch to OBD tuner. ;)

#93 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

Update: So took the car to CS for a map check, Jon and Matt were really impressed with the intercooler setup and believed it would work very well on track. Only thing I have noticed is that at idle the silicones suck in slightly as the screws create a vacuum against the closed throttle body. Doesn't affect the running in anyway as soon as you rev it it makes positive pressure and blows them back out. So I will look to reduce the amount of silicones by using alloy bends. Old spec: CS stage 1 pulley and charge cooler 243bhp and 206 lbs ft New spec: standard lsj pulley and intercooler set up 267bhp and 226 lbs ft That's without any map changes just me leaning the map out to a 11.9 afr at WOT After a 15 minute qualifying session at Silverstone national the highest inlet temp I got was 41 degrees with a ambient temp of about 12 degrees. There is scope to channel the air to the intercooler better and to enclose the air filter from the engine bay heat.

#94 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Happy days well done Have you now fitted a tmap sensor? thumbsup

#95 Exmantaa

Exmantaa

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,982 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:29 PM

41 degrees is perfect. Well done!.

Now we as .org need to develop something like this for our engine:

Posted Image

#96 The Batman

The Batman

Super Moderator

• 30,267 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:34 PM

Nice Honda manifold! If you want I can send pro alloy a manifold to see what prices etc can be... my only doubt is there may not be enough interest?

#97 dewismotorsport

dewismotorsport

• Pip
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:47 PM

Cheers, sorry forgot to add that I've added a inlet temp gauge for now and once I swap to Dutch I will add the tmap also. Driving 5 hours each way to CS just isn't cost effective for me.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by dewismotorsport, 04 May 2017 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users