Lcd Instrument Cluster In A Vx

• Please log in to reply
382 replies to this topic

#341 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:13 PM

It might be worth sending a PM to @GARW on here as he is the inventor/maker of the dash.

Tried that, doesn't help at all =)

#342 garw

garw

• Pip
  • 125 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]Please register interest on the products page of www.garw.co , an email notification can be requested when products are back in stock.[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]All invitation emails have been sent in September to those who registered interest up to that date[/color]

[color=rgb(0,0,0);font-family:arial, sans, sans-serif;font-size:13px;]The list is no longer viewed and anyone adding their name after the pre ordering date passed would not have received an invite email.[/color]

#343 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

Have received my 8" display and have to say it is a solid looking and feeling piece of kit. Arrived well packaged with the necessary wiring and the wifi dongle.

App downloaded and on the phone ready to go.

Picking up my newly supercharged VX220 from Batman on Friday for the long drive back to Scotlandshire and then can't wait to fit this baby.

Just need to lighten and upskill the driver for fun more in 2018......

#344 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:33 AM

I got mine yesterday too!

As above, bomb proof packaging and sent recorded delivery. It comes with the dash in a solid metal case which bolts into the car which is great, most race style dash's dont come with the parts to make it fit the car nicely. The best part for me was that it came with a long USB cable and a bluetooth adapter. I wasnt expecting that as its not really needed because it comes configured so that was a nice surprise!

Overall very impressed, just a shame my car broke down on Monday so I need to fix it before fitting. Balls.

Edited by Mattyboi, 20 December 2017 - 08:34 AM.

#345 pete-r

pete-r

I never drive faster than I can see

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 05:59 PM

Picking up my newly supercharged VX220 from Batman on Friday for the long drive back to Scotlandshire and then can't wait to fit this baby.

Take it easy coming back it's a serious step up. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!

#346 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 06:39 PM

All of these reviews are making me breathe heavily with excitement....... can't wait for them to come back in stock to be able to place an order.

#347 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:42 AM

Got my dash fitted at last! Was a mission because my dash cowl was glued on all the way around so I had to destroy it to get it off. The dash is great so looking forward to getting the install finished properly now I know its all working properly.

I've only had a quick play with mine so far, so if you've fitted one:-

- How have you got it configured? (what setting/options work well).

- Have you got the gear selected displayed?

- Does your fuel display litres in the tank rather than percent? (I've set it to litres but it reads very high numbers so seems like its still percent).

- Have you customised any displays? I'd like the race dash with the gear selector showing and shift lights.

#348 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 09:43 AM

I started my installation last night but I don't have the tools to remove the jvc cd player. Not sure how to proceed... How does one customise the displays?

#349 robsdesk

robsdesk

• Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

What's the latest on how to order / get in the queue for these?

Cheers

Rob

#350 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 10:30 AM

I started my installation last night but I don't have the tools to remove the jvc cd player. Not sure how to proceed... How does one customise the displays?

You shouldnt need to remove the stereo. To fit the dash you just remove the steering column surround and the dash board cowl. 

You use the advance menu to customise the features in each screen, I'm not sure how to customise the features / look of each screen yet.

#351 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 07:47 PM

I've removed the surround but the cowl seems to be stuck. How is it attached?

#352 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Mine was glued in all the way around and had to be cut out. It should just pull forward and come out though. If you search for Garw dash fitting on youtube there is a good video guide playlist.

#353 VincentL

VincentL

• Pip
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 08:13 AM

Yeah I figured that since that was an Elise it would be different on a vx. Tried to pull on it but it doesn't move an inch. How did you cut it out without removing the big thing on top of the dash.

#354 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 20 March 2018 - 09:08 AM

Posted Image

Yellow arrow points to the steering column surround, this comes out by removing the screws. There are two behind the steering wheel you’ll need to take off which means the steering wheel might need to come off.

The red arrow points to the dash cowl, this should come off by pulling towards you but some have some glue on the sides. Sadly mine was glued in all the way around the bracket which the dials bolt to so had to be cut out.

Hope that helps!

#355 Mopeytitan

Mopeytitan

Billy No Mates

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,908 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Motorbikes, well anything mechanical.
    My dogs (love my dogs).
    F1.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 03:41 PM

To remove the binnacle there two bolts under the speedo that hold the speedo on. You remove the speedo and the binnacle together then in bolt the speedo from the surround.

#356 Mattyboi

Mattyboi

• PipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 09:29 AM

Could someone with a dash fitted to an NA tell me what your 5th gear is set to in the gear selector menu? (Its not the ratio, seems to be an odd factor) Mine works for every gear except fifth. Also, has anyone got the VX220 boot screen logo they could email me? My dash is to early to have it pre-loaded. Thanks!!

#357 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:25 AM

Take it easy coming back it's a serious step up. YOU ARE GOING TO LOVE IT!

Had my first track day in her as an SC yesterday Pete - fook me, the SC is a brilliant conversion and the throttle response, zero lag, is brilliant.  Coming out of the slightly uphill hairpin at Knockhill and you can feed the power in really progressively and the thing just hunkers down and shoots out the corner, even with a driver sid rear shock "bumping" away.  Looking to get Nitrons next and then mechanically that will be about it.

She has scared me Pete - picked her up two weeks ago from  the garage after a good service. Around 1830 at night, cold weather (around 1c), wet roads, blustery winds - floored it in 5th (about 65mph) to pull into a gap in the traffic and she squirelled like hell and almost through me into the central reservation - sh*t myself and Friday night turned into Frightnight!

However, on the track yesterday, she was a joy and a blast, and I had fun lapping roughly the same as a number of S1 Exiges driven by experienced owners, but boy does she build speed on the straights and reel them in.

Having installed my GARW just yet, just been too busy be hopefully had it in for the National.

#358 pete-r

pete-r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 09:55 AM

Awesome, I really like driving an NA because you can take liberties with it but since doing the SC I've not looked back. I can't think of any downsides to it aside from cost. You running dutch map or courtenay?

#359 C8RKH

C8RKH

Need to get Out More

• PipPipPipPip
  • 778 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 11:04 AM

Standard Dutch map. The other thing is if you just wanna drive it "normal", then unless you prod the throttle all the way down the SC can be really docile and just like an NA to drive, but push the throttle harder and she screams into life.  Really is a super mod and suits the car so well.

Just need my GARW in there now. Does anyone know if you have to disconnect the battery to do it?

#360 pete-r

pete-r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 25 March 2018 - 12:00 PM

I didn't disconnect the battery when I was running the test mule unit but there's always a risk I guess. Make sure you do a proper Dutch learn if you haven't already, and with some vxr injectors you might get a little more from it

Edited by pete-r, 25 March 2018 - 12:01 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users