20 replies to this topic

#1 Goosenka

Goosenka

Jeep Driving jolly nice chap

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,716 posts
  • Interests:Fried breakfasts, coffee and dogs

Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Is there anyone on here who works for them?

Need some help.

Many Thanks

CT

#2 Stevie Dubyah

Stevie Dubyah

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,534 posts
  • Interests:Invasive Operations

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:41 PM

Jeez - you're not having any luck at all with 'em, are you mate?

Hope the move went (in all other respects) well and that the country life suits you.

#3 Wolfstone

Wolfstone

Iceman

• 12,984 posts
  • Interests:Northants Pedantic Crew global domination of the media.

Posted 03 March 2017 - 09:42 PM

Ollyj used to work for BT up until about 3 years ago and is still in the industry. Not sure he comes on here much though. Worth a PM though?

#4 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:45 AM

Thanks boys. Moving next Friday Steve. Their call centre staff have the verbal comprehension skills of toilet rolls. Disgusted a company so big can fcuk things up so easily.

#5 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 08:51 AM

Why do you need to deal with them? They don't do anything that any other telco can't do?

#6 oblomov

oblomov

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,758 posts
  • Interests:None

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:36 AM

BT? Turns and spits on floor.......

#7 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 02:58 PM

Why do you need to deal with them? They don't do anything that any other telco can't do?

Not where I am moving to no. It's just there overseas call centre. How they have survived with that set up I have no Idea.

#8 ianrm

ianrm

Joined - in the past 10.02.2004

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,097 posts
  • Interests:Cycling, Football, Cars & Fish keeping.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 10:03 PM

I had lots of issues that went on for 4 months. The Indian call centre were absolutely useless. I would spend hours talking to them and they said they were noting everything down, the next time I call up nothing had been done they did not have a clue what I was talking about.

They even claimed that I had called up and cancelled an installation date 6 hours before they sent an e-mail telling me the booking date, when the engineer failed to show up and I asked why?

I e-mailed and wrote to Libby Barr Consumer Customer Care Managing director and within a few hours I had a call from a Guy in Ireland who sorted all my issues out within a couple of weeks and said that if ever I have any issues in the future to call him direct. I did have one further problem, called him and it was sorted out in 5 mins.

Edited by ianrm, 04 March 2017 - 10:09 PM.

#9 Ormes

Ormes

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,612 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:47 PM

Good stuff Ian... the trick with BT is whilst you are still talking to Indian call centres and other helpless individuals... you will not ever get anywhere... you need to find the path of escalation that takes you out of the smoke screen and in touch with somebody who is empowered to help as quickly as you can.

#10 CocoPops

CocoPops

SuperCharged Karting Super Hero

• 17,177 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:13 PM

Ceoemail.com

#11 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 05 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

they are sh*t !

refused to instal a line at my house when we were building 

#12 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 06 March 2017 - 09:54 AM

BT are horrendous to deal with not just for retail customers. Incredibly disjointed company. 

Should be able to go to a multitude of vendors though. They will still use BT's network but at least you won't have to deal with BT yourself.

#13 bazMV6

bazMV6

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts
  • Interests:Need another VX220 one day...

Posted 06 March 2017 - 10:21 AM

It took them 4 and a half months to install a new line for me - and another 2 months to put me on the broadband package I was paying for.  :angry2:

Try the community forum (https://community.bt.com/) - the "mods" on there have the ability to kick the right people.

#14 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:02 PM

Well the issue is the existing property is very rural and no one else services the area and they currently have a BT phone line and internet connection.

So I go online and setup the cancellation for old and setup new account details for new one.  No issues there.  This was a bout 5 days ago or so.

I get a call from a BT engineer who is just doing a survey before the connection day at the new property and he tells me that actually as this is currently with BT there is nothing to do except change over the account details.  Fine I said I will call BT and sort that out. Well, I may as well have been speaking a newly created language.  No one understood what I was asking for, no one could help and it was so scripted and read straight out of a manual they just could not help me if they tried.  I now keep getting emails telling me that the order is on hold and its really fuked me off.

I dread speaking to them again as you have to speak like a child in simple terms and words and I am buggered If I am doing that.

I need to hit the road running as I have a business to run and need whatever web connection I can get.

#15 Baron Von Scubadaddy

Baron Von Scubadaddy

STAGE 3.333333333333333333333333333333

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,641 posts
  • Interests:Girls, Cars,..... ! spending time asking questions about why my car won't work

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:28 PM

satellite internet...V over IP?

#16 TazN

TazN

Scary Internerd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Airsoft, American Football, Cars

Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

I gave up trying to communicate with BT when we moved last year.

After 3 months of them not dealing with my complaint or even acknowledging it I figured I have better things to do with my time and gave up. Ofcom did f*ck all as well :( One of the cons living in the sticks, BT are normally 1 of a very small handful of providers.

#17 Goosenka

Goosenka

• 12,716 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 10:00 AM

I gave up trying to communicate with BT when we moved last year.

After 3 months of them not dealing with my complaint or even acknowledging it I figured I have better things to do with my time and gave up. Ofcom did f*ck all as well :( One of the cons living in the sticks, BT are normally 1 of a very small handful of providers.

Well BT came and then the shenanigans began. The engineer came down from Cardiff to connect me in Devon.  He had no idea where the junction box was. He left heading off to find it and came back 5 hours later having located it 3 miles away.  Really nice guy but my god what a mess.  But we have a phone and internet now so I'm sort of happy.  We are looking at a company called Voneous who hopefully will deliver a much faster speed.  We shall see.

Goose

#18 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 12:22 PM

BT are no better nor no worse than any other Comms company.  I had horrendous issues with Sky about 14 years ago and through their stuff and contract out of the house and never used since. Vodafone - jeez' do not even get me started on those complete shower of shits - their voice chat people in India just blatantly lie and you can never get anyone in the UK to take ownership of stuff. I had huge issues with their sure signal booster service and in the end just had to give up.

They're all bad bunch, though I have to admit on the broadband side Plusnet have been brilliant and even though I live in the middle of nowhere I get 50mbps connectivity...

#19 LY_Scott

LY_Scott

Formerly LY055SCO

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,220 posts
  • Interests:Stock Car Racing. Sailing, Good Food and Drink! Celtic, Scottish National Team. Bands

Posted 21 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

Sky were not doing telecoms 14 years ago. When they eventually did after buying easynet in 2006 they were using BT's infrastructure in the local-loop and still are. Sky have a court case with BT over Openreach,

#20 Mangham54

Mangham54

Wannabe....

• 12,034 posts

Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:24 PM

For us, Sky have been the only people to enforce Openreach fixed our problem. Had several engineer visits whilst with BT themselves, only to have our equipment condemned, and a lightning strike in a local area to be the cause. On each occasion the new gear didn't happen to start working until about 40mins after the engineer had left our property and parked up for their lunch further down the road. Sky however managed to be on the phone with the Openreach engineer 3 times whilst he as at our property and the problem was solved by a cable replacement between the exchange and our local cabinet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users