Photo

Lotus Europa S Over Run Shaking Through Car?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Europa s 2006

Europa s 2006

• 1 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 12:30 AM

Hi I am new to this forum, and know this is for vauxhall vehicles. However i own a Lotus Europa s 2006, which has an over run shake whilst slowing after full power that i cant get rid off. These are the parts i have already replaced- suspension all round, tyres, engine mounts all round and tried removing the engine straps all to no avale. All tracking and balancing perfect, new steering rack also, no bad sounds from wheel bearings etc.... shaking is through car at around 2500rpm on over run after hard aceleration. Also the drive shafts are solid with no movement.

If any body has had similar probems or can reccommend any more parts to be replaced, i welcome your vews and advice.

Attached Files

• Attached File  zr.jpg   138.93KB   11 downloads

#2 jonnyboy

jonnyboy

The hardtop guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,288 posts
  • Interests:Lightweight sportscars, Brunettes, Petrol & Beer.

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:35 AM

Yeah it's a "thing" if you search on seloc its common to most europas I believe it's the design of the gearbox mounts. We don't get it on the vx but I've had 2 europas and both did the over run buzz. Not fixable as far as I know. Try the facebook group I think pretty much all the 100 or so owners are on there.

#3 Nev

Nev

Nipper's Minion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,587 posts
  • Interests:Rock climbing, skiing, kayaking, surfing, mountaineering, budgies, chess, practical mechanics.

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

I'd suggest wheel bearings. They may appear to have no play in them but even a tiny amount of wear could cause issues. If you bought 1 new high quality bearing you could fit it in turn to each wheel and drive it to see if it makes a difference. That way you only need to buy 1 part, so not so expensive (assuming you do the work).

#4 siztenboots

siztenboots

RaceMode

• 26,610 posts
  • Interests:french maids

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:50 AM

Dual mass flywheel?

#5 manus

manus

• PipPip
  • 363 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 03:15 PM

On my Europa S the problem is less, not completely gone though, after powerflex inserts have been installed.

#6 VX220BOB

VX220BOB

Super Duper Member

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:52 PM

I have a Europa also and so has a few of my mates and we all experience the vibration on over run (throttle release). This issue is not just with the Europa but also the VXT220 and some Astra models as many topics has been discussed on the this forum, Lotus Seloc and Vauxhall forums many years back. I have found when you get the vibration if you dip the clutch peddle or re-blip the throttle it goes away. It seems to be a combination of the dual clutch and the rear right drive shaft and road conditions causing a resonance vibration. I have reduced my vibration by about 90% by replacing the drive shaft hubs grease with new lithium grease and putting lots more grease then recommended. There is a Europa owners face book group of which is very helpful. https://www.facebook.com/groups/lotus.europa/ 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users